ms Koningsdam and Nieuw Amsterdam in Port Everglades November 11, 2018

Scrapnana

7 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

good morning..We're in Ft Lauderdale to board koningsdam!  We are on a delayed embarkation schedule due to a USCG inspection.... the ship has just returned from Europe.   Boarding is supposed to begin at 1pm with those of priority and for uppermost decks, then deck 8 at 1:30, etc until main deck at 3pm.  I am expecting a departure later than the scheduled 5pm.

Our informal M&G is planned for aft right after muster drill, so the roll call might be there for sailaway.  I forgot to bring my flag, and shame on me on Veterans Day!  Remembering all the veterans today including my WW2 dad,  my navy career son, my Iraq war army son and my 2X Iraq deployed marines godson.  Blessing to all those serving at peace and in harms way.

Maureen 

Are you going to wave to us as you leave?

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

they will be inside looking out on K'dam and outside wishing they were in, on NA

That's right, I had forgotten.  We were in the upper dining room on K'dam.  I guess it will be the same on the NS.  Much more comfortable, but then we had to have a wander and locate our lifeboat.

1 minute ago, Vict0riann said:

That's right, I had forgotten.  We were in the upper dining room on K'dam.  I guess it will be the same on the NS.  Much more comfortable, but then we had to have a wander and locate our lifeboat.

I also wandered out to see my lifeboat and discovered what they meant about the narrow 'walking' deck.

16 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Jacqui, do you have a new dog?  Or is Master Marley still considered a "puppy"?  :classic_cool:

Yes, Anne, we have a new puppy.  He's on 'trial' - LOL.  Master Marley seems to be getting along with him quite well so far.

We lost Fox - she had a heart attack at 3:30 in the morning and died with me.  There was no time for a vet call.  She was gone in two minutes.  Marley has been desolate as he is the only dog and not only missed her, but now had no company. 😞 

So my vet had two of these puppies and told me how great their temperament was.  So Miko is here now with Marley.

Miko is on the left in the bottom pic.  Marley is on the right.  Miko will grow to be big enough to play with him.

IMG_4641.thumb.JPG.9bbd827cfb18517430e66ecc1e2baa63.JPGIMG_4652.thumb.JPG.b3c2820c1b11cc66786a09ecf7014ed6.JPG

Do you get actual lifeboat assignments on the Kdam.  As chengkp75 always says the muster drill is about accountability, not evacuation, and in an emergency the crew would lead people to the appropriate lifeboats, which should be very close.

Strangely, on the Grandeur we muster under the lifeboats but there are 16 lifeboats and only 10 muster stations so it may not be a truly one to one relationship.

Roy

1 minute ago, Vict0riann said:

I think there was a sign in our room telling us which lifeboat - but I imagine you're right, Roy, and if the ship is tilting, you'd just go for the closest!

Not really Ann; you go to where you're directed by the officers on boat deck; if not you're gonna have a lot of fine folks trying to get in one, the closest, boat