Booking a cruise while on a cruise question.

pjewell910

We are taking a cruise next month and also looking at another cruise on the Anthem for February . So can anyone tell me what they offer for booking while on a cruise. And after booking can you pass the reservation over to your travel agent to receive there perks also?

If it helps we are looking at a balcony room. Don't know if that makes a differance.

When booking onboard be sure to tell them to leave the booking in your name (control). Tell them when you get home then you will transfer it to a travel agency of your choice, otherwise like other people said it will go to whoever you booked your present cruise to.

Jimbo:)

Booking onboard usually gives lots of OBC. If you later see a better deal and take the better price you will loose the onboard booking OBC and be stuck with the better deal OBC. For me it was $275 OBC down to $50. The price difference made it slightly better to switch. Then the only advantage of booking onboard was the reduced deposit. The best is if good offers are available at the time you book onboard.

We have always been asked if we have a TA we want it to go to or if we want RCI to retain it,

The first time we booked a cruise on board, we got home and popped into the TA’s office and she SCREEMED “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?? WHAT IS THIS??” She had not gotten word of the new on-board booking program!:eek:

I have found that new itinerariesseem to open to on-board passengers before showing up at TA’s or online

Booking onboard usually gives lots of OBC. If you later see a better deal and take the better price you will loose the onboard booking OBC and be stuck with the better deal OBC. For me it was $275 OBC down to $50. The price difference made it slightly better to switch. Then the only advantage of booking onboard was the reduced deposit. The best is if good offers are available at the time you book onboard.

What type of room did you book and what length of cruise? 275 doesn’t seem to fit any OBC for booking on board. Part of the credit must have been for the specific deal that was available for everyone at the time.

I have taken price drops and not lost the portion of the OBC for booking on board.

I am not questioning that you lost some OBC I am just looking for clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called the online travel agent that is a pretty big one to ask if I transfer the reservation to them after I book it onboard if I would still get there perks. They couldn't give me a straight answer. UGG

I would not transfer until they send you a quiote in writing, detailing the cruise cost and perks.

"What type of room did you book and what length of cruise? 275 doesn’t seem to fit any OBC for booking on board. Part of the credit must have been for the specific deal that was available for everyone at the time."

It was 7 night Boston to Bermuda cruise. $275 OBC in original booking.

Total charges went from $2155 to $1849 with new promotions and OBC reduced to $100 total. (I was wrong.)

wftFk7GojDDXgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Net benefit $131.

As I said, only benefit to me for booking onboard was the reduced deposit.

What about $300 for 7 days in a suite? I would most likely not book on board for $100 OBC but that is me.

If you are going to book anyway, sure book on board, for whatever OBC they provide, but don't wait or hold out for some great deal simply for booking on board.

Just make sure you know the exact price of the cruise you want. I knew the cruise I wanted to buy was under £893; the Next Cruise girl told me it was £2100.

No I said it is £893....

No she said, that price does not exist.

So I pull up the price on the RCI website on my phone, show her......and suddenly, strangely, she managed to find the cabins at £893...... roll eyes.

I guess she gets more commission on £2100 but blatant lying was not appreciated.

She then went on to tell me that to have MTD I needed to prepay the grats.

More roll eyes.

The offer some OBC. Up to $600 depending on cruise length and cabin grade.

They usually automatically allocate the new booking to the TA whom you booked your current cruise with.

Can i tell them not to allocate my new booking to the current booking. My TA has done nothing for me. I would prefer to keep control of my own booking.

Can i tell them not to allocate my new booking to the current booking. My TA has done nothing for me. I would prefer to keep control of my own booking.

Yes, no problem, just tell them that up front, and make sure you wait at the desk to review your booking invoice. Sometimes they tell you they will send the invoice to your stateroom in a day or so, and by that time it might be too late to fix any mistakes.

"What type of room did you book and what length of cruise? 275 doesn’t seem to fit any OBC for booking on board. Part of the credit must have been for the specific deal that was available for everyone at the time."

It was 7 night Boston to Bermuda cruise. $275 OBC in original booking.

Total charges went from $2155 to $1849 with new promotions and OBC reduced to $100 total. (I was wrong.)

wftFk7GojDDXgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Net benefit $131.

As I said, only benefit to me for booking onboard was the reduced deposit.

We booked two separate sailings in CL2 on Allure of the Seas.

Safe travels.

Just make sure you know the exact price of the cruise you want. I knew the cruise I wanted to buy was under £893; the Next Cruise girl told me it was £2100.

No I said it is £893....

No she said, that price does not exist.

So I pull up the price on the RCI website on my phone, show her......and suddenly, strangely, she managed to find the cabins at £893...... roll eyes.

I guess she gets more commission on £2100 but blatant lying was not appreciated.

She then went on to tell me that to have MTD I needed to prepay the grats.

More roll eyes.

Exactly what I experienced!

I showed her a screenshot of the price (from my OTA website) of the cruise that I was interested in; and she said that this price was not available on their system. Her price for the exact same category stateroom was much more.

What's the point of getting 200-300 OBC per cabin (not per person) and paying a price 600 dollars more PER PERSON?

Exactly what I experienced!

I showed her a screenshot of the price (from my OTA website) of the cruise that I was interested in; and she said that this price was not available on their system. Her price for the exact same category stateroom was much more.

What's the point of getting 200-300 OBC per cabin (not per person) and paying a price 600 dollars more PER PERSON?

I look the price up for the cruises I plan to book before I leave on the cruise and again on my phone the day I go to set them up onboard.

I give them the cabin category and cabin number I want. They have never given me a different price from what I found so I guess I have been lucky.

If they would have a higher price I am ready to provide them the correct price by showing them the website price on my phone. Now if it changed between when I last checked I guess I lose.

I look the price up for the cruises I plan to book before I leave on the cruise and again on my phone the day I go to set them up onboard.

I give them the cabin category and cabin number I want. They have never given me a different price from what I found so I guess I have been lucky.

If they would have a higher price I am ready to provide them the correct price by showing them the website price on my phone. Now if it changed between when I last checked I guess I lose.

They don't have the last minute cheap bargain rates available on their computer.

They don't have the last minute cheap bargain rates available on their computer.

They can access them but if they say they can’t I would call their bluff and access them on my phone or I pad when I am sitting with them.

For me it wouldn’t come into play because the cruises I book would be at least 1 year in advanced of the sail date.