ms Koningsdam and Nieuw Amsterdam in Port Everglades November 11, 2018

Scrapnana

November 11, 2018 is the 100th anniversary of the armistice to end what was then called "The Great War".  Whether you call this day Remembrance Day, Armistice Day, or Veteran's Day, it is the time to give special recognition to all the people who have served in the military.

November 11th brings six cruise ships to Port Everglades.  Koningsdam will be at Pier 26 (Port to) from 0430-1700.  She is embarking on a 10-day Southern Caribbean Seafarer cruise.

45141372151_1d6332b882_z.jpg

Sunday, November 11

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Monday, November 12

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Tuesday, November 13

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands

Wednesday, November 14

Amber Cove, Dominican Republic

Thursday, November 15

At Sea

Friday, November 16

Bonaire

Saturday, November 17

Curacao

Sunday, November 18

Aruba

Monday, November 19

At Sea

Tuesday, November 20

At Sea

Wednesday, November 21

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Nieuw Amsterdam will be at Pier 19 (Starboard to) from 0515-1700.  She is headed out on a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise which includes Nassau, a port HAL visits infrequently.

43326591520_fee01a41de_z.jpg

Sunday, November 11

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Monday, November 12

Nassau, Bahamas

Tuesday, November 13

At Sea

Wednesday, November 14

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Thursday, November 15

St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Friday, November 16

At Sea

Saturday, November 17

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Sunday, November 18

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Also in port are Regal Princess at Pier 2 (0500-1600), Caribbean Princess at Pier 4 (0530-1600), Independence OTS at Pier 18 (0445-1700), and Majesty OTS at Pier 29 (0415-1600).

The PTZtv webcams can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com and https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com  .

Eurodam will be in San Diego departing at 1700 ( webcam - sundiegolive.com).

For the addicts:  On Monday, November12 Nieuw Amsterdam will be in Nassau 0800-1600 ( https://www.portnassauwebcam.com) and Prinsendam in St. Maarten 0800-1700 (https://www.portstmaartenwebcam.com ).

Next up: Zuiderdam on Wednesday the 14th.

• Thanks 1

good morning..We're in Ft Lauderdale to board koningsdam!  We are on a delayed embarkation schedule due to a USCG inspection.... the ship has just returned from Europe.   Boarding is supposed to begin at 1pm with those of priority and for uppermost decks, then deck 8 at 1:30, etc until main deck at 3pm.  I am expecting a departure later than the scheduled 5pm.

Our informal M&G is planned for aft right after muster drill, so the roll call might be there for sailaway.  I forgot to bring my flag, and shame on me on Veterans Day!  Remembering all the veterans today including my WW2 dad,  my navy career son, my Iraq war army son and my 2X Iraq deployed marines godson.  Blessing to all those serving at peace and in harms way.

Maureen 

I'm going to try to catch some of this in between 'puppy watching'.  Gotta keep your eyes out all the time 😉

Kathi, I loved your dedication to the veterans and those that fought for our freedom at the beginning. Lest We Forget ❤️