Let's chase the sun and sea, LIVE aboard MSC Seaside, sailing September 29th!

BugsyCruiser

We have been invited by MSC ( along with 80 others) for a ships visit on Monday. MSC Magnifica with a view to taking a cruise with MSC, We have status matched. Any idea of the benefits afforded other than price discount?

We have been invited by MSC ( along with 80 others) for a ships visit on Monday. MSC Magnifica with a view to taking a cruise with MSC, We have status matched. Any idea of the benefits afforded other than price discount?

I think you have posted this in the wrong place.

Good morning friends. Flight leaves at 2:11 pm today so figured why wait till I get home...

Final thoughts on my cruise aboard MSC Seaside:

Food very good overall. Specialty restaurants excel and the French bistro is a bargain at 15 dollars. Buffets however are the same every day. No theme nights, nothing different. Buffet food though is of good quality.

Outdoor promenade on deck 8 is nice but other than outdoor seating for the buffet it's just a deck to lounge out in the sun. Norwegian hit a home run with their multiple dining and bar venues that offer outside seating areas.

No shallow section in any of the pools. They're all a minimum of 6 feet deep. I can't speak of Yacht Club since I didn't stay there. Too many cruise lines do this with their new builds it seems.

Best bars hands down are the Sports Bar on deck 8 and South Beach Pool Bar on deck 7.

Spa and gym are nice. Sorry I forgot to get pictures.

Cabin was nice, huge balcony. Bathroom though was tiny. For a big person like me it felt very cramped.

Design is modern and sleek. It's really cool.

Technology actually works very well on the ship.

Careful when registering a card on board for your charge account. Their banking system is based in France and my bank had that country on their blocked list. A simple phone call Monday morning fixed it.

Venchi Chocolate Bar, gelato, pure genius and delicious.

Officers highly visible and very sociable. Always a plus.

Entertainment was decent but as I said seats in the theater are not comfortable unless you get a seat with a walkway in front of you.

Atrium is very cool and the theme shows(70s party, country and western...) are a lot of fun.

Cold towels and flavored water at the ports when you come back to board is nice.

Cruise Critic meet and mingle done by MSC is the best hands down. Free cocktails, a dizzying amount of food, cake, and all the senior officers attending and socializing with everyone. It's a shame that so many people didn't show up for it after signing up for it. 130 signed up and maybe half showed up.

Staff very good for the most part. Once in a while they can be forgetful(not filling your water glass after asking if you wanted water, forgetting a side dish) but it didn't deter from the enjoyment of the cruise.

Would I sail MSC again? Yes. [emoji4]

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cruise Critic meet and mingle done by MSC is the best hands down. Free cocktails, a dizzying amount of food, cake, and all the senior officers attending and socializing with everyone. It's a shame that so many people didn't show up for it after signing up for it. 130 signed up and maybe half showed up.

What time and day was your cc party held? We are on the Western itinery on the 20th this month , Cozumel, GC, Jamaica. Ive read a few reviews that said party was held at 5..not a very thoughtful time as I have early seating dinner 5:15. That could be why a lot of people didnt show.

What time and day was your cc party held? We are on the Western itinery on the 20th this month , Cozumel, GC, Jamaica. Ive read a few reviews that said party was held at 5..not a very thoughtful time as I have early seating dinner 5:15. That could be why a lot of people didnt show.

It was held on Monday, the second sea day at 5 pm. Not sure on the western route when it would be held

Sent from my Asus Zen Pad 10.0 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick responce..Im hopeful that MSC will rethink this 5:00 time for the party..even 4:30 would be a lot better so it doesnt interfere with early dining time.

Our 12/08 Seaside is currently scheduled at 10am but I don't know if our coordinator asked for an earlier time or if they are just scheduling them earlier.