3 for Free Details - September 6 - November 19

Coral

Coral

Maybe you can answer a question for us--basically, we're not sure how 3ff would work for our situation.

The details: we are booked on CB in Feb 2020, in C753 on Caribe Deck. It is a category B4 cabin. We had to book this early to get that aft view cabin. We do have S&S right now and I think it will work nicely for this 14-day cruise, but it is not an absolute requirement. We are getting OBC from our TA (big box warehouse HQ'd in the Pacific Southwest), and some from Princess which will basically cover grats.

My question--if we switch to 3ff, what is our balcony upgrade? To a B2 but no higher? And would that allow us to keep an aft view cabin? I know it all depends on availability, but the only cabins that I can see that are aft facing are suites (I think). That is too much of an upgrade, correct? :D

DH doesn't want to give up the aft cabin unless he gets a "better" one.

Thanks for any help

ML

It's not really a balcony upgrade.

Basically it just means you pay for a category that is one lower than the one you book.

So if you have a B4 booked I think one lower is BB (not sure on this one). So your rate would be based on the BB rate.

That is a GREAT cabin and I'd be VERY careful when checking out the new program that the TA doesn't cancel your cabin while they are checking.

It's not really a balcony upgrade.

Basically it just means you pay for a category that is one lower than the one you book.

So if you have a B4 booked I think one lower is BB (not sure on this one). So your rate would be based on the BB rate.

That is a GREAT cabin and I'd be VERY careful when checking out the new program that the TA doesn't cancel your cabin while they are checking.

Based on the terms & conditions we don’t pay for a category that is one lower than the one we book.

FREE Stateroom Location Upgrade applies to booking the stateroom location you wish to sail in for the price of the lowest category within that stateroom type during this promotion only. Offer is based on availability in like to like stateroom types (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview, Balcony to Balcony). Upgrade offer excludes select categories, including but not limited to premium categories and suites. Offer does not apply to land portion of a cruisetour.

Basically we pay the lowest fare by type of cabin & can get the highest category available by type of cabin. Thus all categories have one price except for those excluded in the T&C: “excludes select categories, including but not limited to premium categories and suites”.

From experience I know that statement applies & even when immediately booking when 3FF began our top category of interior cabin was more than all of the other categories of interior cabins which all had the same price.

I was wanting to book a 'premium balcony' category (Caribe deck with the large balconies) with the 3 for free but I'm reading the promo as that category is excluded, am I correct? So even if we don't get a balcony upgrade, could we still use the free grats and OBC if we went ahead and booked for a cruise in 2020? I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to wait for another promo, like the $1000 OBC we got for our 2019 cruise. Thoughts?

I was wanting to book a 'premium balcony' category (Caribe deck with the large balconies) with the 3 for free but I'm reading the promo as that category is excluded, am I correct? So even if we don't get a balcony upgrade, could we still use the free grats and OBC if we went ahead and booked for a cruise in 2020? I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to wait for another promo, like the $1000 OBC we got for our 2019 cruise. Thoughts?

Based on the T&C statement premium categories are excluded from the free location upgrade but are not excluded for tips & OBC.

We paid slightly more for a top category of interior cabin so we didn’t receive a location upgrade but we did receive the free tips & OBC.

Whether it’s worthwhile to you or not no one can say. It’s a 10% refundable deposit which would work for me because for my bookings the 3FF has provided my lowest net price for my cruises. :)

Thanks once again, Astro Flyer for your advice. I think I'll contact my Princess consultant on Tuesday to go ahead and put a deposit down so we get the exact cabin we want, especially since the deposit is refundable if we need to change things in the future.

Thanks once again, Astro Flyer for your advice. I think I'll contact my Princess consultant on Tuesday to go ahead and put a deposit down so we get the exact cabin we want, especially since the deposit is refundable if we need to change things in the future.

You’re welcome but wouldn’t contact your consultant until Thursday when 3FF begins. ;)

The S N S promo does not appeal to us at all.....one pina colada a day is about all we do otherwise we're iced tea and lemonade drinkers. Thanks for asking though. And yeah, I'll wait till Sept 6 to call Princess. I was thinking the promo started on the 4th.

I am a fan of aft balconies also. They will only move you to the top balcony category - I am guessing you can stay where you are and switch promos if you want.

The big issue is your TA is an order taker. I have heard very mixed comments about their "service" in helping people.

For me, I would rather have money off the booking as my agent discounts (not OBC like your agent gives) and then free gratuities and OBC with what 3-for free comes with. Everyone is different - I would not benefit for Sip and Sail.

Every situation is different. I would keep the aft cabin.

Thanks Coral, very helpful. I will check with the TA and see what 3FF looks like; right now we are very happy with the cabin, our OBC, and the S&S but we'll see if 3FF is a better deal for us. I doubt we will be switching cabins :D

We have used this TA many times and have had excellent service but they do have a bit of an order taker approach. It is a little clunky because when you call, they call the cruise line but it goes fast and you get immediate confirmation of any changes. They occasionally have great group rates--we got one on our cruise around NZ last year. I haven't found any better deals, so this works for us.

BTW, anyone can use their web site to find cruises and see their costs. I find this works a lot better than going to some of the cruiseline sites. And, they can get any cabin that is still available, even if it doesn't show in their inventory.

They are definitely not for everyone but it works for us. And their credit card gives a lot back on all travel purchases, with no foreign transaction fees.

Thanks again for your help.

ML

Am I correct in thinking that the SipnSail promo has a non- refundable deposit,or was that the Sun Drenched Deals Promo offering 40%off of cruise fairs ?

We looked into booking a cruise for February a few weeks ago and whatever promo was attached to that cruise had a non-refundable deposit.

Now, we are waiting to book on Sept.6 as I think the 3for free promo features a refundable deposit.

A bit confusing it seems to me.

OH Man, so disappointed!! I have been waiting for the 3 for Free promo and it doesn't include our Caribbean Feb 2109 cruise! I thought for sure this would be for spring 2019.

What promo is coming up that might include a spring 2019 cruise? I have been looking for a nice promo package but the sip and sail doesn't fit us since we are non drinkers.

thanks, Kaye

Am I correct in thinking that the SipnSail promo has a non- refundable deposit,or was that the Sun Drenched Deals Promo offering 40%off of cruise fairs ?

We looked into booking a cruise for February a few weeks ago and whatever promo was attached to that cruise had a non-refundable deposit.

Now, we are waiting to book on Sept.6 as I think the 3for free promo features a refundable deposit.

A bit confusing it seems to me.

Recent offers have a 10% deposit: Sun Drenched: non-refundable; S+S and 3 FF: refundable

OH Man, so disappointed!! I have been waiting for the 3 for Free promo and it doesn't include our Caribbean Feb 2109 cruise! I thought for sure this would be for spring 2019.

What promo is coming up that might include a spring 2019 cruise? I have been looking for a nice promo package but the sip and sail doesn't fit us since we are non drinkers.

thanks, Kaye

Last year included cruises from Summer 2018 to Spring 2019 and the upcoming version is for Summer 2019 to Spring 2020 which is shown in the first post of this thread. S+S is valid on the same dates & thus isn’t available on your Spring 2019 cruise.

Sun Drenched Deals are on select Fall 2018 to Spring 2019 cruises”.

https://book.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/sun-drenched-deals/

Edited by Astro Flyer

Princess offers it as last minute deals in April or later after the season starts.

You won't see it when you book a year in advance (for Alaska). They offer Caribbean cruises far in advance and other places.

Thanks, Coral.

Thank you, Astro Flyer for clarifying the two current promos.

Not certain what we are planning.

Now looking at an Oct 2019 New England -Canada cruise that disembarks in Quebec.

Will check pricing etc. on September 6. Hoping the 3FF promo shows good pricing.

You’re welcome & hope you’ll find a great cruise with a good net price.

We enjoyed a Quebec to Ft Lauderdale 10-day cruise & greatly enjoyed a pre-cruise visit to the beautiful city of Quebec & it’s surrounding area.

We booked a 3 for free cruise in the past and simply had out TA place a No Upgrade tag on paperwork, We happily accepted our free gratuities and the free specialty dinner. No problem at all, We had picked a cabin we liked and weren't anxious to give it up.

I understand what you are saying....I just don't know how do you get them to book the (B2B 7 days) as I 14-day cruise...no one cruise line has ever given me this option nor have they booked my cruises this way. Is this something I have to ask for???

Often a B2B can be booked either way. When searching for your cruise, look for multiple choices starting on the same day for the same ship.

This is often available when the two itineraries are different. Examples would be a eastern Caribbean followed by a western Caribbean or a Trans-Atlantic followed by the European itinerary that is the next cruise.

I went to the Princess web site and searched for Trans-Atlantic cruises next spring. Among the cruises found:

15 day Regal Princess Trans-Atlantic and 26 day Regal Princess T-A and Russia

15 day Emerald Princess T-A and 22 day Emerald Princess T-A and Med cruise

We paid slightly more for a top category of interior cabin so we didn’t receive a location upgrade but we did receive the free tips & OBC.

The way 3FF works is that you can book the top category of interior cabin at the price of the lowest interior cabin. In other words, all interior cabins are at the same price. At least this is the way it worked the last two years.

So if you already have a booking (such as S&S) and want to switch to 3FF, you can get re-fared to the lower cost of the lowest interior cabin but keep the interior cabin you already have.

Edited by caribill

The way 3FF works is that you can book the top category of interior cabin at the price of the lowest interior cabin. In other words, all interior cabins are at the same price. At least this is the way it worked the last two years.

So if you already have a booking (such as S&S) and want to switch to 3FF, you can get re-fared to the lower cost of the lowest interior cabin but keep the interior cabin you already have.

I too have used 3FF numerous times so I am aware of the way it works. As I previously posted our top level interior cabin cost more than the one price for all of the other interior cabins.

We have previously re-fared to 3FF several times because the sale prices were the same & the tip & OBC were added. For a Fall 2019 cruise the current price has increased more than the benefits we would receive. Once the 3FF prices are released we can confirm that it won’t lower our net price for our cruise which already has limited availability.

Does anyone know if the Regal has the two bedroom family suite? And if so, am I reading the fine print correctly in that the family suite would be a premium cabin not eligible for the category upgrade part of the 3 for free sale - so if they did have a family suite on the Regal and we booked we would only get the two other items- OBC and gratuities paid- for all people booked in this room?

Thanks!

Often a B2B can be booked either way. When searching for your cruise, look for multiple choices starting on the same day for the same ship.

This is often available when the two itineraries are different. Examples would be a eastern Caribbean followed by a western Caribbean or a Trans-Atlantic followed by the European itinerary that is the next cruise.

I went to the Princess web site and searched for Trans-Atlantic cruises next spring. Among the cruises found:

15 day Regal Princess Trans-Atlantic and 26 day Regal Princess T-A and Russia

15 day Emerald Princess T-A and 22 day Emerald Princess T-A and Med cruise

Exactly. We're booked on a cruise next November that can be booked various ways. We booked the 14 day Spanish Passage from Barcelona to FLL. After that the ship continues on through the canal on a separate 15 day Panama Canal - Ocean to Ocean cruise. You can book the two cruises under a single booking number as a 29 Spanish Passage and Panama Canal Adventure.

I think we are likely screwed. We didn't book the S&S because the price of the cabin went up by $1,000 so it wasn't worth re-faring. I actually downgraded to a Premium Ocean View at that point. I was hoping that, since I booked that cabin at the new higher pricing, it would be eligible for the 3FF but I just checked cabin prices and they have gone up a bunch. The cheapest Ocean View is about $1,000 more that I paid for the Premium Ocean View. Mind boggling. Unless they drop the price dramatically (yeah, right) there's no way I can get the 3FF. It's frustrating because the cruise has absolutely zero perks as it stands and my OBC won't even cover the gratuities. POOP!!! (Yeah, I know. Wah,, wah, wah...:loudcry:)