RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, Issyalex said:

Does anyone know if Royal up has been rolled out to U.K. cruisers? 

I'd be interested too.  Now that the ships are making their way over to Europe for the Summer has anyone in Europe had a Royal Up offer? 

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I'd be interested too.  Now that the ships are making their way over to Europe for the Summer has anyone in Europe had a Royal Up offer? 

I'm sailing June 16 on Jewel of the Seas Greek Isles cruise and received a Royal Up email.

15 hours ago, sgmn said:

I'm sailing on 22 June Jewel sailing.  I had an offer last week.  Sailing solo, minimum bid was $400 pp, so $800 for me for a balcony.  I think not!  Offer came via my US based TA. 

On 4/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, cccult said:

I deiced to pay for a Jr suite upgrade to ensure double cruise points. I just couldn't stand ending this cruise 1 point away from leveling up...

But I want to bid on a higher suite. Only problem is the biding system still has us in a balcony. so, the bidding upgrades are way too high since I just paid all that extra $$$... I hope they update the bid system in the next week... Otherwise my plan sort of back fired.

we sail may 12th so maybe there is still time.

According the FAQs for the Royal Up program, you only get the points you would have gotten for your original cabin.  I was going to bid in an effort to get double points too, until I read that.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-earn-crown-anchor-points-for-the-royalup-upgraded-stateroom

On 4/11/2019 at 12:11 PM, cccult said:

I deiced to pay for a Jr suite upgrade to ensure double cruise points. I just couldn't stand ending this cruise 1 point away from leveling up...

But I want to bid on a higher suite. Only problem is the biding system still has us in a balcony. so, the bidding upgrades are way too high since I just paid all that extra $$$... I hope they update the bid system in the next week... Otherwise my plan sort of back fired.

we sail may 12th so maybe there is still time.

We upgraded ourselves and got a new RoyalUp offer showing our JS 6 days after we upgraded

21 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

Celebrity's equivalent has now been rolled out to the UK.

I'd expect Royal will be following soon

I hope so. I emailed RCI the other day re Royal up and U.K. bookings. Their reply was vague to say the least. See photo. 

81DAA447-D365-4202-A240-8B332ABFB3AA.png

On 4/13/2019 at 4:30 PM, kwbound said:

According the FAQs for the Royal Up program, you only get the points you would have gotten for your original cabin.  I was going to bid in an effort to get double points too, until I read that.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-earn-crown-anchor-points-for-the-royalup-upgraded-stateroom

Correct.

What I meant was, I called in and paid full price to get a Jr. Suite.

We had a royalup offer for our balcony room 7nights May 12 on Liberty

I made bids but then decided to go ahead and pay for a Jr. Suite last week. Price was good, not great. I think a little less then it was in September, maybe by $200. I really wanted double points and we love the extra room and tub.

It took a few days, a phone call and an email for the royalup offer to update to our Jr. suite.

when we were in a balcony our offers were for:

1. Spacious Balcony (min $80pp)

2. Jr Suite (min bid $200pp)

3. Grand suite 1bed room (min $300pp)

4. Grand suite 2 bed room ($350pp)

(can't remember the max)

Doesn't look like a balcony will be able to jump to a royal suite, lol!

Now our offers are:

1. Grand suite 1 bedroom (min $150pp-700)

2. Grand suite 2 bed room (min $250pp-600) ...yes, the max is less on this room...

3. Owners Suite (min $300pp-$900)

4. Villa suite 4bedrooms (min $500pp-$1,000)

5. Royal suite (min $800-$3,000)

I bid very close to the min. on the 1st three. If we get the grand suite upgrade, it would cost us (all in) about $1500 less then what it was going for online in September when we booked. So for us, even paying full price on a jr. suite, the upgrades would put us in a category we typically wouldn't splurge on, for far less then at the time of booking.

I'll let y'all know if we actually get upgraded or not.

All the suites above Jr have been "sold out" for months. so my expectations are set low.

UK sailing... May 18th Independence 7 days

...received Royal up email this afternoon 

Booked in Junior Suite, Royal Up Options are,

(prices are from)

Grand Suite ... 1 bedroom  355 GBP pp

Grand Suite....2 bedroom   400 GBP pp

Owners Suite ..                     555 GBP pp

Royal Suite ...                        650 GBP pp

So we shall pass! 

Edited by Pemcorgimum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pemcorgimum said:

UK sailing... May 18th Independence 7 days

...received Royal up email this afternoon 

Booked in Junior Suite, Royal Up Options are,

(prices are from)

Grand Suite ... 1 bedroom  355 GBP pp

Grand Suite....2 bedroom   400 GBP pp

Owners Suite ..                     555 GBP pp

Royal Suite ...                        650 GBP pp

So we shall pass! 

They must hate me, just had the email, I'm in an Owners suite and the offer is Royal suite lowest "weak" offer is £1530 pp, you know what they can do with that!

40 minutes ago, dwhe said:

They must hate me, just had the email, I'm in an Owners suite and the offer is Royal suite lowest "weak" offer is £1530 pp, you know what they can do with that!

Is yours a two week cruise? Ours is just 7 days. It may explain the difference in the upgrade offer. 

On 4/12/2019 at 10:05 PM, Issyalex said:

Does anyone know if Royal up has been rolled out to U.K. cruisers? 

Got the email tonight in the UK - we sail on Sunday. I didn’t think they were in the UK yet. We are in a boardwalk balcony and upgrades are minimums of £40pp for OV balcony, £155pp spacious OV, £215pp ultra spacious OV and £230pp for junior suite. Would like an ocean view but not sure if it’s worth the risk that we could be anywhere? Are there any bad ocean view balcony’s?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bigjcruiser said:

Got the email tonight in the UK - we sail on Sunday. I didn’t think they were in the UK yet. We are in a boardwalk balcony and upgrades are minimums of £40pp for OV balcony, £155pp spacious OV, £215pp ultra spacious OV and £230pp for junior suite. Would like an ocean view but not sure if it’s worth the risk that we could be anywhere? Are there any bad ocean view balcony’s?

Great news BigJ. How many nights is your cruise?

Sorry I cannot comment on what to do However if it was me and I knew it was going to be warm then I’d take the risk for an oceanview balcony.

Edited by Issyalex

1 hour ago, Issyalex said:

Great news BigJ. How many nights is your cruise?

Sorry I cannot comment on what to do However if it was me and I knew it was going to be warm then I’d take the risk for an oceanview balcony.

Cruise is for 7 nights. I am thinking the same, had given up hope of upgrading and set sails ready printed for leaving.

Would be nice to have a view of the ocean. We’ve done a boardwalk room before and it was good for people watching but couldn’t see too much of the ocean. Wouldn’t want to bid much more than the minimum though if anything more so the bid probably wouldn’t get accepted! 

On 4/10/2019 at 10:53 AM, dreadpirate3 said:

I finally got the Royal Up! email.

The prices are too rich for my blood for a short cruise. We have an ocean view balcony on Symphony OTS.

These are the lowest possible bids for each category.

image.thumb.png.16d6ffdae082fa2073a1e729cac50e85.pngimage.thumb.png.ef4bb75de0a2837ad1876cf17a57f031.png

I am going to submit for the JS at the $150pp and see if we get it.

I ended up cancelling. I would rather spend that on excursions or expenses on board.

Had upgrade offer for our sailing next month here in the UK, prices were steep but given prices for UK / Europe cruises are always high I wasnt surprised! 2nd RRCL cruise of 3 this year, hope upgrade will be accepted on this one