Non refundable deposit

frangul

Does the confirmation you are sent upon booking and paying the deposit indicate whether the deposit is non refundable?

Yes a non refundable deposit is always shown on our Travel Agents confirming e-mail of our booked cruise .:)

Non refundable deposits were instituted by cruise lines for many reasons .We the public choose to pay a lower entry fee for booking a cruise with a non refundable deposit .The same cruise would cost a higher cruise cost with a completely refundable deposit before final payment ;)

Our T.A. sends us the Princess booking confirmation, passenger copy. I'm looking at the two different confirmations booked under the 3 for free promo. The one just booked mentions a refundable deposit, the one booked in 2017 just shows reduced deposit, but does not mention anything regarding refundable or non-refundable. Believe all deposits are refundable unless non-refundable is specifically mentioned. Bottom line, read the fine print of all promos.

Sail Princess exclusively and love it. Recently lost almost $500 on a non-refundable deposit because I had a massive heart attack right before final payment. Asked for possibly a credit but no go. Completely am to blame but learned there is no advantage to booking early.

Sail Princess exclusively and love it. Recently lost almost $500 on a non-refundable deposit because I had a massive heart attack right before final payment. Asked for possibly a credit but no go. Completely am to blame but learned there is no advantage to booking early.

Sorry for your health issue but didn't you have insurance?

DON

Does the confirmation you are sent upon booking and paying the deposit indicate whether the deposit is non refundable?

I just looked back at my Booking Confirmation from Princess for a 4 day getaway we did in 2015. I remember that I booked it with a non-refundable deposit but didn't care as I was definitely going. The Booking Confirmation that Princess sends out has this information listed:

The deposit for the fare you have selected is 100% non-refundable and non-transferable. Upon payment, no portion of the deposit is refundable for any reason.

Soooo.... The answer to your question is a definite, "Yes".

Yes always take insurance but if you cancel with a non-refundable deposit you lose the deposit. Won't do it again.

I was going to ask that question. It didn't seem logical that the insurance would cover a non refundable deposit. In the past two years I had to cancel 2 cruises before final payment due to medical issues of a loved one. We both have aging parents with medical conditions so I always buy insurance and will never book a non refundable deposit. I have no objection to booking early as the price usually drops and can be adjusted before final payment. I'm booked on a Royal Caribbean cruise for June 2019. It's gone up quite a bit since I booked in March. Fingers crossed that I don't have to cancel.

Yes always take insurance but if you cancel with a non-refundable deposit you lose the deposit. Won't do it again.

We have done a couple non-refundable deposit cruises. We took insurance but didn't pay for the insurance until final payment because we used FCCs and the max loss was $200 total for both of us, but, the insurance was close to $200 each. If paying for the insurance up front we still would have basically lost the same amount as we would have by just losing the deposit if we had to cancel. YMMV.

We have done a couple non-refundable deposit cruises. We took insurance but didn't pay for the insurance until final payment because we used FCCs and the max loss was $200 total for both of us, but, the insurance was close to $200 each. If paying for the insurance up front we still would have basically lost the same amount as we would have by just losing the deposit if we had to cancel. YMMV.

We may have to cancel due to cancer...put $100 down for each of us 2 cruises. Wiill we just loose our FCC or 10% charge? Thanks for your help.

We may have to cancel due to cancer...put $100 down for each of us 2 cruises. Wiill we just loose our FCC or 10% charge? Thanks for your help.

Your hundred dollar deposits is it.. That is what you put down, so, no, not the normal 10% deposit. Another big advantage to buying FCCs if you expect to cruise again within a couple of years (or at least booking within two years). Not to put to fine of a point on it, but, your only deposit is the $100 dollars that you put down. BTW, good luck with your cancer issue if that is your worry. Not a pleasant prospect. So sorry to hear about it.

The future cruise deposit is in place of the 10% deposit.. both are not needed. Most deposits are refundable unless the contrary is stated. Mike. (I hope I understood your question properly)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your hundred dollar deposits is it.. That is what you put down, so, no, not the normal 10% deposit. Another big advantage to buying FCCs if you expect to cruise again within a couple of years (or at least booking within two years). Not to put to fine of a point on it, but, your only deposit is the $100 dollars that you put down. BTW, good luck with your cancer issue if that is your worry. Not a pleasant prospect. So sorry to hear about it.

Thanks for your kind words...trying to get to 3 year mark. Will know this week.

The future cruise deposit is in place of the 10% deposit.. both are not needed. Most deposits are refundable unless the contrary is stated. Mike. (I hope I understood your question properly)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you.

Confused about this...my Princess Vacation Planner said if we cancel after final payment...insurance would cover the deposit...is this not true??

Confused about this...my Princess Vacation Planner said if we cancel after final payment...insurance would cover the deposit...is this not true??

If your original deposit was refundable you will get it back but if it wasn’t you won’t. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Non Refundable Deposit (NRD) is probably a good thing for all of us who are serious about the cruise.

It helps keep people who just book at a low deposit rate who are just considering and then cancel later which blocks up cabins for those of us are serious about the cruise.:rolleyes::rolleyes: