Live From the Star Princess Hawaii R/T November 4, 2018

Woobstr112G

Someone just posted yesterday 

Future Cruise Consultant on the Regal said today that Star will be going to SF in 2020.

Golden will run 14-day Alaska RTs out of LA all summer.

Pacific will run the Voyage of the Glaciers route. Sign me up for that.

P.S. That's from memory. Hope I didn't get anything wrong.

Jim

1 minute ago, cruisin'low said:

To have the CC Boards down yesterday without a prior word to the members, seemed very inconsiderate. However, maybe it was not planned and they had no control.

Regardless, we are up and running now and I also will be boarding the Star today with Bob and Holli. So looking forward to this cruise.

Ann;

See you onboard.....🙂🙂🙂

Bob

2 minutes ago, bmench said:

Someone just posted yesterday 

Future Cruise Consultant on the Regal said today that Star will be going to SF in 2020.

Golden will run 14-day Alaska RTs out of LA all summer.

Pacific will run the Voyage of the Glaciers route. Sign me up for that.

P.S. That's from memory. Hope I didn't get anything wrong.

Jim

I thought they were both going to P&O?.....

Bob

9 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Ann;

See you onboard.....🙂🙂🙂

Bob

Yes Bob, see you soon. We leave Orange County about 10:30 for the relativity short drive to the pier. Will not be long now.

By the way, do you realize that you past 37,000 posts either yesterday or today???  Congrats.

Edited by cruisin'low

BON VOYAGE HOLLI AND BOB!!!!   I will be following along as I have two cruises book on Star for 2019.    Both cruises are round trip out of LA so I also enjoyed your pre-cruise postings as well.   April we are going to Alaska and in December we are doing the same cruise as you to Hawaii.   Have a terrific time!!!    Oh a side note, after 38 years.....RETIREMENT gets my vote!!!!! 🙂 

17 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Thanks for taking the time to write this “live from” thread. If possible I’d really appreciate photos of GS balcony. 

I'll post a picture or two when we get onboard.  I also sailed in the GS on the CB.  Click on the below link for a bunch of pictures of the GS and the balcony.....🙂🙂🙂

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25882507@N08/29259215293/in/album-72157673343692826/

Bob

Ok Bob   I'm placing my order for one case of Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts and a few dozen ripe Pineapples.   I'm sure the suite can accommodate them.    😁   Only kidding.

The two of you have fun.   

Joe and Jak

Preparing to enjoy yet another of your Live From's. Thanks so much for taking the time and trouble to do it! We've been on some of the same cruises as you in the past and it's always fun to get home and read your input on the voyage. (We quit doing M&G's a few years ago but need to get back in the habit.)

From one of the other posts it looks like you're on the Sky next Fall as well. See you then - if not before. Bon voyage and smooth sailing!!

42 minutes ago, waltd said:

Ok Bob   I'm placing my order for one case of Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts and a few dozen ripe Pineapples.   I'm sure the suite can accommodate them.    😁   Only kidding.

The two of you have fun.   

Joe and Jak

Thanks Joe.  We’ve been looking forward to it since I booked a short 464 days ago.  Say hi to Jax from Holli & I.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

An early good afternoon from the Star Princess. We’ve been onboard for a couple of hours.  Embarkation, while relatively quick, was rife with Princess shore reps who gave conflicting and confusing. Information.  We’ve obviously beat our bags here.  Have yet to see our cabin steward.  It’s finally real, we are here.  One quick thing about the GS.  The TV’s are new but not interactive.  The sound system and DVD player is gone as well.  It does look like however they allow you to Switch between live TV and HDMI#1.  Only thing is you guessed it, I brought coax only:classic_sad:.  When I see my steward I’m going to see if he can rustle me up a cable.  I’m hoping that a few Andrew J’s will make his search successful.....:classic_biggrin::classic_smile::classic_biggrin:.

Bob

I'm so excited to follow along on your cruise!  I'll be doing this cruise in Feb on the Emerald.  If possible, and after you get settled, would it be possible for you to post the first day Patter?  Thanks, and can't wait to follow along and see your pics!

12 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

I'll post a picture or two when we get onboard.  I also sailed in the GS on the CB.  Click on the below link for a bunch of pictures of the GS and the balcony.....🙂🙂🙂

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25882507@N08/29259215293/in/album-72157673343692826/

Bob

Thanks Bob those are wonderful pictures.