3 for Free Details - September 6 - November 19

Coral

First' date=' you check cabin prices and make sure that the cruise fares for the two offers are comparable. Sometimes Princess changes the fares when they change the perks. If, after evaluating both deals, she still wants to move to the "3 for free" and didn't use a travel agent for the original booking, I'd call Princess. That gives me a chance to ask any questions and be sure I'm fully understanding what I'm getting. You can probably do it on line, but I feel better talking to a real person and then verifying what I'm seeing by going to the personalizer.

You learn things by talking to reps....like HA cabins don't qualify for location upgrades. (yeah, we did this offer a couple years ago).

But I would be dealing with a travel agent--that way I'd get whatever perks the agent was offering (better price, OBC, etc) in addition to whatever Princess is offering.[/quote']

Thank you. Unfortunately we didn’t book through a TA, just did it Online. The only other big cruise we took I did book through a TA, and it was not a good experience. Decided just to go it alone this time. I will have her call Princess directly. Thanks again.

I see every odd numbered 2020 Sky Princess cruise is listed but not any even numbered cruise. I guess this is done so you can't get it with both cruise on a b2b or a combine 14 day cruise.

May be because one itinerary needs the help of a Sale at this time to book up?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had the option to book under the "sun drenched deal" promo for our April 6 2019 cruise but since it was a non-refundable deal and we've got some tricky health issues with our moms, declined the special and booked as a regular cruise. Right now I'm hoping the 3FF offer will apply to this sailing - it would be great to get some perks with this. It's our retirement cruise though. so that's a big perk right there! :cool:

Well, the dominoes are falling in place for us. The last (hopefully) question will be what the cabin fare will be. Our current booking has that Huge OBC deal. This one has some (and gratuities), but will cabin fare be low enough to justify the switch? We'll know soon. Here's hoping.

Thanks for the links to the info!

For this promo, B2B is still considered two individual cruises ---- correct??

Clarification -- I meant for OBC.

It depends how you book. If you book two 7-day cruises as separate bookings, then you receive the OBC advertised for each 7-day cruise added together. If you book them as a single 14-day booking, then you receive the OBC advertised for a 14-day cruise.

This is one reason I always look at the cruise both ways. For example, a 14-day cruise is worth $250 for veterans and $250 for shareholder compared to a total of $200 for veterans and $200 for shareholder for two 7-day cruises. On the other hand, two 7-day cruises are worth twice as much loyalty OBC as a single 14-day cruise.

It would work the same for a promo. Sometimes the OBC for a single 14-day cruise is more than double the OBC for a 7-day cruise - and sometimes it isn't. Look at the cruise fare and all the OBC you are entitled to - not just that from the promo.

It depends how you book. If you book two 7-day cruises as separate bookings, then you receive the OBC advertised for each 7-day cruise added together. If you book them as a single 14-day booking, then you receive the OBC advertised for a 14-day cruise.

This is one reason I always look at the cruise both ways. For example, a 14-day cruise is worth $250 for veterans and $250 for shareholder compared to a total of $200 for veterans and $200 for shareholder for two 7-day cruises. On the other hand, two 7-day cruises are worth twice as much loyalty OBC as a single 14-day cruise.

It would work the same for a promo. Sometimes the OBC for a single 14-day cruise is more than double the OBC for a 7-day cruise - and sometimes it isn't. Look at the cruise fare and all the OBC you are entitled to - not just that from the promo.

Princess did not give us an option to combine the B2B under one number; they assigned us two booking numbers. In fact, we have been booking B2B to Alaska for many years with various lines, as well as Princess and have never been given the option to book under one number.

They told me I would have to re-fare as the cost of the balcony was $500 per person more than when I booked. If I could have just added the S&S I would have been ecstatic.

I meant to say I didn't take the S&S promo - I wasn't interested. I am interested in 3 For Free.

Yes - it would have to be re-fared for each promo.

Princess did not give us an option to combine the B2B under one number; they assigned us two booking numbers. In fact, we have been booking B2B to Alaska for many years with various lines, as well as Princess and have never been given the option to book under one number.

Often in the spring and into the Alaska season, they often combine it into one to sell cruises (cheaper). It never starts that way in the beginning (it seems).

Navy Veteran, you stated:

"This is one reason I always look at the cruise both ways. For example, a 14-day cruise is worth $250 for veterans and $250 for shareholder compared to a total of $200 for veterans and $200 for shareholder for two 7-day cruises. On the other hand, two 7-day cruises are worth twice as much loyalty OBC as a single 14-day cruise."

I don't understand what you are saying here. A 14 day cruise is worth $250 for veteran OBC and $250 shareholder OBC for a total of $500.

A 7 day cruises is worth $100 for veteran OBC and $100 shareholder OBC each for a total of $400.

So I do not see where two 7 day cruises are worth twice as much OBC.

Navy Veteran, you stated:

"This is one reason I always look at the cruise both ways. For example, a 14-day cruise is worth $250 for veterans and $250 for shareholder compared to a total of $200 for veterans and $200 for shareholder for two 7-day cruises. On the other hand, two 7-day cruises are worth twice as much loyalty OBC as a single 14-day cruise."

I don't understand what you are saying here. A 14 day cruise is worth $250 for veteran OBC and $250 shareholder OBC for a total of $500.

A 7 day cruises is worth $100 for veteran OBC and $100 shareholder OBC each for a total of $400.

The key word here is loyalty OBC. Something that doesn't affect me and never will.

For this promo, B2B is still considered two individual cruises ---- correct??

Clarification -- I meant for OBC.

If booked as a single cruise, the OBC associated with 3-For-Free will be based on the total number of days in the two segments. If booked as two cruises, the OBC will be based on the length of the individual segments.

Same for the OBC you get if you are using FCD(s) for the booking.

Each 7 day cruise is worth $100 for Veteran and $100 for shareholder OBC for $200 each segment. So for two 7-day segments, the total is 2 x $200 = $400.

However, this is less than the $500 OBC you would get if booked as a single 14-day cruise.

If booked as a single cruise, the OBC associated with 3-For-Free will be based on the total number of days in the two segments. If booked as two cruises, the OBC will be based on the length of the individual segments.

Same for the OBC you get if you are using FCD(s) for the booking.

I understand what you are saying....I just don't know how do you get them to book the (B2B 7 days) as I 14-day cruise...no one cruise line has ever given me this option nor have they booked my cruises this way. Is this something I have to ask for???

I understand what you are saying....I just don't know how do you get them to book the (B2B 7 days) as I 14-day cruise...no one cruise line has ever given me this option nor have they booked my cruises this way. Is this something I have to ask for???

Princess offers it as last minute deals in April or later after the season starts.

You won't see it when you book a year in advance (for Alaska). They offer Caribbean cruises far in advance and other places.

Coral

Maybe you can answer a question for us--basically, we're not sure how 3ff would work for our situation.

The details: we are booked on CB in Feb 2020, in C753 on Caribe Deck. It is a category B4 cabin. We had to book this early to get that aft view cabin. We do have S&S right now and I think it will work nicely for this 14-day cruise, but it is not an absolute requirement. We are getting OBC from our TA (big box warehouse HQ'd in the Pacific Southwest), and some from Princess which will basically cover grats.

My question--if we switch to 3ff, what is our balcony upgrade? To a B2 but no higher? And would that allow us to keep an aft view cabin? I know it all depends on availability, but the only cabins that I can see that are aft facing are suites (I think). That is too much of an upgrade, correct? :D

DH doesn't want to give up the aft cabin unless he gets a "better" one.

Thanks for any help

ML

My question--if we switch to 3ff, what is our balcony upgrade? To a B2 but no higher? And would that allow us to keep an aft view cabin? I know it all depends on availability, but the only cabins that I can see that are aft facing are suites (I think). That is too much of an upgrade, correct? :D

DH doesn't want to give up the aft cabin unless he gets a "better" one.

Thanks for any help

ML

I am a fan of aft balconies also. They will only move you to the top balcony category - I am guessing you can stay where you are and switch promos if you want.

The big issue is your TA is an order taker. I have heard very mixed comments about their "service" in helping people.

For me, I would rather have money off the booking as my agent discounts (not OBC like your agent gives) and then free gratuities and OBC with what 3-for free comes with. Everyone is different - I would not benefit for Sip and Sail.

Every situation is different. I would keep the aft cabin.

Edited by Coral