Bottled Water Confiscated in Miami

I do think Royal Caribbeans water is so overpriced. I always order water on Carnival to be in my cabin when I board for $4.50 a 12 pack and Royal is $39.00, so it is not about being cheap it is about how crazy Royal is with all the nickle and diming they do to people who have already paid a good price for the cruise. Some people really save to be able to have a great cruise experience.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cruisin-Cori said:

I just wish they would offer something other than Evian water.  I have no issues paying for water on board if they carried a decent brand.

I agree.  If you get the Refreshment package or the Deluxe drink package, bottled water is included and lately, has been Ice River Springs.  If I could buy a case of that or a 12 pack at a reasonable price, we would buy it every time.  With the prices increasing on the drink packages, we will no longer be buying the refreshment package on all of our sailings.  We will only buy on the ones with lots of sea days or if we go to Coco Cay or Labadee.

• Like 1

The ship tap water has salt in it.  The bottled water has added minerals including salt.  Anyone on low sodium diets should not drink it.  I have used a Brita filters in the past and will be buying a Zero water filter soon.  I suggest this option to anyone who does not like or shouldn't drink the water provided or available on ship board. The filters really work and are no trouble-just run in the water.  Bring a bottle of water or two to refill.

1 minute ago, brandy3415 said:

The ship tap water has salt in it.  The bottled water has added minerals including salt.  Anyone on low sodium diets should not drink it.  I have used a Brita filters in the past and will be buying a Zero water filter soon.  I suggest this option to anyone who does not like or shouldn't drink the water provided or available on ship board. The filters really work and are no trouble-just run in the water.  Bring a bottle of water or two to refill.

If that works for you, go for it, I bought a Brita bottle and hated the taste of the water.  I will stick with bottled spring water.

I totally agree about the price Royal Caribbean charges for water.  We always buy the 12 pack of water when cruising with Princess. It's delivered to our room with no problems.  We drank the water on the ship, and it was fine, but sometimes I prefer a bottle so it doesn't spill. If Royal Caribbean wants to pay two employees to write us a receipt for the water, wrap the six pack with tape, store it during the cruise, and then have cabin stewards deliver to the room the last night, I guess they think that must be cost effective. I could understand if it was a $50 bottle of alcohol, but I guess rules are rules. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nessa55 said:

I do think Royal Caribbeans water is so overpriced. I always order water on Carnival to be in my cabin when I board for $4.50 a 12 pack and Royal is $39.00, so it is not about being cheap it is about how crazy Royal is with all the nickle and diming they do to people who have already paid a good price for the cruise. Some people really save to be able to have a great cruise experience.

As it's Evian really not overpriced. It's the larger bottles, not small ones you get on Carnival. At reg store it's $12-14 a six pack, so $24-26 for 12, or much as $4.00ea retail if bought individually. Royal charging $39 for 12 isn't as much profit margin as other things. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

As it's Evian really not overpriced. At reg store it's $12-14 a six pack, so $24-26 for 12. Royal charging $39 for 12 isn't as much profit margin as other things. 

Okay to each his own, I pay $3.99 for a case of 35 bottles of water at my local Safeway, don't even like the taste of Evian, just paying for the name in my humble opinion. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Right, because people can't wait to come here and post about what rules they break and how they go about getting away with it.

I do agree with you, I hate when people are so happy about how they get over, are you really getting over and for what, especially people who have gotten so ingenious about how they sneak on booze and that is why we cannot even bring bottled water onto some cruises, only cans. If your getting over just enjoy it while it last and don't brag about it.

20 minutes ago, Nessa55 said:

Okay to each his own, I pay $3.99 for a case of 35 bottles of water at my local Safeway, don't even like the taste of Evian, just paying for the name in my humble opinion. 

One of few things liked on NCL was they had a Pepsi Pop bottle and Water Bottle vending machine, don't care for Soda Fountain drinks myself. Though do miss days when Soda Pop was free at mealtime on Royal

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Right, because people can't wait to come here and post about what rules they break and how they go about getting away with it.

Well, CC forums is all about sharing tips.

On 10/17/2018 at 10:05 PM, gerif said:

Exactly. Some people are just all about me. That’s how this privilege was revoked last time. 

If/when the privilege is taken away, it won't be that a few people tried to beat the system by smuggling an extra bottle or two, it'll be because too many people are bringing on 2 bottles and sales of bottled wine are plummeting in the MDR.

Or because NCL and Carnival pulled the privilege first.

13 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I agree.  If you get the Refreshment package or the Deluxe drink package, bottled water is included and lately, has been Ice River Springs.  If I could buy a case of that or a 12 pack at a reasonable price, we would buy it every time.  With the prices increasing on the drink packages, we will no longer be buying the refreshment package on all of our sailings.  We will only buy on the ones with lots of sea days or if we go to Coco Cay or Labadee.

Wait, are you saying that they are not using Evian anymore????  I will be thrilled if that is accurate.  Cant stand the taste of Evian, tastes like pool water.  I did buy the refreshment package and was just planning on bringing some Mio to drown out the disgusting taste of the water!  

I'm the wine drinker so two bottles in my carry on will work just fine.

3 minutes ago, Wilda said:

Wait, are you saying that they are not using Evian anymore????  I will be thrilled if that is accurate.  Cant stand the taste of Evian, tastes like pool water.  I did buy the refreshment package and was just planning on bringing some Mio to drown out the disgusting taste of the water!  

I'm the wine drinker so two bottles in my carry on will work just fine.

Evian was never included in the refreshment o delux package.  

One of the reasons cruise lines are looking more at bottle water than in the past is many times it is not water. Water bottles have been used by terrorist in the past, and that is one reason many Airports and cruise ports look at them. But a much more common thing water bottles are use for is to bring clear alcohol on the ships, vodka, rum and gin to list a few look the same as water in the bottles. 

Many cruise lines do not have the time to check water bottles to see if they are really just water. Look for more restrictions on water in the future.