How to change display font?

18 minutes ago, bob278 said:

The education process is on-going.  With no action on my part, I got a notification about S.A.M.J.R's quoting my post.  But this thread did not show up in my "Content I Follow" stream.  It seems posting in a thread no longer "Subscribes (follows)" a thread automatically.  Plus there are options on notifications.

A lot more options requires more actions on our part (or blind acceptance of defaults we know nothing about).  I look forward to learning and finding out that I like it.  For now, there are quite a few problems to overcome in my opinion.  Some examples (with comments)

Default font nearly unreadable (Jenn said they are addressing - good.  I'll temporarily try to remember to bold my text)

Back to Top feature gone (but someone posted that desktops can use the Home key - good)

Can't go to first unread post in a thread (this could drive me away altogether)

Can't preview replies (a lot of editing will be going on)

Can't see a simple list of threads I am subscribed to [following]  (Using "Content I follow" under Activity gives posts for all threads I am following and I can compress that to one line.  It's a poor substitute, but at least it's something)

I want to address some of your comments

Font addressed - better?

Made note  of back to top

First unread made note

Preview Replies shouldn't be a worry because you can see your actual reply in the window.  It shows as it will reply, unlike our last platform that had coding or such that you couldn't see until you hit preview.

If you want to see a list of topics you follow - try this method

1. Click your user name near the top right of forum
  2. Choose Manage Followed Content from the menu
  3. You will see a full listing of your followed content in thread (now called topic) form 

7 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I agree with others -- I want to see different fonts, being able to chose a size and to print in different colors.

I don't think the old forum had the capability for us to choose the default display font but we could (and can do so now) select font type/size/color in our posts.  Just check the top of the reply box for options.

33 minutes ago, bob278 said:

Can't preview replies (a lot of editing will be going on)

You can do that.  In the message box where you're typing, the icon to the far right on the tool bar (looks like a piece of paper with a magnifying glass on it) gives you a preview (and a choice if you want to preview desktop, tablet, or phone view).

FWIW, I love being able to highlight a segment of a post and just quote it. 

37 minutes ago, bob278 said:

It seems posting in a thread no longer "Subscribes (follows)" a thread automatically. 

I just looked, you can turn it on in your notification settings (looks like you might need to check both of the first two boxes, I only circled one).

image.thumb.png.ea6b94023f2a0f3468705704466fdbaf.png

6 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I want to address some of your comments

Font addressed - better?  Yes, better but still has a "washed out" overall appearance.  It needs more contrast so all colors stand out.  Like the bolded word "this"

Made note  of back to top  Thank you.  It was a nice feature that overcame the fact I never knew about the home key

First unread made note  Thank you.  I'm sure I'm not alone on this one

Preview Replies shouldn't be a worry because you can see your actual reply in the window.  It shows as it will reply, unlike our last platform that had coding or such that you couldn't see until you hit preview. Noted, although I don't remember codes in my WYSIWYG option

If you want to see a list of topics you follow - try this method  But I don't want to see just a list of topics, I want to be able to go the the first unread post in the topic.  As near as I can tell, from the step 3, all I can do is manage them or go to the first page of the thread.  This is really not a substitute for subscriptions.

1. Click your user name near the top right of forum
  2. Choose Manage Followed Content from the menu
  3. You will see a full listing of your followed content in thread (now called topic) form 

Jenn,

Many thanks.  I'm sure many agree with me that we do (sort of) understand the magnitude of the effort you guys are making and will (or at least I will) try to be patient while you fix the toy we love so much.

1 minute ago, bob278 said:

Jenn,

Many thanks.  I'm sure many agree with me that we do (sort of) understand the magnitude of the effort you guys are making and will (or at least I will) try to be patient while you fix the toy we love so much.

Thank you 🙂  We appreciate the grace you all are granting us in trying to get every thing just right

6 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I just looked, you can turn it on in your notification settings (looks like you might need to check both of the first two boxes, I only circled one).

image.thumb.png.ea6b94023f2a0f3468705704466fdbaf.png

Thank you.  Perfect example of what I meant by an education process.  Someone has to teach this old dog just about every trick.  I swear I do know how to read, I just didn't go there.  And I also didn't check all the icons in the reply box to see the preview.

1 minute ago, bob278 said:

Thank you.  Perfect example of what I meant by an education process.  Someone has to teach this old dog just about every trick.  I swear I do know how to read, I just didn't go there.  And I also didn't check all the icons in the reply box to see the preview.

No problem.  I had a slow day today so I could poke around.  All I do is think "I want to do 'x'.  Where would a setting be that might do that?" and go hunting. 

9 minutes ago, Stratheden said:

I don't like reading posts with bigger fonts. Darker is fine. Everyone should use the same size font. It is almost like those with big fonts are shouting. 

Personally, I like it when someone doing a review does SOMETHING (color, size, format) different for their review posts.  It makes them easier to find. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Font has been tweaked! 

Someone working on this needs to use a cellular phone to view the "mobile friendly" results.

Sorry but the new format is still way too busy for the small screen format of a smart phone (and I'm using an iPhone 7+!!!).

in any case, while the font color on the website has been adjusted to something slightly darker, the same faded gray font is displayed in email notifications to thread subscribers. Equally unreadable for many folks. 

I agree with the others. I see improvement, and nice color choices, but I see no actual font choices (Garamond, Verdana, etc). Also, may we please have a return to seeing most recent post first? Thanks for your efforts to fix issues, and for your swift responses😊

5 hours ago, FiftyOnePlus said:

Please make text darker......can hardly read anything now!

The all-white backggets a big DISLIKE from me.  The last time y’all tried that it was a dismal failure.

Put some color on the page so us old foljs can see what’s going on.  And, while you’re at it, make the orint larger for thise of uscwho are gisually challenged.

Right now, I give this new site a D.

With this new format, where is the Legend (ex: forum contains new posts, etc).  

What does forum mean with a big dot to left of category (forum) name, and bold print?  

Will you add functionality like we had before at bottom of a forum screen, where we could jump to a different forum?   I don’t see any way to change forums once we are in a  category, now.  

Please, please, please do something with the background.  Way too much WHiTE, it  hurts my eyes.  

And finally, Thank you so much for listening to the feedback, and helping us through the new changes.    We appreciate all of the help 

4 hours ago, bob278 said:

I don't think the old forum had the capability for us to choose the default display font but we could (and can do so now) select font type/size/color in our posts.  Just check the top of the reply box for options.

I don't see the option for selecting font style/type. 

32 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Also, there’s no longer any font, font size, or font color choice for signatures. I hope this can be fixed.

Same as a post, you can change size and color in signatures.  Actual font - no

🙂

9 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Same as a post, you can change size and color in signatures.  Actual font - no

🙂

Thanks Jenn. Just checked signature again, and there’s no font size or color choice using my iPad, which is what many of us use. Actually, I have no font size or color choice for posts when using iPad either. Can these be fixed for tablets? I’ll test using my PC again tomorrow. Thanks again for your responses😊

Edited by Silkroad