How to change display font?

2 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

We hear you re: font and are working on it 🙂

Thank you

Thank you for the immediate response.

a couple of other observations from someone who exclusively used only the iOS app:

with the understanding that it may get easier with practice, understand that the old app was far easier to navigate (e.g., far less clicks to get to subscribed threads), there were notification badges on the home screen app icon, there was a "notifications" screen on the app that collected all your ongoing conversations (I guess "activity" is supposed to sort of do that).

in any case, good luck (really, I do wish you good fortune) with trying to get exclusive iOS app users to be happy with the changes.. I expect that many users will continue to hope you'll put the app back into service.

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Thank you for the immediate response.

a couple of other observations from someone who exclusively used only the iOS app:

with the understanding that it may get easier with practice, understand that the old app was far easier to navigate (e.g., far less clicks to get to subscribed threads), there were notification badges on the home screen app icon, there was a "notifications" screen on the app that collected all your ongoing conversations (I guess "activity" is supposed to sort of do that).

in any case, good luck (really, I do wish you good fortune) with trying to get exclusive iOS app users to be happy with the changes.. I expect that many users will continue to hope you'll put the app back into service.

We do appreciate the feedback.  We are not averse to having an app, we do not have one at the moment though.

I do not know whether or not we will to be quite honest but we will keep all feedback in mind

2 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Press the home button on your keyboard (assuming you're working from a desktop). 

Thank you.  Who knew it would be that simple.  And it probably always worked.  Oh the time I've wasted over the years scrollong.........

2 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Testing for red.

Red bold

Black bold

I'm pretty sure the comments are about the forum default font, not what we post.  At least that's my complaint.  I know I have some control over the font in my posts, but everything in the default is hard to read.  But Jenn has told us it is being addressed and I am confident they can come up with something that will be easier to read.

12 minutes ago, bob278 said:

I'm pretty sure the comments are about the forum default font, not what we post.  At least that's my complaint.  I know I have some control over the font in my posts, but everything in the default is hard to read.  But Jenn has told us it is being addressed and I am confident they can come up with something that will be easier to read.

Oh, I agree.  I just wanted to see what the other colors/bolding look like. 

The education process is on-going.  With no action on my part, I got a notification about S.A.M.J.R's quoting my post.  But this thread did not show up in my "Content I Follow" stream.  It seems posting in a thread no longer "Subscribes (follows)" a thread automatically.  Plus there are options on notifications.

A lot more options requires more actions on our part (or blind acceptance of defaults we know nothing about).  I look forward to learning and finding out that I like it.  For now, there are quite a few problems to overcome in my opinion.  Some examples (with comments)

Default font nearly unreadable (Jenn said they are addressing - good.  I'll temporarily try to remember to bold my text)

Back to Top feature gone (but someone posted that desktops can use the Home key - good)

Can't go to first unread post in a thread (this could drive me away altogether)

Can't preview replies (a lot of editing will be going on)

Can't see a simple list of threads I am subscribed to [following]  (Using "Content I follow" under Activity gives posts for all threads I am following and I can compress that to one line.  It's a poor substitute, but at least it's something)

6 minutes ago, bob278 said:

The education process is on-going.  With no action on my part, I got a notification about S.A.M.J.R's quoting my post.  But this thread did not show up in my "Content I Follow" stream.  It seems posting in a thread no longer "Subscribes (follows)" a thread automatically.  Plus there are options on notifications.

A lot more options requires more actions on our part (or blind acceptance of defaults we know nothing about).  I look forward to learning and finding out that I like it.  For now, there are quite a few problems to overcome in my opinion.  Some examples (with comments)

Default font nearly unreadable (Jenn said they are addressing - good.  I'll temporarily try to remember to bold my text)

Back to Top feature gone (but someone posted that desktops can use the Home key - good)

Can't go to first unread post in a thread (this could drive me away altogether)

Can't preview replies (a lot of editing will be going on)

Can't see a simple list of threads I am subscribed to [following]  (Using "Content I follow" under Activity gives posts for all threads I am following and I can compress that to one line.  It's a poor substitute, but at least it's something)

Bob .... Agree ..." Content I follow" is better than nothing!  

And I keep on learning.  I turned off notifications for this thread but got one anyway.

And I'll share something else I learned.  Posting in a thread does not subscribe/follow it automatically.  You have to select follow manually.  At least my old subscribed threads came across as followed.

Edited by bob278