Trying Every Drink on the Martini Menu

miched

I think everyone with a premium drink pack at first has the intention of going down the list on the Martini Menu and trying or having every drink 

I will try a few and then look at the list and skip some  because they just don’t appeal to me  because it looks the same as the one that I had  except for using gin instead of vodka or vice versa and I didn’t like it  

After trying a few it it is narrowed down to a short list of a very few that I end up with because I like the classic or something that isn’t a variation of a fruit punch that uses vodka or gin instead of rum.  I do occasionally enjoy one of the desert martinis or a espresso martini.

Have any of you ever went down the entire list trying all of them, or do you do the same as I do?

Now the World Class Bar is a lttle different as there aren’t many to chose from and the list gets short very fast because I will take a walk and dump it if I don’t like it.   I have also done the same at the Martini Bar.  I don’t want to drink something that I don’t like.  

That brings up another question.  If you ordered a drink from the Martini Bar and didn’t like it, were you able to tell the BT that you didnt like iable to order  a different one? 

Drink up 🍻🍺🍸🍷🥂🍾

Edited by miched

I ordered a drink once ... told the waiter I don't like Mint, I don't like rum and I don't like sweet drinks ....

He must have misunderstood because he brought me a sweet, minty rum drink ... bleck ... I just couldn't do it.  I hate to waste but that was just disgusting.  I asked him, very politely, to not bring a drink like that to me the next time around.  

26 minutes ago, miched said:

I think everyone with a premium drink pack at first has the intention of going down the list on the Martini Menu and trying or having every drink 

I will try a few and then look at the list and skip some  because they just don’t appeal to me  because it looks the same as the one that I had  except for using gin instead of vodka or vice versa and I didn’t like it  

After trying a few it it is narrowed down to a short list of a very few that I end up with because I like the classic or something that isn’t a variation of a fruit punch that uses vodka or gin instead of rum.  I do occasionally enjoy one of the desert martinis or a espresso martini.

Have any of you ever went down the entire list trying all of them, or do you do the same as I do?

Now the World Class Bar is a lttle different as there aren’t many to chose from and the list gets short very fast because I will take a walk and dump it if I don’t like it.   I have also done the same at the Martini Bar.  I don’t want to drink something that I don’t like.  

That brings up another question.  If you ordered a drink from the Martini Bar and didn’t like it, were you able to tell the BT that you didnt like iable to order  a different one? 

Drink up 🍻🍺🍸🍷🥂🍾

Not everyone. We went down the list and only ordered the ones that we thought we might like. Probably tried a dozen or so. Only reordered about half of them. Didn’t even bother going back the last couple of days. We enjoyed the Sunset Bar more.

I tried a few. People close to us in the dining room had been to a cocktail party and appletini's or something were mentioned .  .  . rocket fuel. The barmen knew us and watched my face 😁😁. Passport Bar it was. I had a waiter there who made my cosmo's just right every evening. Went into a little room and came out with nectar. Wouldn't let the barman make them. Very nice bunch of people.

The one I had in the Martini Bar was left on the bar after a sip. 

Could just fancy a Mudslide!

I have also found that the  BTs at the Sunset Bar are usually the best for making  a drink the way I like it.    We usually spend most of our drinking time there.   Nothing like sitting there in the late evening where it isn’t crowded enjoying the peaceful quiet night gazing at the sky or lights in the distance from the islands or passing ships.  

Don’t understand why they  need that very loud DJ banging  on the electronic drums at the Martini Bar.   All of the Martini Bars that I went to are usually quiet or have a Jazz band that plays as background music.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

With the best intentions in the world of cruising we usually don't make it to the Martini Bar.  We really have to get out of our comfort zone of Cellar Masters and Michaels Club.  This next cruise on Reflection we have vowed to try the Martini Bar again, World Class Bar and Sunset Bar.  We do hit the sunset bar at lunch time but it is always a glass, or 2, of wine.🍷🍸🍹🍺🥂

Have to agree about the Martini Bar. Scrum.

We used to go down to the Passport Bar about 17.00 for a cocktail before dinner. Early dinner! Afterwards we would go to Cafe Bacio for one of their special coffee's and go back to sit on our balcony watching the wake.

Other bars were visited during the day but we like to stick with one really.

Can honestly say we've never spent time in the Martini Bar. Two reasons:

1. Neither of us like Martinis. BBQ starter.

2. Usually waaaay too crowded and noisy.

I think we're both past the age where we think it's either fun or advisable to drink our way thru an entire menu. Have no problem trying something new every day or 2, but we both know what we like, and generally are happy to stick with that.

I have tried a few martinis on the menu. I also order some off menu and also have the bartender suggest a few not on the menu. Some I have loved and others not as much. Fun to try new things and with premium package I can do that. 

Laura

I tried the entire menu at the World Class Bar,  Blu and SO5.  But there are quite a few Martinis I dont like so at that bar I just stick to the ones I like.  SO5 has some very good cocktails that I wish we could get elsewhere.  I have been able to persuade the bartenders at the World Class Bar to make them occasionally but its not always a sure thing.

And I have no trouble telling the bartender I don't like a drink and asking them to make me another.  They don't care. They want to keep you happy and they don't have a problem making you another drink.

Edited by TFLG

We're not big fans of the martini bar either and much prefer the WCB where we have tried most of the offerings on the menu.  Usually I will order 1 and DH will order something different so we can sample each other's drink and swap if necessary.  We have also found that the restaurants have their own signature cocktails as well.  There is some sort of peach cocktail in Luminae that is sooo good, I can't recall the name, and Sushi on 5 also has a spicy lime cocktail that was awesome as well.

1 minute ago, TFLG said:

I tried the entire menu at the World Class Bar,  Blu and SO5.  But there are quite a few Martinis I dont like so at that bar I just stick to the ones I like.  SO5 has some very good cocktails that I wish we could get elsewhere.  I have been able to persuade the bartenders at the World Class Bar to make them occasionally but its not always a sure thing.

On one ship we were also able to get those drinks.  Like you said it depends on the BT.  That BT got a very genorous TIP in cash.  We were told by the MC host that if they receive cash they can keep it, If it is added to a slip it goes into a pool.   

Some are very friendly and accommodating    One was like a Gestapo.  She wouldnt deviate or change anything.  Had a very bad and nasty attitude,  not very friendly.  Sbe kept us away from that bar.   It was always empty when we walked past.  

Drink up🥂🍸🍷🍺🍾

Haven't tried every drink on the menu at the martini bar, but have tried enough to find several I like!  Favorites are a regular dirty martini, the frescatini, and the chocolatini after dinner.  We enjoy the martini bar, have fun watching the flair bartenders (favorite was Bekir on the Reflection in the med a few years ago) and have met some really nice people there!  Our next favorite bar is the Sunset Bar...stayed with Alaskan beers at the Sunset on the Solstice this past summer.  They were good!

Just out of interest, has the craze for flavoured or 'special' artisanal gin here in the UK arrived in the USA/Foreign Parts or is it over?

I have fallen for rhubarb gin. It is the most wonderful stuff!

Shame it is not rhubarb season but next spring I will make a dozen bottles. It is that good! Have used frozen and it works as well. I am trying not to make too much as I will drink it😀😀 it is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Having a sip now which is why I can't spell artisanal. artisinal artisanel. Whatever.

You just have time to make it for Christmas!

Edited by morbihan

On 11/10/2018 at 4:42 PM, mom says said:

Can honestly say we've never spent time in the Martini Bar. Two reasons:

1. Neither of us like Martinis. BBQ starter.

2. Usually waaaay too crowded and noisy.

I think we're both past the age where we think it's either fun or advisable to drink our way thru an entire menu. Have no problem trying something new every day or 2, but we both know what we like, and generally are happy to stick with that.

You do know that the martini bar isn't just the old fashioned gin and vermouth and an olive?   That's what I thought at first too, but it's really just cocktails in a martini glass.  I like the sweet fruity ones.  Or the chocolate ones!  

Our fav bar though has turned out to be the World Class Bar.  Best cocktails and they are consistent.  Martini Bar was fun for a few cruises but it's just so LOUD.  You have to scream to talk to the person next to you.  World Class bar we could visit with people and the bartender and have a great conversation.  Reflection World Class Bar is our favorite.  

On 11/10/2018 at 5:16 PM, miched said:

I have also found that the  BTs at the Sunset Bar are usually the best for making  a drink the way I like it.    We usually spend most of our drinking time there.   Nothing like sitting there in the late evening where it isn’t crowded enjoying the peaceful quiet night gazing at the sky or lights in the distance from the islands or passing ships.  

Don’t understand why they  need that very loud DJ banging  on the electronic drums at the Martini Bar.   All of the Martini Bars that I went to are usually quiet or have a Jazz band that plays as background music.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes x 1000 on the loud DJ. So obnoxious! Ruined a few good times in the martini bar for us on Equinox in January.

13 hours ago, ClaudiaB said:

You do know that the martini bar isn't just the old fashioned gin and vermouth and an olive?   That's what I thought at first too, but it's really just cocktails in a martini glass.  I like the sweet fruity ones.  Or the chocolate ones!  

Our fav bar though has turned out to be the World Class Bar.  Best cocktails and they are consistent.  Martini Bar was fun for a few cruises but it's just so LOUD.  You have to scream to talk to the person next to you.  World Class bar we could visit with people and the bartender and have a great conversation.  Reflection World Class Bar is our favorite.  

I'm in agreement with you.  The WCB is quiet and has friendly bartenders and delicious libations.  We always struggle to find seats at the Martini Bar before dinner.

On 11/10/2018 at 3:32 PM, miched said:

Drink up 🍻🍺🍸🍷🥂🍾

I have ordered a drink from the Martini Bar, as well as other bars on board, and didn't like it.  I told the bartender and they were happy to make me something else, no questions asked.  Of course, I did this after one or two sips of the drink and gave them the one I didn't like.

We usually have a favorite bar on our cruises, but it isn't always the same one.  On our last Celebrity cruise we loved the Martini Bar and did not experience what others have said about loud music/drumming.  However, there were times that it was full but we found a nice corner table and enjoyed it very nicely.  We also loved Cellar Masters, we spent a lot of time here as well and found some new favorite wines, never found this area to be overcrowded.

Edited by dporter