On Board Caribbean P.-Ocean Medallion observations

New York Nana

quote=New York Nana;57179207]

Your photo shows up on the screen and you are welcomed back as it shows the handle being unlocked. I am guessing here, but the door pads show 2 different comments (“Locked” and “approach with medallion”.) I want to say that when there are no medallions in the room (along with a pax) it shows ‘approach’ on the pad. When both (or all) medallions are inside the cabin, it shows ‘locked’. I think is a way that stewards can see if the cabin is vacant or not.

Barb

So is it now not possible to have an empty cabin (no pax and no medallions) AND have the cabin as ‘do not disturb’? For example: we may get up, get ready, then go to breakfast with the intention of returning to the cabin to collect our things for a shore excursion (and I’ll want to make sure our clothes.toiletries are put away) before wanting our steward to take care of the rest. So previously we’d just put the DND card into the lock and run to breakfast. Will we now be required to leave a medallion in the room so that the steward won’t think s/he the cabin is ready for her/him? I can think of several other times we may be out of the cabin yet want DND in place.

Thank you for your help with this!

I don’t think that would be an issue. We always leave our card out requesting service while we are away for the fitness center and breakfast. Almost without exception, our cabin was serviced while we were gone. If you don’t want service while out, just put your DND card out.

If the card is out, no service will be done. I was just ‘guessing ‘ why the difference in the screen comments. I will try to find out a bit more about it.

Barb

I don’t think I mentioned this before. Or even if anyone else has reported it here. I spoke with a Navigator about the progression of *****. She said they just had several staff members head to the Regal to work on it. She also said the Island will be next with it but she didn’t have any date for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We board the CB next Monday, the 8th. We are platinum, but I have pre-purchased the unlimited internet plan. Wondering if I should cancel and cross my fingers that platinum/ elite will still be getting unlimited free internet for the cruise we're on?

We board the CB next Monday, the 8th. We are platinum, but I have pre-purchased the unlimited internet plan. Wondering if I should cancel and cross my fingers that platinum/ elite will still be getting unlimited free internet for the cruise we're on?

I am also on that cruise, and have elected not to buy an internet package. I am Platinum for the first time, so even if I just get the 250 minutes, it is 250 more than I had before, and I hear very fast upload/download time.

Even if the unlimited Internet is not free, there may be a discount for platinum/elite passengers to switch their minutes to an unlimited package.

I know your dilemma. I ALMOST pre-purchased but then justified not, figuring that even if the unlimited wasn’t available when we boarded, i would be happy with the 250 minutes each. I didn’t ask, but I’m assuming they would continue to offer a reduced price to elite/platinum once it is fully implemented.

Do the ***** navigators know if the two new ships being built will automatically be rolled out with ***** working (at least working at whatever level that’s current at that point)?

Thanks again for keeping all of us updated!!

Good question. I will stop by and ask them. Although I can’t imagine Princess building all new ships without the updated technology already on board. Not doing so would add big future costs.

Ok, so this is greek to me, but i just ran a speed test on my iPhone While on my balcony on Baja and this was the report:

Download Mbps - 55.9

Upload Mbps - 78.9

Now, the last time I did this test on my home network it was 37.3 download and 6.16 upload.

I think it is safe to say that Medallion Net is pretty good!

Edited by New York Nana
Forgot something

I was told to put the Do Not Disturb out even when you are in the cabin.

I guess with the Medallion, the attendant can tell someone is in the cabin and not just walk in.

I intend to keep my Medallion in an RFID sleeve at all times except when I have to use it to embark or disembark in port. I resent being tracked like a puppy, and that's just the way I feel. I will still need a do not disturb sign for night time so in the morning I am not surprised by the steward entering thinking I'm not there.

I intend to keep my Medallion in an RFID sleeve at all times except when I have to use it to embark or disembark in port. I resent being tracked like a puppy, and that's just the way I feel. I will still need a do not disturb sign for night time so in the morning I am not surprised by the steward entering thinking I'm not there.

Don't forget about your cruise card also. They be tracking it as well. :rolleyes:

I know your dilemma. I ALMOST pre-purchased but then justified not, figuring that even if the unlimited wasn’t available when we boarded, i would be happy with the 250 minutes each. I didn’t ask, but I’m assuming they would continue to offer a reduced price to elite/platinum once it is fully implemented.

I was wondering why they offered the free internet? Was it because of the lack of full propulsion or because the ***** system wasn't fully operational yet?

Don't forget about your cruise card also. They be tracking it as well. :rolleyes:

Only when you use it, it's not telling them where you are at all times, big difference to me. I could always keep that in with the ***** in an RFID sleeve that can't be penetrated.

Unless the deck is blocked off completely we'll be checking as soon as we board.

If it's done, great, if not we'll drop our luggage & leave.

Someone posted that the cruisecards are set so that they can't open the cabin doors until 1.

I look forward to your first hand report.

Thanks for all of your reports, New York Nana. It sounds like they’re finall starting to get their act together. It’s hard to believe that this program was going to be functional almost one year ago!

I have a question for those who are talking about shielding their medallion. Why would you want to do this? What are you afraid will happen if you don’t shield it? Is it a health issue?

Someone posted that the cruisecards are set so that they can't open the cabin doors until 1.

I look forward to your first hand report.

That may very well be, but New York Nana posted that she got into her cabin before 1 PM so unless they've begun using the lockout feature (if there is one) I'll have to see for myself.

I think the doors from the Elvator lobby's are locked

What about the in-transit people? They certainly would be allowed past.