Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

12 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

JP

Thank you for your care of the vets.

Overall I am happy to do it. It's been a struggle for the past few years with staffing very low. Some days it is very difficult. 

10 minutes ago, mysty said:

Hopefully things will improve! 

Wednesday! Can't wait to be back on a SS cruise! 

6 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Difficult nights around us here tend to result in delivered pizza, my hat is off to you & Chris.

This meal takes about 15 minutes of work. Even today, I could handle that. Much more, and it would have been a challenge. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Man, you need snow.  I was hoping a lot more would be on the ground by now.  La Niña is clearly winning so far.

Actually, we had snow this week and except for the next day in the 50's it is cooler at night. You do know that we have snow machines 😉 I expect to be putting the turkey in the oven in two weeks and taking a few runs while it is cooking. 

Snow dances are welcome, so put on your dancing shoes 😉

• Like 2

Hi JP, thank you from me for all you do as well.🙂

Hope I am still welcome on here to post........I miss the comradery of everyone. 

Mysty, a belated Happy Birthday to you🙂

I got my booster back on Monday. No side effects, thankfully.

Hi Spins, see you shortly😀 in person!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We should be feeling warm weather here by now but instead we have 12C ( 54F) / feels like 6C (43F) and an inch of rain in the last few days.  Nearly blown away on our walk this morning, but grateful it didn’t rain.
Very glad we hadn’t booked on a Silversea cruise along the Australian coast for early next year as they have been cancelled.  No use bringing ships down if they can’t dock and take passengers, even if only Australian. Very disappointed for my friends booked on the Christmas cruise. 
I think it’s a Government reaction to the Princess ships with Covid spread early last year. 
I’m envious of everyone travelling to Europe and cruising.  We haven’t planned any overseas travel till Japan in 2023!  It seems so far off.  I have such itchy feet!! 🛩🛩🛩

It’s so nice to see all the jokes and food pictures, thanks everyone. Makes me feel better. 

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 11:15 AM, Stumblefoot said:

Man, you need snow.  I was hoping a lot more would be on the ground by now.  La Niña is clearly winning so far.

Well here in Tasmania we had snow down to 200 metres/660 feet on Monday just 2 weeks out from summer.

Coldest November night in 58 years.

So we leave on Wednesday night - that's tomorrow! Yikes. Feeling very NOT ready. We just packed our bags last night. Two rollaboards, as usual. I am bringing my tux and Chris has some nice dresses so we'll be able to dress up despite being carry-on only. Free laundry definitely helps with that!

I had to do a bit of last-minute laundry but our dryer has been on its last legs for the past month. Randomly not turning on, etc. It refused to start last night and still isn't starting this morning, so our last few items have been drying on the backs of our kitchen chairs.

Luckily we had anticipated this happening, and bought a new dryer last week. It's getting installed two days after we return home from the cruise. With the supply chain in total chaos, apparently electric dryers are pretty much unavailable. One of our friends told us that he has been waiting for months for a dryer, so that scared us into looking for one before this one gave up the ghost. Luckily we have a gas dryer so those are easier to find. 

• Like 4

Bon voyage JP!!!  Have a wonderful and relaxing time aboard, savor every moment. 

Hope your clothes dry before you have to pack them! I realize you can’t hang them outside, they will likely freeze!

Counting down 16 days for us. Since DH can’t wear trousers due to the foot/leg brace( he can only wear shorts lest anyone think he will be completely pant less) or shoes other than high tops, his suitcase may be a lot lighter. And we do not have to board an airplane, so no carry on but I still doubt  that we will be able to reach your level of smart packing.

I did find some very ancient Silversea luggage tags that were in an old travel folio!  I will use them and hope to avert and skip the chaos we experienced with the bags in Pireaus last June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

So we leave on Wednesday night - that's tomorrow! Yikes. Feeling very NOT ready. We just packed our bags last night. Two rollaboards, as usual. I am bringing my tux and Chris has some nice dresses so we'll be able to dress up despite being carry-on only. Free laundry definitely helps with that!

I had to do a bit of last-minute laundry but our dryer has been on its last legs for the past month. Randomly not turning on, etc. It refused to start last night and still isn't starting this morning, so our last few items have been drying on the backs of our kitchen chairs.

Luckily we had anticipated this happening, and bought a new dryer last week. It's getting installed two days after we return home from the cruise. With the supply chain in total chaos, apparently electric dryers are pretty much unavailable. One of our friends told us that he has been waiting for months for a dryer, so that scared us into looking for one before this one gave up the ghost. Luckily we have a gas dryer so those are easier to find. 

Hi JP, good morning, wishing you and Chris a wonderful cruise.  The Spirit is awesome and am sure you will have a blast.😀  If I can ask a favor,  if you see Yessi---(she is an International Hostess from Peru).......give her a BIG HELLO from me. She is the best and made my cruise an even better experience than usual.

Safe travels to you both🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1