Must I eat in Blue if Aqua?

danielbriere

We recently upgraded to Aqua for a coming cruise. Looking forward to it, of course.

However ...

We are a large party and had a table of 10 reserved in the main dining room. Haven't been able to get an answer whether that would still be held or if our Aqua status now forces us into Blu every night. The latter sounds wonderful but I'm a little concerned we'll never be able to get a table that sized in there each night and we really want to dine together.

Anybody know?

Appreciate any help any of you Aqua veterans can offer.

No, you can eat where you wish! (But we have never been able to tear ourselves OUT OF BLU! It's too good!). 

If the remainder of your party has not upgraded to Aqua, they will not be allowed in Blu. Only Aqua (and suites when space is available) are permitted to dine in Blu. Believe me... it's not a hardship to dine in Blu! LOL!  Talk to the Maitre de when you get on board and see if a table for 10 can be arranged each night. But as I said, the others in the party must also have upgraded to Aqua.

We've been in Blu many times and there are just a couple large tables but I think they're just for 6, maybe 8?   However, the tables otherwise are very close together.  You could talk to them about sitting in the same area and it's really literally like being at the same table.  If you have 5 tables together every night, even if they're not pushed together, you would still be 'together.'  And you could switch around every night.  The very back of the room has some bench/booth type seating which would work very well.  

If you're staying in an AQ cabin, the very best benefit arguably is Blu, so it would be a shame to waste that.  

You have to understand that your assigned dining room in AQ is Blu.  You do not have a seat assigned for you in the MDR, you can eat in there but logistically it may take some work to have a table for 10 set up for someone who is not assigned to that dining room.

2 minutes ago, ClaudiaB said:

We've been in Blu many times and there are just a couple large tables but I think they're just for 6, maybe 8?   However, the tables otherwise are very close together.  You could talk to them about sitting in the same area and it's really literally like being at the same table.  If you have 5 tables together every night, even if they're not pushed together, you would still be 'together.'  And you could switch around every night.  The very back of the room has some bench/booth type seating which would work very well.  

If you're staying in an AQ cabin, the very best benefit arguably is Blu, so it would be a shame to waste that.  

Only 2 of the party of 10 is AQ, so getting a large table in Blu is not the issue -- being able for the two to dine in the MDR with their friends is the issue.  My experience is most people want my time dining, and the 2nd seating, there will be empty tables, so I don't think getting your table for 8 or 10 during the 2nd seating will be an issue.

10 minutes ago, danielbriere said:

your point about eating in Blu is perfectly valid. We are all in Aqua and want to enjoy that experience, it's just a question about eating together. Has anyone had success working with the maitre'd to facilitate something like this?

On our last cruise, there were two parties of 10 in Blu for dinner.  The staff reserved the same area each evening for them.  However, if only 6 showed up for dinner, those other 4 settings were filled with other guests.  When you arrive on board, head to Blu and make the request.  

Edited by keesar

I wonder if the OP and their party are on a M-class or S-class ship.  But I've seen parties of ten and even larger essentially seated together on both Blu and Luminae on both M- and S-class ships.  The party may be divided into two groups of six and four, but the tables will be relatively close together.  

It seems that generally an itinerary is skewed toward either most passengers wanting to dine early or most passengers wanting to dine late.   The OP should be aware that the Blu maitre 'd may ask them to dine during the slower time (i.e., if the bulk of passengers want to dine late than the OP's group may be asked to dine early).   

1 hour ago, danielbriere said:

Thanks Keesar, that's incredibly reassuring to hear that they would do that. 

The question remains, are all 10 passengers booked in Aqua Class, or just the 2 of you?

If just the 2 of you, the other 8 passengers can not dine in Blu with you.

1 minute ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The question remains, are all 10 passengers booked in Aqua Class, or just the 2 of you?

If just the 2 of you, the other 8 passengers can not dine in Blu with you.

As I interpret the OP's post #8 on this thread, it appears that all are in Aqua staterooms. Hopefully they will clarify again.

We were in Aqua in our last cruise,  there was a large group 9-10 that wanted to dine together.  The first few nights they were seated together near the entrance, but due to complaints of the noise they created the Hostess moved them to the back where those of us had to endure their loud conversation.  

If your in the midst of a large group where everyone is talking and trying to be heard at a long table or across a large table it may be fun for the  group but it isn’t pleasant for the rest seated in the same area.

Please keep that in mind so your fellow guests can enjoy their evening as week.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

I was confused too since in the OP they said they had a table for ten in MDR

Hi Don, me too.  I assumed from the post he was going to Blu and the rest of them were in the MDR.  ???

I've been in Blu many times on both the M & S-Class  with tables for 8/10, and I can recall only one table that would convert to a 10-top.  That was on the S-Class.

4 hours ago, danielbriere said:

WestLakeGirl, your point about eating in Blu is perfectly valid. We are all in Aqua and want to enjoy that experience, it's just a question about eating together. Has anyone had success working with the maitre'd to facilitate something like this?

As long as you are all Aqua contact the Maitre'd in Blu when you board.   They should be able to accommodate you but more than likely at a very early or very late time.   We sailed on Summit once and met up with a bunch of other AQ passengers.  we had a table for 9 set every night in Blu but we had to eat no later than 615.

Steve

We were in Aqua and had a reserved table in the main dining room since our friends were not in Aqua.

On all the cruises I have been on, early dining was the hardest to get.  It sounds like yu want that time; make sure it is reserved early.

A month ago we were on the Equinox in Blu, there was a group for 40 and they came each night late, like 9pm or later. Arista sat them on the far left side of Blu. Point is they are all Aqua they will be seated. Talk to her or Linda and they will take of you. Here is how bad first night was. The group came at 945 pm and asked to be seated together. They were from Brazil I think, but Arista and Linda worked it out. They are the best. If you work with them 10 will be no problem, just get with one of them early on first night. 

Have fun.