Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Good morning🙂, getting ready to go for my 2nd of 2 mammograms this year......since I had

the lumpectomy the Dr said I need 2 instead of the usual 1 per year. I had the first one in

June---hoping this one shows everything still looks good!

This year has given me some major food for thought........I did have some health issues for

sure but I feel much better now.  I know there are many families who don't have enough food

to eat-----I know I am in the lucky group and that I have plenty to eat and a good roof over my

head.  I want to do some sort of donation this Christmas.........need to research......I know 

Toys for Tots is a legit organization........anyone have any other suggestions?

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning🙂, getting ready to go for my 2nd of 2 mammograms this year......since I had

the lumpectomy the Dr said I need 2 instead of the usual 1 per year. I had the first one in

June---hoping this one shows everything still looks good!

This year has given me some major food for thought........I did have some health issues for

sure but I feel much better now.  I know there are many families who don't have enough food

to eat-----I know I am in the lucky group and that I have plenty to eat and a good roof over my

head.  I want to do some sort of donation this Christmas.........need to research......I know 

Toys for Tots is a legit organization........anyone have any other suggestions?

Salvation Army

• Like 1

Disappointing news today - well, for me - that two people who suffer from allergies have had bad reactions to the vaccine.  I have a few, including to the flu vaccine, so guess I will have to wait and see if one of the other new ones does not work the same way.  Still, a good job they found out so soon, I suppose.

Fingers crossed for your test result, Lois.  Yes, I am able to tell myself that we have enough to live on comfortably, a warm house and nice family.  The world news on tv keeps you real, doesn't it?

Lola

Lois, I'm so happy to hear that you have a good report on your mamo.  On your question about charities....  There are so many in need right now but we have a terrible food insecurity issue in our country so I would suggest you find a local food bank & contribute.  Continued good health.

38 minutes ago, nowornever said:

Lois, I'm so happy to hear that you have a good report on your mamo.  On your question about charities....  There are so many in need right now but we have a terrible food insecurity issue in our country so I would suggest you find a local food bank & contribute.  Continued good health.

Hi, I think I am going to do a Food Bank AND give to Toys For Tots🙂

• Like 1

Well, I decided my first donation will be Toys For Tots......I went to Target this morning and 

bought 6 items.....I got 2 games, one Monopoly and the other Yahtzee.  I got a 3 way puzzle,

a small set of lego's and a box of 4 small athletic balls.......one is a football, one softball, one

basketball and one volley ball ( but they are a smaller size than the "regular ones"). And I got

a Play dough set.  Hopefully the 6 children who get these will enjoy them🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

From the FDA:  ""There are currently insufficient data to make conclusions about the safety of the vaccine in subpopulations such as children less than 16 years of age, pregnant and lactating individuals, and immunocompromised individuals,"    link to source below

From this immunocompromised individual (due to medication), this gets a big what and why?

Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine should be safe for most Americans, but 4 groups have to wait for more data before getting shots (msn.com)

Although it might be unpopular to say this, 2020 has not been a difficult year for us.  I do not in any way want to minimize the fact that many people have been severely hurt by the shut downs due to Covid and that the financial implications which will be long lived.  But, this has been a year when we have been forced to take stock of what is is important in our lives.  We have had the opportunity to take care and mend things that might have been delayed.  We do not go out a lot so that has not been an issue for us. While we have had to cancel a cruise, we have been able to increase charitable contributions.  Our health has been solid despite one serious operation.  Therefore, I am thankful and appreciative of having this year to be thoughtful and grateful.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Although it might be unpopular to say this, 2020 has not been a difficult year for us.  I do not in any way want to minimize the fact that many people have been severely hurt by the shut downs due to Covid and that the financial implications which will be long lived.  But, this has been a year when we have been forced to take stock of what is is important in our lives.  We have had the opportunity to take care and mend things that might have been delayed.  We do not go out a lot so that has not been an issue for us. While we have had to cancel a cruise, we have been able to increase charitable contributions.  Our health has been solid despite one serious operation.  Therefore, I am thankful and appreciative of having this year to be thoughtful and grateful.

Not unpopular, but you are in the lucky group for sure....... I have been in the hospital 3

times this year---of course it could have been worse and I am thankful I am ok now for sure

but I am not going say it wasn't a difficult year.  And although I normally love being an 

independent person, going through those 3 visits by myself was not easy.  I am ready

for 2020 to be gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

From the FDA:  ""There are currently insufficient data to make conclusions about the safety of the vaccine in subpopulations such as children less than 16 years of age, pregnant and lactating individuals, and immunocompromised individuals,"    link to source below

From this immunocompromised individual (due to medication), this gets a big what and why?

Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine should be safe for most Americans, but 4 groups have to wait for more data before getting shots (msn.com)

Immunocompromised people wouldn't be included in the earliest phases of any vaccine trial. It's less like to work for them, because by definition their immune response is less robust. You want your initial trial results to be as favorable as possible, and available as fast as possible. So you first test the population who is most likely to respond the best.

Neither would a trial include children, pregnant women, etc. So there simply isn't data (yet) for these populatios. That's not the same as saying that it won't work for those groups. Or even saying that we don't think it will work. It just means that we haven't studied them, so don't have enough data.

This is common and standard practice. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1