On Board Caribbean P.-Ocean Medallion observations

New York Nana

That may very well be, but New York Nana posted that she got into her cabin before 1 PM so unless they've begun using the lockout feature (if there is one) I'll have to see for myself.

What about the in-transit people? They certainly would be allowed past.

We have done several back-to-back cruises. Every time, our cabin was the last one the steward would work on. We never had access to our cabin blocked but it was best if we found somewhere else on the ship to hang out.

Barb,

I am not crafty, but should I look into finding some sort of magnetic organizers for the cabin door to bring with me? I was looking on-line and they do make some lightweight plastic ones.

I really don't like the idea of someone always having to enter the cabin just to leave (unnecessary) papers. I wouldn't mind it if they just put them under the door.

Edited by metairiegal

Barb,

I am not crafty, but should I look into finding some sort of magnetic organizers for the cabin door to bring with me? I was looking on-line and they do make some lightweight plastic ones.

I really don't like the idea of someone always having to enter the cabin just to leave (unnecessary) papers. I wouldn't mind it if they just put them under the door.

If you speak to the steward, it may be possible to arrange for him/her to post all papers under the door.

We have done several back-to-back cruises. Every time, our cabin was the last one the steward would work on. We never had access to our cabin blocked but it was best if we found somewhere else on the ship to hang out.

I wasn't talking about getting access to your cabin during a B2B turnaround day, but on embarkation day.

It seems as though people aren't being allowed to get access until after 1 PM which means carrying around your luggage until then.

If we can't get to our cabin before 1 PM then hanging out in the buffet is our choice.

We don't usually like to stay there that long since people are roaming around looking for a place to sit but they don't seem to be giving us any other option. (although I do have a backup plan that might work)

Barb,

Only the steward will be going in your cabin unless you've called maintenance for something. He's in there 2 or 3 times a day and not for leaving papers.

I wasn't talking about getting access to your cabin during a B2B turnaround day, but on embarkation day.

It seems as though people aren't being allowed to get access until after 1 PM which means carrying around your luggage until then.

If we can't get to our cabin before 1 PM then hanging out in the buffet is our choice.

We don't usually like to stay there that long since people are roaming around looking for a place to sit but they don't seem to be giving us any other option. (although I do have a backup plan that might work)

Find a lounge to sit in. That's what I do.

Go the MDR for lunch. There's never a large crowd and there's plenty of room to take your luggage with you. Eat a nice embarkation day lunch and then go to your cabin.

Go the MDR for lunch. There's never a large crowd and there's plenty of room to take your luggage with you. Eat a nice embarkation day lunch and then go to your cabin.

Is Club Class dining open in the MDR on embarkation day?

The notice handed out with the medallion/cruise card said that the Island MDR on Deck 5 had a luggage/carry on check for those who didn’t want to carry them around on board. It said they needed to be picked up no later than 1:30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s true. That is where we went to eat (FYI-lunch began at 11:30 vs 12 noon as in the past on other ships). We and others left our bags near the entrance. No issues.

Is Club Class dining open in the MDR on embarkation day?

Yes, Club Class was open on embarkation. They were confirming cabin numbers with pax heading into the left side of the dining room.

Barb,

This is the extent of my ‘craftiness’! I got 2 heavy duty (40# weight) magnets from Amazon and they haven’t slid down at all even when I piled papers in it to test it out.

1f9377f177acdcd382af5778a24c9cc7.jpg

A couple of questions that might sound silly but.....

#1. In your estimate, is the size of the Medallion slightly larger, smaller or the same size as a quarter?

#2. If you happen to know, are people doing a B2B cruise given new Medallions or are the original ones just updated?

Thanks

A couple of questions that might sound silly but.....

#1. In your estimate, is the size of the Medallion slightly larger, smaller or the same size as a quarter?

#2. If you happen to know, are people doing a B2B cruise given new Medallions or are the original ones just updated?

Thanks

#1-yes, the medallion is a bit larger than a quarter and definitely thicker.

#2-I asked the Navigator and he said he believed that the medallions would be programmed for a pax entire itinerary.

2eb73fc0e44241ca4e6c26ba0da825d2.jpg

• Thanks 1

#2-I asked the Navigator and he said he believed that the medallions would be programmed for a pax entire itinerary.

Yes, we did three B2Bs and used the same Medallion for all three cruises. Then we decided to stay on for one more cruise - in a different cabin - and they just reprogrammed our same Medallion for that cruise.

Yes, we did three B2Bs and used the same Medallion for all three cruises. Then we decided to stay on for one more cruise - in a different cabin - and they just reprogrammed our same Medallion for that cruise.

Deb,

As you had to change cabins for the 4th leg, did you just luck into having the same muster station as the first 3 weeks? I ask because I’m thinking the medallion includes the muster station (but I could just be mixed up with the band MSC has since that’s my next cruise!) so I’m wondering if a medallion is always reprogrammed when a cabin is changed and the new cabin has a different muster station.

Thanks!!

This is the extent of my ‘craftiness’! I got 2 heavy duty (40# weight) magnets from Amazon and they haven’t slid down at all even when I piled papers in it to test it out.

1f9377f177acdcd382af5778a24c9cc7.jpg

I like it!(y)

#1-yes, the medallion is a bit larger than a quarter and definitely thicker.

2eb73fc0e44241ca4e6c26ba0da825d2.jpg

Thank You....That's exactly what I was looking for.

I'm making my own Medallion holder & needed an approximate size to work with.

OK. Great.

Now I can count on reusing my Medallion for a B2B without removing it from my holder that I made.

When you think about it, it would really be wasteful to issue a new Medallion for subsequent trips.

Seems kinda goofy to me to buy a PCL gizmo to display the ***** device.

Is anything provided without charge to hold the device or do we just carry them in a shirt or pants pocket?

They give you a (or did with us on the CB last week) a lanyard with a plastic pocket to hold that and your sea pass card. As I mentioned before, you need to have both on you as sometimes they wanted the *****, other times the sea pass. I carried mine in a mesh pocket inside my cross chest purse. When I opened up the outside of the purse exposing it, most of the time my door would open without me having to remove the ***** from the purse..

It is the size of a silver dollar but thicker which the other person said.

• Thanks 1