Surveys are driving me BANANAS

YogiDog

I am just off the Explorer of the Seas Pacific Coast Cruise. On this cruise we were given a written survey in our stateroom several days into the cruise. We were called on our cabin phone on our last night for a survey about the food and then we received our post survey via email.

The staff is so freaked out about these surveys. They are so heightened by any and everything you say as a cruiser. For example, I asked for my meat to be cooked a bit more and you could tell the server was upset that it wasn't 'perfect'. This in turn made me feel bad for making the request. In a normal setting, they are more than happy to accommodate but on my latest cruises they seem to get uptight when you veer from the script.

Many of the staff mentioned the survey and that they needed a 10 as a bonus incentive. I am really tired of this speech. Not everyone does it but I have noticed it more and more each time I cruise.

I am all for rewarding the crew for good service but somehow these surveys feel like they are holding the crew hostage and making me, the cruiser, feel pressured.

Perhaps I am overreacting but it just bugged me this time around so I thought I would vent here.

Thanks for reading ;)

I am just off the Explorer of the Seas Pacific Coast Cruise. On this cruise we were given a written survey in our stateroom several days into the cruise. We were called on our cabin phone on our last night for a survey about the food and then we received our post survey via email.

The staff is so freaked out about these surveys. They are so heightened by any and everything you say as a cruiser. For example, I asked for my meat to be cooked a bit more and you could tell the server was upset that it wasn't 'perfect'. This in turn made me feel bad for making the request. In a normal setting, they are more than happy to accommodate but on my latest cruises they seem to get uptight when you veer from the script.

Many of the staff mentioned the survey and that they needed a 10 as a bonus incentive. I am really tired of this speech. Not everyone does it but I have noticed it more and more each time I cruise.

I am all for rewarding the crew for good service but somehow these surveys feel like they are holding the crew hostage and making me, the cruiser, feel pressured.

Perhaps I am overreacting but it just bugged me this time around so I thought I would vent here.

Thanks for reading ;)

Just ignore all the surveys and requests and you will be fine! (y)

Thanks for reading ;)

Everywhere we go ie, shops, Restaurants, garages etc etc ask you to fill in a survey.

What you experienced was way OTT.

The ships survey asks if any crew was asking for top scores.

I try to avoid the 10 pitch by writing down a server’s name into notes on my phone or taking a picture if names are on the table. I try doing so when the waiter is nearby and explain I want to mention them by name in the survey.

Have read the name is better received, especially if earned, by corporate.

Had two surveys on my car recall service, ignored the second.

Actually had a service issue with a bank, received a call and a token award for having taken the time to mention it on the survey.

RCCL does take feedback seriously. The other day I wrote an E-mail to Mr. Bayley with my observation about some conditions on a couple of ships. He responded to my note within 5 minutes ( I believe he was onboard Harmony at the time for the President's Cruise). He agreed with my observation and directed one of his staff to address the matter. The next day I got a very nice follow up from the Executive VP for Marine Operations addressing the matter and providing me with photo evidence that the matter was being addressed. A polite and friendly letter will definitely get their attention.

I too am tired of surveys. Used to always do them, now I just delete unless I want to communicate something to that company. Last cruise was wonderful so we gave extra tips to those who made it special and ignored the survey.

The owner of the Chevy dealership I bought a car at last year was practically crying and begging me to complete the survey. It was such a hard sell I simply refused and kept refusing. They insisted on all 10s too. There were emails, and phone calls from both Chevrolet snd the dealership. Its not just RCI.

I gave the staff on Explorer all 10s. The food was terrible on that cruise and the ship is worn out, but the staff really was friendly and couldn't have been any more helpful.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Forums mobile app

Surveys in general are just out of hand. Every time I visit one of my Doctors at NYU I'm asked to submit a survey about the visit or procedure. Is this really necessary in a professional situation? Thankfully my G.I. doctor didn't beg for a 10 before he preformed my colonoscopy. I refuse to comment and just delete the email. The Doctor's job is to keep me alive for as long as he can. If I'm still alive than he's a 10 in my book.

Most of the complaints that I read on CC about cruise lines have to do with the cutbacks that the bean counters have implemented. I rarely if ever read complaints about the service or staff no matter what cruise board I'm on.

Surveys in general are just out of hand. Every time I visit one of my Doctors at NYU I'm asked to submit a survey about the visit or procedure. Is this really necessary in a professional situation? Thankfully my G.I. doctor didn't beg for a 10 before he preformed my colonoscopy. I refuse to comment and just delete the email. The Doctor's job is to keep me alive for as long as he can. If I'm still alive than he's a 10 in my book.

Most of the complaints that I read on CC about cruise lines have to do with the cutbacks that the bean counters have implemented. I rarely if ever read complaints about the service or staff no matter what cruise board I'm on.

In our local Frankie and Benny's restaurant possibly because we are regulars they often pass us an iPad to give them a review at our table.

They said their corporate expect a certain number of reviews every day!!