Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Heading out to Black Tartan Kitchen tonight for a late seating NYE dinner.  Hoping to ring in 2022 with joy!

1585635030_NYE2021.JPG.bd3c2d9941add57395cd94bcbe85775b.JPG

Have a spectacular NYE all!  The wish for the Cooler folk will be part of the confetti in Times Square tonight!  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, silkismom said:

Our area of CO is fine for now, supposed to get snow today which is badly needed. Sunny and windy right now. Keep your **** cigarettes in the car everyone, only would take one for us to go up too!!

I hope you get the snow. Here is a pic out my dining room window. The snow outside the window is about 3 ft high. We have our snow removal guy shovel a path because our patio is so large and we are too cheap to heat it and we like to ski into our back door. We do heat the front driveway because if not we would be stranded hermits. 

Hope @Stumblefoot is OK?

FC35A320-4DE6-48F9-B26B-593D8103E881_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Hope @Stumblefoot is OK?

We are.  The fires were in the front range suburbs, about 30 to 45 minutes north/northeast of us here in the western Jefferson county forest.

Love the view outside your window.  We’re finally going to get a decent snow today/tonight.  Considering our biggest so far this season has been two inches, we’re a bit giddy by the possibility of 12”.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

We are.  The fires were in the front range suburbs, about 30 to 45 minutes north/northeast of us here in the western Jefferson county forest.

Love the view outside your window.  We’re finally going to get a decent snow today/tonight.  Considering our biggest so far this season has been two inches, we’re a bit giddy by the possibility of 12”.

6 hours ago, silkismom said:

Our area of CO is fine for now, supposed to get snow today which is badly needed. Sunny and windy right now. Keep your **** cigarettes in the car everyone, only would take one for us to go up too!!

Glad to hear you're all safe. We saw the film footage on the News here and it looked devastating. We are going up to have a New Years Day lunch on my sister's property that got partially destroyed by fires in February. She always had empathy for people during bush fire season but says she feels it more acutely now when she hears of fires happening elsewhere.

Truly Blonde, that is a gorgeous photo from your dining room.

Enjoy your snow everyone.

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy 2022. 
We have the hot weather in the east of the country now. 40C (104F) at present. 
My friend and I walked to the local cafe this morning around 8.30am with temperature around 28C but by the time we were on our way home it was so hot I rang my husband to pick us up. We haven’t had much hot weather this summer so very silly to be out walking. 
The photos of the snow look beautiful. I’m enjoying looking at them. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, jillyf said:

We have the hot weather in the east of the country now. 40C (104F) at present. 

We here in the West thought it would be selfish not to share the hot weather. After Monday it will be back here but thankfully only in the high 30'sC. 

• Like 1

For those Cooler denizens who enjoy food pics, here are our dishes from our dinner at Black Tartan Kitchen....

Duck Pâté.....

image8.jpg.c6a96aa5c0a156d8be1a83c9e7b89aed.jpg

Morel Mushroom Soup.....

image7.jpg.88ec9f1a94aaa102d95166a0ee4cab7c.jpg

Mini Tourtière ( Tourtière is a French Canadian meat pie dish originating from the province of Quebec, usually made with minced pork, veal or beef and potatoes.).....

image6.jpg.9ea79330a8384be916acc9c0da110ee8.jpg

Carrot and Mandarin Salad.....

image5.jpg.75a9891316b14623c82b3a5e25af0d26.jpg

Bison.....

image4.jpg.796bba8564870b19fbb56ee97cfeb58f.jpg

Candy Cane Sorbet.....

image2.jpg.17d1b03643d61164a4d71757b6ce4b8f.jpg

Yule Log.....

image0.jpg.60ee2bdff401f80b997206f527982779.jpg

It was delicious!

• Like 7

@mysty thanks for the pictures explaining your lovely New Year's Eve dinner.  I was able to guess most of the puns in the menu [full disclosure: I had to scroll back to find it, as short-term memory is ... what is short-term memory again?] BUT I didn't expect oranges with the carrots.  I was thinking cheese...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

@mysty thanks for the pictures explaining your lovely New Year's Eve dinner.  I was able to guess most of the puns in the menu [full disclosure: I had to scroll back to find it, as short-term memory is ... what is short-term memory again?] BUT I didn't expect oranges with the carrots.  I was thinking cheese...

Stocking's toes!  😁  We used to get an orange in the toe of our stocking as kids.