Nite Lites

First Aider

3 minutes ago, First Aider said:

We are on the Escape in Feb. and I was wondering if the ship has a nite lite that automatically goes on for you at night? RC Anthem has that so we didn't have to bring a nite lite!

Nothing provided but you can leave TV on to give some illumination 

I always leave the bathroom light on and close the door or leave is slightly ajar. I do this in hotels as well. I traveled a lot in my job and it is a habit I picked up after thousands of hotel stays.

Having said that, I think when we were on the Pearl, they had a bathroom night light that you could leave on. (might have been a different cruise line ship but I think it was the Pearl).

We just plug in one of our mini 2 LED or 3 LED battery lights, USB-powered, using one of the spare USB charger/port or standalone power bank (those "lipstick" power tube are great, about the size of an AA rechargeable battery) - find a corner, edge & it's all good, bright enough for a safe walk path to the bathroom in a dark cabin. 

Find/buy them on eBay/Amazon for as little as $1 each, free shipping - we got 1/2 doz. of dual and 1/2 doz. of triple LED's, toss them into our travel gadget pouches ... even better than those portable tea lights.  ( ... in use with an iPhone/mini iPad adapter/charger)   Virtually no extra weight nor need to find space in the carry-on luggage to bring these along. 

IMG180527_LED_Pwr_Pack_C.jpg

On 11/21/2018 at 11:45 AM, pete_coach said:

I always leave the bathroom light on and close the door or leave is slightly ajar. I do this in hotels as well. I traveled a lot in my job and it is a habit I picked up after thousands of hotel stays.

Having said that, I think when we were on the Pearl, they had a bathroom night light that you could leave on. (might have been a different cruise line ship but I think it was the Pearl).

That is exactly what we have always done: same in hotels. I would imagine most of us do it this way. 

2 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

That is exactly what we have always done: same in hotels. I would imagine most of us do it this way. 

Not according to the posts....tea lights, led's, TV on etc. LOL  Slightly open bathroom door costs nothing and don't need to pack anything 🙂

3 hours ago, pete_coach said:

Not according to the posts....tea lights, led's, TV on etc. LOL  Slightly open bathroom door costs nothing and don't need to pack anything 🙂

3 hours ago, pete_coach said:

well I guess we could keep a running tab to see how many do it one way and how many another. Sounds to me like you and I agree, leaving the bathroom door ajar is the best way and yes, even cheaper 

• Like 1