Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

The jacket enforcement in Atlantide is still going. I do note that most given a jacket immediately take it off when at the table and put it over their chair.

And surprisingly it is the older males playing up. One young couple on the previous segment who always wore jeans and t shirts are now abiding by the dress code and do look spiffy.

And sadly mostly Aussies being childish with a few Americans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drron29 said:

The jacket enforcement in Atlantide is still going. I do note that most given a jacket immediately take it off when at the table and put it over their chair.

For the men who must dine in Atlantide, what is so hard about keeping a jacket on for a 60 to 75 minute meal?  I mean, honestly, if you can't wear a jacket where and when it's required, go to another venue that doesn't require one.  There certainly are plenty of them on the Dawn.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lirio said:

winter time in Ipanema.....

best time to be in Rio is from fall, winter and spring. Not summer that is too hot, too humid, and full of people

20220828_104646.thumb.jpg.8eb19122d4d679bf07e96cccd54cd81a.jpg

Rio was one of our favorite places ever. We stayed at Copacabana Palace hotel and loved every moment. We were there in November.

Edited by TrulyBlonde
  • Like 3

Covid update for Segment 2 of our Med Voyage. Officially 1 positive case in a woman on Day 2 after boarding in Rome with a negative test 24 hours before boarding. She however did develop symptons on day 2 and tested positive. Quarantine for 5 days. Her partner remained negative.

But I suspect there were other cases. A week ago I sat behind a Gentleman who had a suspicious cough. He would remove his mask to cough!.

Today sitting in Dolce Vita his partner had the same sort of cough. Despite being surrounded by guesta awaiting departure she was not wearing a mask. We moved away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

I recently read this: " In Australia and New Zealand, people drink instant coffee 75% of the time."

Could this be true?

Que,  shameful admission.....I drink instant coffee all the time.   No patience for drip.  😁  Not sure about Australians or New Zealanders.   But I would support their choice! 😁

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

I recently read this: " In Australia and New Zealand, people drink instant coffee 75% of the time."

Could this be true?

It must be - I read it on the internet 😂😂😂🧐😉

https://coffeeaffection.com/australia-coffee-statistics/

Hard to believe given the number of coffee shops, carts and other outlets serving barista coffee - I guess it’s a generational thing and will evolve over time 

• Like 1

Instant coffee? Nespresso Dark Roast in this family. Order over the internet and you receive your pods. Plop a pod in the machine and there you go. Misty, what is your address, I will send you some. 😉 

In England do they do instant tea? I do not think so 😉  

Coffee...Italians do it best.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Instant coffee? Nespresso Dark Roast in this family. Order over the internet and you receive your pods. Plop a pod in the machine and there you go. Misty, what is your address, I will send you some. 😉 

In England do they do instant tea? I do not think so 😉  

Coffee...Italians do it best.

I do not drink coffee or tea, should I quit this "group"?

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Lirio said:

I do not drink coffee or tea, should I quit this "group"?

The price of admission to the Cooler is a sense of humour and  genteel courtesy.   No requirement to imbibe anything in particular.   🤣  You definitely qualify!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

At last we have something to disagree about.  The French do coffee best ... café au lait!  [subtly but noticeably better than latte]

I have always preferred French wine, Italian coffee, and the men from either country. Something about those accents 😉. Merci/Grazie

• Haha 4

How about a hot toddy? I had a couple of those on the cruise I am on as the ship has been freezing and I caught a mild cold. Anyway, the toddy seems to have helped😀 instead of whiskey I had brandy.

• Like 2