Horizon Havana Cabana

2xsin12mths

Well we did it...we booked a Havana Cabana and now my husband wants every cruise to be in a Havana room. It is AMAZING! Just off the 6 day cruise out of Miami yesterday. We were on a ship with 4,000+ and felt like we were on a ship of 100. Obviously we will not be cruising in Havana every time since currently only Vista and Horizon have that option but what an amazing experience. From the room, to the walkout balcony to the hot tubs/pool to the Havana bar it was awesome! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We did the Vista Havana with an Aft Wrap, loved it.

Just booked the Horizon, same cabin for a Southern 8 day ABC Cruise for 2020.

Can't wait.

After this upcoming cruise on the Magic, I think it will be Havana only for us.

We did the Magic as we are taking our adult Children and celebrating our daughters 21st, we just could not afford all of us

in the Havana.

4 hours ago, thesmiths said:

We did the Vista Havana with an Aft Wrap, loved it.

Just booked the Horizon, same cabin for a Southern 8 day ABC Cruise for 2020.

Can't wait.

After this upcoming cruise on the Magic, I think it will be Havana only for us.

We did the Magic as we are taking our adult Children and celebrating our daughters 21st, we just could not afford all of us

in the Havana.

ummmm, there are not Havana cabana rooms on the magic......

2 minutes ago, kona_wahine said:

I’m afraid we will be totally spoiled in April when we have the Havana Cabana closest to the pools. Can’t wait!

We have people who travel with in our group cruises who after experiencing the Havana Cabanas now say "no more blue towels"   

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I think we would go bananas in a Havana cabana, if I could wear a bandana, it would be like nirvana.

Sorry.

But that is one type of cabin I would like to explore eventually...

It is almost like being on a separate cruise within a cruise.  It ROCKS

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 8:18 PM, 2xsin12mths said:

Well we did it...we booked a Havana Cabana and now my husband wants every cruise to be in a Havana room. It is AMAZING! Just off the 6 day cruise out of Miami yesterday. We were on a ship with 4,000+ and felt like we were on a ship of 100. Obviously we will not be cruising in Havana every time since currently only Vista and Horizon have that option but what an amazing experience. From the room, to the walkout balcony to the hot tubs/pool to the Havana bar it was awesome! 

We were on this cruise too!  In the Havana!  Trying to figure out who you are based on your location.  Did we hang out in the hot tub the last day and sit across from you on the tender in Grand Cayman?

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Question...the CC reviewer said there is some noise at night from the Havana Bar...what is your experience?

We stayed in 5239 on the Horizon, the cabana that’s closet to the pool area. As far as the noise from the bar is concerned, if we opened the patio door we could obviously hear it, but with the door closed you really couldn’t hear it at all. Only if you really tried. Those patio doors are great for blocking out sound. 

• Like 1

Question... we will be in a Havana Cabana room on Panorama in 2020. I think I had heard that the Havana bar was reserved for Havana guests but only during the day... is the pool area also reserved for Havana guests only or is it available to the entire ship?

7 hours ago, ctlyf said:

Question... we will be in a Havana Cabana room on Panorama in 2020. I think I had heard that the Havana bar was reserved for Havana guests but only during the day... is the pool area also reserved for Havana guests only or is it available to the entire ship?

The pool area is reserved for Havana guests during the day; up until 7 pm. The Havana bar is never reserved just for Havana guests. It is open to everyone, all day long. 

It won us over to give Carnival a try. I am looking forward to our Horizon cruise in June.

Can you take the brown towels off ship or do they have blue towels for that? RCCL has gotten super towel strict you check them out and you check them in but if you don't turn them in on the RIGHT card you get a surprise charge. Is Carnival like that too?

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 6:18 PM, 2xsin12mths said:

We bit the bullet and booked a Havana Cabana for our April cruise on the Vista.  I'm afraid I will have spoiled myself terribly and will never want anything BUT a HC. Thanks for the good review.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, the DW and I will be in a Havana Cabana next month (FEB,2019), and I'm just now finding out that you can't lock or unlock the balcony door from the outside! is this true? That was one of the selling points for booking the room we did, to be able to just walk out our cabin, and head for the pools, and or hot tubs...:classic_ohmy:

8 minutes ago, Jagman714 said:

So, the DW and I will be in a Havana Cabana next month (FEB,2019), and I'm just now finding out that you can't lock or unlock the balcony door from the outside! is this true? That was one of the selling points for booking the room we did, to be able to just walk out our cabin, and head for the pools, and or hot tubs...:classic_ohmy:

Which ship