When are Move Up offers sent out?

jsf

You have an intriguing way with words.... Figured out most, but what does FOMO mean? Is it anything like ROOTING in Australia?

Google is your friend. FOMO = Fear of missing out

noun informal

• anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.

New to me too!

haha well CLOGS and CAROLE.... you don't understand. FOMO is my driving force lately! At least since the advent of Move-up!

Whatever and whenever the outcome I WILL be back to let everyone know. I keep reminding myself... WORST CASE SCENARIO! I'm cruising. On Celebrity. With one of my very best friends. In a Royal Suite. SO this goes beyond first world problems I guess.

Just got our 3rd Move Up email for our cruise in 1 week. First email was At 21 days pre cruise . No suites have been available for about 6 weeks, so the likelihood of a last minute cancellation is slim and the odds of having the ‘winning” bid is even less. But should that happen a who,e lot of people are waiting anxiously to be upgraded.

LUV IT! most of the (decent) excitement verbs in one sentence! Hope the PH goes to you...simply on your exuberance and verve. My chuckle for the day.

Carole

I hope she gets it too. I have been a fan of bighairtexan and her great sense of humor ever since the time she told us why her screen name is bighairtexan. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

• 2 weeks later...
haha well CLOGS and CAROLE.... you don't understand. FOMO is my driving force lately! At least since the advent of Move-up!

Whatever and whenever the outcome I WILL be back to let everyone know. I keep reminding myself... WORST CASE SCENARIO! I'm cruising. On Celebrity. With one of my very best friends. In a Royal Suite. SO this goes beyond first world problems I guess.

Sure wish I was on your Cruise. But as you said, You're Cruising. On Celebrity! So far, so good.

However I too have been taken aback by the recent developments of the Move Up program... and emailed them my thoughts, FYI, no response; and this probably torpedoed any chance I may have had... but I got to vent.:D

Good Morning Celebrity MoveUp Team,

I realize the Celebrity MoveUp program is new, and may have some issues-- which is the purpose of this email. To help you, help me and improvethe program in general.

First I must say, I love the concept but also realize this may be considered a'Long Shot' to actually be assigned a MoveUp offer.

What is my concern is, is the pricing and the slider price ranges andwhat's visible each time. I suspect how the program was initiallyactivated for me, also caused me to miss out with minimal chances of a MoveUpassignment.

When I initially received the MoveUp email, July 25th, I replied withinminutes, very excited to be offered the opportunity to MoveUp! I wasoffered six upgrade categories.

The three I had High interest were Royal Suite, Sky Suite and Celebrity Suite. Iwas surprised to see that the offer 'slider' only went as high as $500 / pp forall three categories, and it said my offer was Very Strong! So I waited,hoping for the best.

Then on August 18th, I decided to click the Moveup offer link again. Image my surprise to see that now the offer slider went considerably higher,into the $5,000 / pp range. My original $500 offer was so minuscule, itwasn't even registering for the Royal Suite (understandable). Yes, Iincreased some of my bids, but now realize my chances are weak at best becauseyou've probably assigned many cabins based on the original MoveUp offerreceived, way higher than mine -- so depending on what a user may or may nothave seen, that could be the root cause of why some offers appear so low to noteven appear.

For the future, moving forward, please be sure the potential price slider isproperly calibrated to allow each user to better decide the range of the offerthey wish to make at the time the original offer email goes out. The Offer rangeof $500 did seem unusually low, but again with the MoveUp program being so new,I had no idea how it worked. I'm learning....

Sincerely,

Oh, side note.... no proof, but I've 'heard' that the Move Up program is managed by an independent, outside firm..

Good letter Crusin' till I'm Dead. And I had no idea about the re-bid procedure you mentioned.

I had no idea of the changes in the slider as time went on and how a once strong bid is now weak and that the upper limits changed.

I made my bid as soon as I got the letter, and didn't look back so was unaware. So what you're saying is: my previously "WEAK" bid is now probably a "SERIOUSLY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME" bid! :D

I'm 9 days out and none of us on the R/C have heard (though I fully expected the 72 hours pre-sail point to be when we heard so this is not surprising).

I got my shore side concierge pre-cruise call and it APPEARS that the PH (the only thing I bid on) was actually booked a week or so ago, so IMHO everyone who bid on the PH COULD at this point be notified "thanks but no thanks" except perhaps the top couple of bid just in case there's an extremely rare event that someone in the PH couldn't cruise at the VERY last minute.

So while I know that the move-up is 99.9999% for Celebrity to maximize revenue, I also feel waiting until the 11th hour is unnecessary, but then again Celebrity didn't ask me.

While I'd bet the farm that the PH is GONE, I'll still come back and let people know what happened in general on our r/c which has a few people who mentioned bidding on various categories.

I was the recipient of a MoveUP offer that was successful on the August 6th Eclipse cruise. Some data points:

1. I received the original email about 3 weeks pre-cruise. I made offers in all suite categories (Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite), but none of the non-suite categories. I was booked in a a "hump" balcony cabin. My offers were on the weak side. No inventory was showing in any of the suite categories.

2. About 12 days pre-cruise, a single Sky Suite appeared in inventory for sale. It was an aft corner. I revisited my offers, and pushed up the Sky Suite bid to the middle of the range, more or less. The available Sky Suite disappeared from online inventory about 8 or 9 days out.

3. Seven days before the cruise, my Celebrity and Royal Suite offers were declined by email. About an hour later, I was notified by my credit card company that I had been billed for the amount I had bid for the Sky Suite upgrade. An hour or so after that, I was advised by email that my Sky Suite offer was accepted, and I was assigned the same Suite that had been available in inventory until a few days prior. I believe it was a cancellation, because when we boarded there was a single piece of "mail" for a person under another name.

4. It took about two hours online before the new cabin showed up in our reservation.

A bit OT, I have to say that the suite experience was amazing, and made the cruise for us. It took it to a whole new level. We decided we would rather cruise a little less often with this level of comfort and service.

I was the recipient of a MoveUP offer that was successful on the August 6th Eclipse cruise. Some data points:

1. I received the original email about 3 weeks pre-cruise. I made offers in all suite categories (Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite), but none of the non-suite categories. I was booked in a a "hump" balcony cabin. My offers were on the weak side. No inventory was showing in any of the suite categories.

2. About 12 days pre-cruise, a single Sky Suite appeared in inventory for sale. It was an aft corner. I revisited my offers, and pushed up the Sky Suite bid to the middle of the range, more or less. The available Sky Suite disappeared from online inventory about 8 or 9 days out.

3. Seven days before the cruise, my Celebrity and Royal Suite offers were declined by email. About an hour later, I was notified by my credit card company that I had been billed for the amount I had bid for the Sky Suite upgrade. An hour or so after that, I was advised by email that my Sky Suite offer was accepted, and I was assigned the same Suite that had been available in inventory until a few days prior. I believe it was a cancellation, because when we boarded there was a single piece of "mail" for a person under another name.

4. It took about two hours online before the new cabin showed up in our reservation.

A bit OT, I have to say that the suite experience was amazing, and made the cruise for us. It took it to a whole new level. We decided we would rather cruise a little less often with this level of comfort and service.

Glad you got it and enjoyed it at a price, I hope, that was under what it would have cost more recently. I'm still a Regent fan but DW and I have five X cruises lined up and we're considering another while on the Equinox next week. But this time we might go for an SV with a dining package, as the S1s are now so expensive. If I have to pay that much, Oceania and Regent are in play. Thanks for the timeline.

I personally used it and it worked. I’ve sent it to quite a few people and it’s worked fine. One friend in Holland tried and it didn’t work as did a friend in the UK. There is no list that you need to be on.

If I use the link provided in the post above it works for my upcoming cruise and gives me move up options in US $.

However if I go to the Celebrity website (defaults to Canadian version), and navigate to the move-up link it doesn't work.

I received the move up email a few weeks back and the link provided gave the move up options in Canadian $.

If booked through travel agent, anyone get a move up offer to bid on? Thanks.

We booked with TA, doesn't receive the Bid email for Oct/7 Summit, several RC members received it. I think the TA does not write the customer email in the booking. I open a booking, in the booking data my email is empty no way to insert it.

I booked through a TA. I got the Move UP offer and it came DIRECTLY from Celebrity Move Up.

I even called my TA assuming I'd have to do it through them and though they were completely aware of what it was, they said I would be able to do it on my own and would walk me through it if needed (it wasn't needed).

I booked through a TA. I got the Move UP offer and it came DIRECTLY from Celebrity Move Up.

I even called my TA assuming I'd have to do it through them and though they were completely aware of what it was, they said I would be able to do it on my own and would walk me through it if needed (it wasn't needed).

Same here for our 9/9 departure on the Summit.

I embark the Infinity on 09 October 2018 and received my first MoveUp email on Monday (27 August 2018). I'm currently in a C2. The minimum bid (x2 for double occupancy) is listed below with each category:

Aqua - $150 / per person

Sky Suite - $900 / per person

Celebrity Suite - $1400 / per person

Royal Suite - $1900 / per person

If I were booking today (after final payment) with a NY state residency rate, I could have an A1 category room for less than I am paying on my C2 that was booked 1.5 years ago. Given the wide selection of available rooms, I would have been very happy to have gotten Aqua accommodations and a very desirable room to boot.

I am choosing not to attempt a MoveUP bid as I don't want to be disappointed about getting an Aqua room number that I would not be happy with.

EDIT: Just to be clear, if you look at the Celebrity website, look up my itinerary, and see what stateroom types are available, it currently lists all Suites as "sold out".

Edited by vulcan1971

This was exactly my experience when I spoke to my travel agent yesterday. The email I received was from Celebrity and sent directly to me and copied my agencies general email inbox.

Sure wish I was on your Cruise. But as you said' date=' You're Cruising. On Celebrity! So far, so good.

However I too have been taken aback by the recent developments of the Move Up program... and emailed them my thoughts, FYI, no response; and this probably torpedoed any chance I may have had... but I got to vent.:D

[i']Good Morning Celebrity MoveUp Team,[/i]

I realize the Celebrity MoveUp program is new, and may have some issues-- which is the purpose of this email. To help you, help me and improvethe program in general.

First I must say, I love the concept but also realize this may be considered a'Long Shot' to actually be assigned a MoveUp offer.

What is my concern is, is the pricing and the slider price ranges andwhat's visible each time. I suspect how the program was initiallyactivated for me, also caused me to miss out with minimal chances of a MoveUpassignment.

When I initially received the MoveUp email, July 25th, I replied withinminutes, very excited to be offered the opportunity to MoveUp! I wasoffered six upgrade categories.

The three I had High interest were Royal Suite, Sky Suite and Celebrity Suite. Iwas surprised to see that the offer 'slider' only went as high as $500 / pp forall three categories, and it said my offer was Very Strong! So I waited,hoping for the best.

Then on August 18th, I decided to click the Moveup offer link again. Image my surprise to see that now the offer slider went considerably higher,into the $5,000 / pp range. My original $500 offer was so minuscule, itwasn't even registering for the Royal Suite (understandable). Yes, Iincreased some of my bids, but now realize my chances are weak at best becauseyou've probably assigned many cabins based on the original MoveUp offerreceived, way higher than mine -- so depending on what a user may or may nothave seen, that could be the root cause of why some offers appear so low to noteven appear.

For the future, moving forward, please be sure the potential price slider isproperly calibrated to allow each user to better decide the range of the offerthey wish to make at the time the original offer email goes out. The Offer rangeof $500 did seem unusually low, but again with the MoveUp program being so new,I had no idea how it worked. I'm learning....

Sincerely,

Oh, side note.... no proof, but I've 'heard' that the Move Up program is managed by an independent, outside firm..

Good letter Crusin' till I'm Dead. And I had no idea about the re-bid procedure you mentioned.

I had no idea of the changes in the slider as time went on and how a once strong bid is now weak and that the upper limits changed.

I made my bid as soon as I got the letter, and didn't look back so was unaware. So what you're saying is: my previously "WEAK" bid is now probably a "SERIOUSLY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME" bid! :D

I'm 9 days out and none of us on the R/C have heard (though I fully expected the 72 hours pre-sail point to be when we heard so this is not surprising).

I got my shore side concierge pre-cruise call and it APPEARS that the PH (the only thing I bid on) was actually booked a week or so ago, so IMHO everyone who bid on the PH COULD at this point be notified "thanks but no thanks" except perhaps the top couple of bid just in case there's an extremely rare event that someone in the PH couldn't cruise at the VERY last minute.

So while I know that the move-up is 99.9999% for Celebrity to maximize revenue, I also feel waiting until the 11th hour is unnecessary, but then again Celebrity didn't ask me.

While I'd bet the farm that the PH is GONE, I'll still come back and let people know what happened in general on our r/c which has a few people who mentioned bidding on various categories.

You might be correct, but I am not yet convinced that scale range or relative strength is variable. I will report back for my cruise when the bidding is finalized.

I have to believe the initial $500 strong bid for a Royal Suite must have been an error especially since it was the same for the Sky Suite and Celebrity Suite. It is certainly unfortunate and upsetting for you even if it is just an error.

It would be interesting to see if the upper limit continues to increase. Like you both are suggesting.

A bid for a Royal Suite from someone that paid for a regular balcony and a bid for someone that paid for a Sky Suite cannot really be compared strictly based on the $ amount of the bid. The bids for the category vacated are probably considered.

I would think the evaluation and selection process is completed by a person as it complicated.