LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

Diamond Plus likes to be lumped with Pinnacles but they are not.

Where do these kind of comments COME from? We're D+, we will never get to be Pinnacle because as much as we love to cruise, we don't WANT to go more than 1-2 times per year. We don't want to be "lumped" with anyone. We cruise is GS so we don't want to be "lumped" with "suite snobs" - yes, I've heard that term bandied about onboard. Here's who I do want to be lumped with - fun people who enjoy their vacation. Those are the peeps I like to hang with. Geez....

Maybe Royal should rename the SL the Suite/Pinnacle Lounge to shut some of this nonsense up. It's their policy so either accept it or find another line where the suites are completely segregated even from the top cruisers. This thread has really gone overboard...pun intended!

Where do these kind of comments COME from? We're D+, we will never get to be Pinnacle because as much as we love to cruise, we don't WANT to go more than 1-2 times per year. We don't want to be "lumped" with anyone. We cruise is GS so we don't want to be "lumped" with "suite snobs" - yes, I've heard that term bandied about onboard. Here's who I do want to be lumped with - fun people who enjoy their vacation. Those are the peeps I like to hang with. Geez....

Maybe Royal should rename the SL the Suite/Pinnacle Lounge to shut some of this nonsense up. It's their policy so either accept it or find another line where the suites are completely segregated even from the top cruisers. This thread has really gone overboard...pun intended!

We prefer our own company but have met some very interesting people in the DL.

I agree with your observations I think some people probably like to name drop but that does not interest us.

A top class Premium loyalty lounge for Pinnacles and D+ would be appropriate and the DL for Diamonds.

Where do these kind of comments COME from?

See above... over the years I have seen many suggestions of D and D+ being in separate lounges because there are many D’s and the D+ should share a lounge with Pinnacle. My point was if there is going to be a Pinnacle Lounge it should be for Pinnacles not Pinnacle and D+.

RC corporate office needs to periodically examine their practices to ensure guests are receiving the experience that is marketed and sold at a premium. If necessary, make adjustments. Maybe even allowing junior suites in the SL?

Obviously, it is known that the number of non suite guests in the SL can be taxing on resources. If not, there would Pinnacle cruisers would be allowed in the SL during the upcoming President cruise.

See above... over the years I have seen many suggestions of D and D+ being in separate lounges because there are many D’s and the D+ should share a lounge with Pinnacle. My point was if there is going to be a Pinnacle Lounge it should be for Pinnacles not Pinnacle and D+.

RC corporate office needs to periodically examine their practices to ensure guests are receiving the experience that is marketed and sold at a premium. If necessary, make adjustments. Maybe even allowing junior suites in the SL?

Obviously, it is known that the number of non suite guests in the SL can be taxing on resources. If not, there would Pinnacle cruisers would be allowed in the SL during the upcoming President cruise.

Only one poster keeps saying D+ and Pinnacles should share a lounge and I have never read anyone agree with that statement. The Pinnacle Lounge that existed in the past was just a lounge for anyone on the ship, it was never an exclusive lounge for Pinnacles.

I recall on the Oasis before its first dry dock there was a Pinnacle Lounge on deck 17 that has since been converted to a suite. It was empty every time I passed by. I would presume because there was no bar set up. Taking away the Pinnacle Lounge could be the compromise RC decided when granting Pinnacle guests access to the Suite Lounge.

The space you're referencing was the Pinnacle Chapel. It was used for weddings and was never a lounge for Pinnacle Club members.

IMHO

Enough with Suite vs Pinnacle and Pinnacle vs Suite !

To Andy C. It seems that you do not appreciate Pinnacle level passengers using the lounge designated for Suite passengers.

I can understand your view,but instead of continuing to write about it on CC,have you considered communicating directly to Royal Caribbean about the situation ?

It seems to me that dealing directly with the corporate office of the cruise line may get you more satisfactory resolution than debating the subject with other posters on this thread.

Not bringing any form of a jacket or coat. No tie. Haven’t done so for some time. Don’t need to dress up to enjoy our vacation. Don’t care what others wear to enjoy theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was just an observation

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's nice - so the SUITE Lounge is mostly pinnacle right now - that means there are probably no window seats or enough seating for SUITE guests.

This proves my point exactly and what so many have agreed with me on my thread. Pinnacles (because RCI allows it) are robbing suite guests of their experience. Period.

Nope, plenty of seats open. No need to sit by window as the blinds are closed. I was just saying Pins are taking the times suite guests dont want. Awfully nice of them in my opinion. Around 30 pins and 6 suite guests seated at 5:30. All at the covered windows.

6pm brought in about ten more passengers, the first pins were finishing, though most took just over an hour.

We left at 6:40, so there were plenty of tables open for 6:30 reservations. Shades were still down due to blinding sun.

One of the 6pm groups included a precious 4 year old girl who spent 40 minutes standing on her seat squealing. Parents ignored her, busy drinking mojitos.

Dinner and a show. [emoji6]

We don't know that they're not. [emoji848]

Edited by John&LaLa

I recall on the Oasis before its first dry dock there was a Pinnacle Lounge on deck 17 that has since been converted to a suite. It was empty every time I passed by. I would presume because there was no bar set up.

The space you're referencing was the Pinnacle Chapel. It was used for weddings and was never a lounge for Pinnacle Club members.

Actually you are partially right Suzy and so is crusinthrough.

The Pinnacle Chapel was on the Starboard side, deck 17, on Oasis and Allure. It was turned into a large suite on each of their respective 5 year dry docks.

There was also a Pinnacle Lounge on deck 17 on the port side of Allure and Oasis. It was transformed into a large suite at their first respective 5 year dry docks.

The Pinnacle Lounge was rarely used. When used it held suite functions like meet the Senior Officers. I would say the comparable event now would be the suite helipad sailaway. It also held private functions, such as group meetings. Otherwise it was an empty room, except for a few chairs, couches and tables. I never saw Pinnacle events held there with numerous deck 17 sailings prior to these spaces becoming suites.

We never saw a wedding in the Chapel either. However, the Friends of Bill W gatherings were held there daily.

Actually you are partially right Suzy and so is crusinthrough.

The Pinnacle Chapel was on the Starboard side, deck 17, on Oasis and Allure. It was turned into a large suite on each of their respective 5 year dry docks.

There was also a Pinnacle Lounge on deck 17 on the port side of Allure and Oasis. It was transformed into a large suite at their first respective 5 year dry docks.

Knew there was another space but didn't realize it was called a Pinnacle Lounge. Neither were ever used for Pinnacle Member functions. I think their names came from being at the "pinnacle" of the ship. :)

MSC Yacht Club or NCL Haven comes to mind.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nope, plenty of seats open. No need to sit by window as the blinds are closed. I was just saying Pins are taking the times suite guests dont want. Awfully nice of them in my opinion. Around 30 pins and 6 suite guests seated at 5:30. All at the covered windows.

6pm brought in about ten more passengers, the first pins were finishing, though most took just over an hour.

We left at 6:40, so there were plenty of tables open for 6:30 reservations. Shades were still down due to blinding sun.

One of the 6pm groups included a precious 4 year old girl who spent 40 minutes standing on her seat squealing. Parents ignored her, busy drinking mojitos.

Dinner and a show. [emoji6]

That last paragraph had me in stitches!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knew there was another space but didn't realize it was called a Pinnacle Lounge. Neither were ever used for Pinnacle Member functions. I think their names came from being at the "pinnacle" of the ship. :)

Very good possibility regarding the name and location.

[quote=A&L_Ont;57138161

Glad to read someone else remembers the Pinnacle Lounge.

I remember the lounge because I was planning a reception there on Oasis's first sailing after dry dock in 2014. Midway through planning my TA informed me that the lounge was being replaced by a suite and I had to use Dazzle. I think it's the RS # 1701.

I don't know if was meant for Pinnacle guests or was called Pinnacle Lounge because of the location.

Glad to read someone else remembers the Pinnacle Lounge.

I remember the lounge because I was planning a reception there on Oasis's first sailing after dry dock in 2014. Midway through planning my TA informed me that the lounge was being replaced by a suite and I had to use Dazzle. I think it's the RS # 1701.

I don't know if was meant for Pinnacle guests or was called Pinnacle Lounge because of the location.

It’s been gone for some time now, to the point that one might forget that they existed. On Harmony and Symphony they are just good old CLS right from construction.

It was the location. It was created before there was a level named Pinnacle in C&A.

Maybe they named the Pinnacles after the lounge?:confused: But then decided to get rid of the lounge so they couldn’t use it.... after all the CK/SL arrived after their first dry docks. The same time the PL disappeared.

I’m on the same sailing as John and lala and have been following their live thread.. probably passed them on an elevator or two.. was lucky enough to score an A2 on an upsell call the Monday before we set sail.. we went to ck on the first day only for lunch.. haven’t been back since.. no need in my opinion ... been dining specialty mostly.. and even ventured to the mdr and had wonderful dinners there as well.. drinks are plentiful and haven’t felt the need for attending cocktail hour.. so pinnacles enjoy you earned it

It’s been gone for some time now, to the point that one might forget that they existed. On Harmony and Symphony they are just good old CLS right from construction.

Maybe they named the Pinnacles after the lounge?:confused: But then decided to get rid of the lounge so they couldn’t use it.... after all the CK/SL arrived after their first dry docks. The same time the PL disappeared.

Allows for more space in CK/SL on the new girls

I’m on the same sailing as John and lala and have been following their live thread.. probably passed them on an elevator or two.. was lucky enough to score an A2 on an upsell call the Monday before we set sail.. we went to ck on the first day only for lunch.. haven’t been back since.. no need in my opinion ... been dining specialty mostly.. and even ventured to the mdr and had wonderful dinners there as well.. drinks are plentiful and haven’t felt the need for attending cocktail hour.. so pinnacles enjoy you earned it

We had a nice dinner in MDR as well. Have only had CK dinner twice so far. I do like CK for breakfast and occasionally lunch. Chops is available to us for breakfast so we have been there some. It's closer to our cabin

That room (Pinnacle Lounge) was one of the most beautiful spaces on the ship...we used it as a lounge for two weeks while on an Allure B2B.

Years ago, during "Diamonds in December", that room was quietly opened as an overflow lounge because the Concierge Lounge was packed...standing room only. About a dozen couples were quietly asked to come to that room and join the guests of the Loft Suites. It was a great mix of guests and we had a fantastic time in there each evening...everyone got along splendidly. Light food was available and two bartenders were assigned...they used the backbar of the Viking Crown and served any drink requested. I do not know if it was ever used again as a lounge after those two weeks.

We were never told why we were among the few selected to be in there we just assumed it was to lighten the load of the Concierge Lounge.

At the time, we thought that the room had been named Pinnacle Lounge because it was on the highest deck of the ship.

:)

Edited by beachnative