Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Glad you enjoyed it QSS. I’ll be making more as time permits.

Mr Luxury, at least never intentionally! A Couple of the Heritage hotels on my recent trip were an experience. Part of what I wanted to get from the trip was staying where possible in independent, locally owned Heritage properties that have had a really hard time more so than the big internationally owned Hotels. A Couple of them were incredible properties which were just deserted and obviously had been through tough times recently. I’d still rather stay in a crumbling palace in the middle of a lake with sketchy Wi-Fi and elusive hot water where the pigeons outnumber guests by 500 to 1 though. Actually……

On another note, I enjoyed the most fabulous dish last Friday, Patlıcan Söğürme. A Glorious concoction of Lamb, Aubergine, Tomatoes, Spices and Yoghurt. A Recipe online has evaded me so far, I think I’m going to have to email the hotel. Most recipes online for it are in Turkish and point to vegan🤢 versions. Anyone ever made it? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Mr Luxury, at least never intentionally! A Couple of the Heritage hotels on my recent trip were an experience. Part of what I wanted to get from the trip was staying where possible in independent, locally owned Heritage properties that have had a really hard time more so than the big internationally owned Hotels. A Couple of them were incredible properties which were just deserted and obviously had been through tough times recently. I’d still rather stay in a crumbling palace in the middle of a lake with sketchy Wi-Fi and elusive hot water where the pigeons outnumber guests by 500 to 1 though. Actually……

On another note, I enjoyed the most fabulous dish last Friday, Patlıcan Söğürme. A Glorious concoction of Lamb, Aubergine, Tomatoes, Spices and Yoghurt. A Recipe online has evaded me so far, I think I’m going to have to email the hotel. Most recipes online for it are in Turkish and point to vegan🤢 versions. Anyone ever made it? 

Well done for adopting that stance on Hotels.

I had a good breakfast at Claridges this morning and couldn't face the Strand Palace 😃

I think your osh bosh kibosh is available at the shish grill in Meopham.😁

17 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Well done for adopting that stance on Hotels.

I had a good breakfast at Claridges this morning and couldn't face the Strand Palace 😃

I think your osh bosh kibosh is available at the shish grill in Meopham.😁

How’s she looking since the refurb?

Whilst I wouldn’t mind popping back to Dubai for a plate full I think Meopham might be pushing my limits!

Just now, Daveywavey70 said:

How’s she looking since the refurb?

Whilst I wouldn’t mind popping back to Dubai for a plate full I think Meopham might be pushing my limits!

The hotel is wonderful after having an absolute fortune spent on her.

They now have a great spa and gym with an underground swimming pool.

Head Chef Martin is now at the Dorchester but food is good.

Paul Jackson the GM is doing an excellent job.

I hover between there and the Goring 😁

The Audley pub is open again and has a wonderful restaurant and private dining rooms above.

The mount street restaurant it is called.

Have a look and the artworks are great too.

It's going to get BRRRRRRR here...  These temps are in C.....

Extreme Cold Warning

Issued at 11:07 Thursday 02 February 2023

Blast of cold Arctic air reaches southern Ontario later tonight.

Hazard:
Wind chill values of minus 40 to minus 45.

Timing:
Tonight into Friday morning and again Friday night into Saturday morning.

Discussion:
In the wake of a strong cold front, wind chills are expected to reach minus 40 to minus 45 tonight into early Friday morning. After moderating during the day Friday, wind chills are again forecast to reach near minus 40 Friday night into Saturday morning.

###

Extreme cold puts everyone at risk.

Risks are greater for young children, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, people working or exercising outdoors, and those without proper shelter.

Extreme cold warnings are issued when very cold temperatures or wind chill creates an elevated risk to health such as frost bite and hypothermia.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 5:28 AM, Daveywavey70 said:

Hi Davey, I have never heard of this dish, but it sounds delicious. I love lamb and eggplant too.

20 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

M, at minus 40 it doesn't matter... As you know, -40 F and C are the same!

Reminds me of a February trip to Québec a few years ago. We were outside touring the fort in those temps!

Indeed!  At those temps I can freeze in both F and C! 🥶🥶🥶  Bi-temp! 

• Haha 1

We are having a 3 day weekend in Sydney this weekend. JP would be proud. Got on the plane this morning with 1 carry on weighing 7 kg( 14.5lb) for the 2 of us.

Mind you we don’t have to pack for -40C weather. Don’t need as much for 30C weather.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, drron29 said:

We are having a 3 day weekend in Sydney this weekend. JP would be proud. Got on the plane this morning with 1 carry on weighing 7 kg( 14.5lb) for the 2 of us.

Mind you we don’t have to pack for -40C weather. Don’t need as much for 30C weather.

You could have got that carry on down to 5kg surely

• Haha 2

Sorry to interrupt the great funnies, wonderful videos from India, etc.  WOW that is cold in Canada!!

We are getting serious cold in Ohio today, but not as challenged as in Canada and what is coming to the NE USA.  Yesterday was very sunny in our area.  Below is a picture I captured of a super nice deer buck with an amazing rack in our backyard ravine area.  This wildlife creature was very relaxed and enjoying the sunshine day.  Did not do this pix with my cell phone.  Used my Nikon camera with a longer lens in order to be close enough without scaring him away.  Like?  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.thumb.jpeg.42fa2681cb7b62b8e165556212747303.jpeg

• Like 16