New Menu rollout....Any info yet?

jewliana

:eek::eek:Can anyone please verify if this is true? :eek:And if it is a permanent and fleet wide change? We are going on the Escape in November.

When we sailed on the Getaway 3 years ago, lamb chop was on the menu in MRD one night, now they are not even going to have it in a specialty restaurant? They took away my favorite duck breast dish in La Bistro two years ago, now they are taking away lamb chop from Moderno???? The cutback is unbelievable!

Anoop, the Concierge, called and spoke to someone in Moderno after i heard this from another couple who had dined there the night before. So its def true on Getaway, and its probably coming fleet wide soon. We ended up canceling, and i did get lamb chops in LaCucina (we opted to try that instead, hadnt eaten there in a few cruises as its our least fave of the specialities).

Haven restaurant had awesome lamb, i ate that 3 nights. lol

• 4 weeks later...

Just got off the Gem, not really impressed with the new menus, a lot of the choices just didn't appeal and I'm not a picky eater! I wish I had taken photos of them, food wasn't as good as it has been on our other cruises, except of course at LeBistro and Moderno.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:eek::eek:Can anyone please verify if this is true? :eek:And if it is a permanent and fleet wide change? We are going on the Escape in November.

When we sailed on the Getaway 3 years ago, lamb chop was on the menu in MRD one night, now they are not even going to have it in a specialty restaurant? They took away my favorite duck breast dish in La Bistro two years ago, now they are taking away lamb chop from Moderno???? The cutback is unbelievable!

The lamb chops were removed from Le Bistro with the new menus with the launch of the Escape and replaced with a lamb medallions dish.

So we did some research and checked what was happening. Back in the galley, we saw them taking the lovely lamb chops, cut the meat off the bone, throwing the bone and remaining meat in the grinder to become fish food. And use the remaining medallions for the new dish. Sad

Lamb chops are gone, but I know a group made a fuss and low and behold lamb chops appeared on the table authorised by an officer.

Are you saying that lamb chop is gone from Moderno on Escape too? I may be making a fuss on my next cruise in November then....

Are you saying that lamb chop is gone from Moderno on Escape too? I may be making a fuss on my next cruise in November then....

There was no lamb this time. A fuss was made to an officer in the MDR on a later date and that’s when the lamb chops appeared...

Prime rib and ribs are two very different things.

Really? Well, then, that would explain why I was responding to a post about “odd pairings”, as in ribs (messy, sauced) on formal nights (clothing you typically find harder to clean)

Anoop, the Concierge, called and spoke to someone in Moderno after i heard this from another couple who had dined there the night before. So its def true on Getaway, and its probably coming fleet wide soon. We ended up canceling, and i did get lamb chops in LaCucina (we opted to try that instead, hadnt eaten there in a few cruises as its our least fave of the specialities).

Haven restaurant had awesome lamb, i ate that 3 nights. lol

Lamb chops were in Moderno on the Sun in September and were seriously good. A shame if they disappear but there was also very tasty leg of lamb....

I mean do they serve crab and salmon while in Alaska, or Mexican dishes while in Mexico or Jerk seasoning while in the Caribbean .. Not saying they won't serve salmon in the other ports.. just find it on more menus while in the area that has it ?

Does the cruise line change parts of their menus , depending on where the ship is sailing ?

I mean do they serve crab and salmon while in Alaska, or Mexican dishes while in Mexico or Jerk seasoning while in the Caribbean .. Not saying they won't serve salmon in the other ports.. just find it on more menus while in the area that has it ?

I think food gets shipped in from a central area rather than local so not necessarily themed to the cruise...