Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Thanksgiving at an Airbnb, close enough to some family in the MidWest so we could celebrate Thanksgiving together.

Are you keeping up with your yoga classes?  Well, I've never been to one but found this going on yesterday - dear wife with 2 young dear granddaughters.  Probably shouldn't have LOL'd but...so precious.

U.S. Thanksgiving weekend ends & our family get together ends. 

JP's cruise looked fantastic, didn't it?

image.thumb.png.fc4ea4ad237256436a5c203f9879e34c.png

• Like 3

Q

When is a Q&A not a Q&A?

A

When there are no As to Qs.

Whilst an excellent presentation by BM, why promote it as a Q&A session if you've no intention of answering any questions that have been requested at the time of registering for the event. It did come across as a cheap, and clumsily worded, way of gathering information on peoples confidence in Cruising and their intentions.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Q

When is a Q&A not a Q&A?

A

Glad I missed it then. Our flight was slightly delayed (20 minutes) but we were in good shape when we got to the gate at 1:45. However, Global Entry at JFK this afternoon was a complete and total cluster. There was a line for 15 minutes to just hand your stupid ticket to a CBP officer! I've never seen anything remotely like it in the 8 years I've used GE. 

Then baggage arrival was a bit poky too. So we didn't set off until 2:40. Still not terrible, and home before 6PM. But I didn't feel like listening to the call at 3:00, while driving in stop and go traffic on the Van Wyck "Expressway."

Good to be home. Now to get some groceries, and takeout food, and some sleep! Work tomorrow.

• Like 5

Nice one M.

I'm still feeling the jet lag from this trip. Just have to get through today and rest up this weekend. Unfortunately we have a very big to-do list...

Yesterday was the first day I did any real exercise since coming home. So at least I didn't wait 5 years.

• Like 2

Over the last few days I have been busy replanting part of my front garden that got a bad creeping weed infestation so I didn't need to go to the gym....and my hips yesterday told me I am getting old. That gardening included removing and then resetting the paving stones after scrubbing them in case of weed spores.

IMG_5492.thumb.jpeg.e6848197132c1f3b0ebea1c21a226d75.jpegIMG_5493.thumb.jpeg.b216d2c629aaeb8163c73279c76fbf76.jpeg 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Over the last few days I have been busy replanting part of my front garden that got a bad creeping weed infestation so I didn't need to go to the gym....and my hips yesterday told me I am getting old. That gardening included removing and then resetting the paving stones after scrubbing them in case of weed spores.

IMG_5492.thumb.jpeg.e6848197132c1f3b0ebea1c21a226d75.jpegIMG_5493.thumb.jpeg.b216d2c629aaeb8163c73279c76fbf76.jpeg 

WOW!  That looks beautiful!  Nicely done! 

On 11/30/2021 at 7:39 AM, Daveywavey70 said:

Q

When is a Q&A not a Q&A?

A

Similar question

When is a special offer not a special offer 

A

When they don’t actually send one out 

Has anyone received the promised special offer for attendees at the “not really a Q&A” session earlier this week? - nothing received here

1 minute ago, QueSeraSera said:

Indeed!

Raking oak leaves here, no glamour, has anyone ever used a leaf mulcher?

At one point we had a leaf blower/leaf vacuum mulcher.   Worked well until a stick was drawn up in the vacuum process and killed the machine.   I think the efficacy depends on the situation.   At one point we were bagging 40 bags from one monstrous tree.  Very happy to be an apartment dweller now! 😁

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Has anyone received the promised special offer for attendees at the “not really a Q&A” session earlier this week? - nothing received here

Nope.  Not a thing.  And, no one from CruiseCritic or Silversea takes any responsibility.

But, the 20% EBB went away as promised, resulting in another massive price increase in 2021.  

Funny how those things work.

• Haha 4

Well that’s it. After my India tour was cancelled, Antarctica didn’t work out. Peru/Machu Pichu/Amazon became too complicated, South Africa was red listed and Sri Lanka/Maldives became too complicated I’ve finally pushed the button on plan F. For somebody that hates beaches and doesn’t like sand, I’ve finally given in and conceded to suffer the nightmare of my life, a fortnight in the Caribbean. I Don’t suffer sunbeds gladly but the blow has been softened with  a zero single supplement on a Crystal cruise and a couple of nights at the Versace mansion, the first in Donatellas suite, the second in Giannis Master Suite. I’ve booked Virgin upper class flights but the connecting flights are Delta Comfort+. Will the Delta leg be a packed lunch in a cardboard box and overcrowded with people travelling with chickens in a cage or might I get a bit of a rest? 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I’ve booked Virgin upper class flights but the connecting flights are Delta Comfort+. Will the Delta leg be a packed lunch in a cardboard box and overcrowded with people travelling with chickens in a cage or might I get a bit of a rest? 

Damn, that's a complicated set of travel plans DW. Sorry you had to go so far through the alphabet to find something! But at least you won't have to call your trip the omicron variant... In the Greek alphabet you're only up to Zeta I think. 🙂

We fly Delta almost exclusively, but have not flown Comfort+ since the pandemic. I assume that your routing is London-NY on VA Upper Class, then NY-MIA or FLL on DL Comfort+? By the way we really enjoyed VA Upper Class when we flew that in 2018 to/from LHR. It was great. 

Suspect that DL Comfort+ won't be anything special, I'm afraid. The two times we flew DL after the pandemic, we were in F on fairly long cross-country flights, and the selection of "food" there was quite poor. They were rumored to be bringing back food to domestic flights slowly though, and our last domestic flight was June. But I would not expect much more than snacks for a NY-Florida flight. Maybe in F you'd get something more but doubtful in C+. They will have drinks at least but probably not more than one.

Anyway, enjoy your trip and looking forward to hearing about Crystal. Are you sure you don't want to go further north and meet us in Finland next month?

• Like 1

Daveywavey - I would imagine your internal flights are only about 3 hours?  Surely worth putting up with less than optimal conditions in order to get to your cruise?  I know you would prefer it not to be the Caribbean, and would agree, but just think of the lovely pampering, food and drinks organised by someone else!  I would give quite a lot to be able to join you, but alas no foreign travel for me for some time.

Got to be a great improvement on winter in the UK.

The Versace hotel sound like fun - we will look forward to hearing all about it in due course.

Lola

• Like 1