Sky Princess 3-Day Inaugural Getaway Shows SOLD OUT

john_galt

Tried to book it with the following 7 day and was only able to book the 7 day. Was told it has been chartered. I know there were a few that had booked it so don’t know if those bookings will be cancelled or allowed to sail. Four days ago there were tons and tons of cabins available... then the price went up to well over $1,000 for an inside.... unbelievable for a 3 day Caribbean cruise! Then 1 1/2 days later it shows the voyage was sold out. For a cruise that is Dec 4, 2020... it made me go hmmmmm! Sure enough both talking to Princess and my TA also talking to Princess.... no longer available for public bookings due to a charter.

If it was me and I was already booked on it.....there is NO way I’d stay on a ship that was 7/8 chattered!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's FLL to FLL with a stop in the Bahamas. Now shows:

Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later. You may also call 1-800-774-6237 for further details.

It's FLL to FLL with a stop in the Bahamas. Now shows:

Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later. You may also call 1-800-774-6237 for further details.

This message is showing up for many cruises on the Princess website, not only the Sky Princess. They are doing some website maintenance or something.

Don't they usually cancel those currently booked when the ship gets chartered?

it depends on the charter. If it is a full ship charter, then everyone gets canceled. If it is only a half chartered ship with most of the lounges closed due to a private event, regular people can still book and sail on the ship

Princess rarely charters ships outside of China. And I doubt they would charter the first USA sailing of a new ship.

If something special is happening with the ship for those three days, I suspect it would be involving travel agencies or other VIPs that Princess wants to introduce to the ship.

I'm still confused😜 It appears that the three day cruise is from NYC to FLL. THEN the ship goes to Princess Cays. We are on from FLL. Afew years ago I wanted to get off a cruise in Lauderdale but couldn't without going to a foreign port ??? Please explain. Karen

I'm still confused😜 It appears that the three day cruise is from NYC to FLL. THEN the ship goes to Princess Cays. We are on from FLL. Afew years ago I wanted to get off a cruise in Lauderdale but couldn't without going to a foreign port ??? Please explain. Karen

The Sky Princess does not sail into or out of New York. Her 3-day itinerary is FLL-Princess Cays-FLL. Are you looking at different ship, perhaps?

A few years ago I wanted to get off a cruise in Lauderdale but couldn't without going to a foreign port ??? Please explain. Karen

You boarded in NYC. Federal law says you cannot embark in one US port and disembark in another US port unless the ship stopped at a distant foreign port. On the east coast, that would require a stop in Aruba or Bonaire or Curacao or Columbia.

All suites had been sold out for about a week prior to bookings being closed. I expect there will be some Move Over offers. We are in an aft PH.

I have had this happen. This far in advance, you will probably get $25 for your inconvenience.