El Loco Fresh

This thread is making me laugh just to chuck in a UK angle to mix it up:

chilli includes beans - kidney beans specifically

chilli is served with rice or jacket potato

noodles are spaghetti and are never, ever served with chilli

Actual noodles are served with Chinese or Thai cuisine 

every days a school day 

We loved it on Symphony, especially  for something new and different.  We are fans  of the Wipe out café ( Oasis)   for breakfast and like this place as well.   Cooked to order omelets ( yes cooked to order omelets)  or any type of eggs  in the morning  as well as freshly prepared Huevos Rancheros  (you don't need to take one of the already prepared versions).  Good breakfast burritos.   

Lunch was ok, but breakfast was better. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Greater Cincinnati is in the house. And we know how we like our chili. 😄

For those sailing out of Port Everglades, there is a Skyline Chili on Federal Hwy in Fort Lauderdale. I believe it’s the only Skyline outside the Tri-State area (Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana). 

In case you want to know what real chili tastes like. 

BTW, you can get it with or without beans. 

Edit it to add:  Oops. They built a few more Skylines in Florida. Besides the one mentioned in Fort Lauderdale, there is one in Sunrise, one in Fort Myers, one in Naples, one in Bradenton and one in Clearwater. So, the Tampa cruisers can partake in our chili as well. 

Edited by LadyBeBop

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We loved it on Symphony, especially  for something new and different.  We are fans  of the Wipe out café ( Oasis)   for breakfast and like this place as well.   Cooked to order omelets ( yes cooked to order omelets)  or any type of eggs  in the morning  as well as freshly prepared Huevos Rancheros  (you don't need to take one of the already prepared versions).  Good breakfast burritos.   

Lunch was ok, but breakfast was better. 

M

I don't eat at Taco Bell, and the OP wanted a comparison with it....so I can't do that....but we were on Symphony in February and El Loco Fresh was nothing to rave about.  I preferred the Wipe Out Cafe we had on Harmony several years ago to this.  Just so you know,  I like Mexican food, but this buffet style offering should have been put in the WJ and not highlighted as a stand alone food option.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

I don't eat at Taco Bell, and the OP wanted a comparison with it....so I can't do that....but we were on Symphony in February and El Loco Fresh was nothing to rave about.  I preferred the Wipe Out Cafe we had on Harmony several years ago to this.  Just so you know,  I like Mexican food, but this buffet style offering should have been put in the WJ and not highlighted as a stand alone food option.

I don’t eat at Taco Bell either so can’t do a comparison. I thought it was a nice change for us. 

In the past, we only ate at Wipe out Cafe for breakfast. We were able to get some of the same items, like the cooked to order eggs or omelettes, so that part was nice. 

It is nice to have  a variety of options. 

M

On 12/7/2018 at 8:22 PM, PhoenixCruiser said:

It sucks

Being from Arizona we really love Mexican food.  We have now tried Rita's Cantina, El Fresh and Sabor.

It is a buffet not a place your order restaurant.  

Hope your experience is better

I believe you 100%.  Looking forward to our December Symphony sailing to confirm this.  RCI food is no better than Applebee"s these days.  

On 12/7/2018 at 11:18 AM, lindalo5032 said:

Any word on how the food is at El Loco Fresh?  Would love opinions from those who have sailed on Symphony.  Is it comparable to Taco Bell, or better?

I like Taco Bell, and think TB is better.  However, I didn’t find El Loco Fresh that bad... I swung by there a couple of times and tried a quesadilla and chips/cheese (not quite “nachos”).

11 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

I actually preferred El Loco Freah to wipeout cafe...

23 hours ago, newxmascruiser said:

This thread is making me laugh just to chuck in a UK angle to mix it up:

chilli includes beans - kidney beans specifically

chilli is served with rice or jacket potato

noodles are spaghetti and are never, ever served with chilli

Actual noodles are served with Chinese or Thai cuisine 

every days a school day 

Another fellow Brit. I believe Americans call any pasta “noodles”. I often hear Americans call penne/tagliatelle noodles.

But yes, chilli with kidney beans!

Spag Bol goes with “noodles” 😂 

Which in our house is Chilli but without the chilli power or beans, but with the addition of mushrooms 🇬🇧

4 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

Another fellow Brit. I believe Americans call any pasta “noodles”. I often hear Americans call penne/tagliatelle noodles.

Which in our house is Chilli but without the chilli power or beans, but with the addition of mushrooms 🇬🇧

Many New Yorkers call pasta macaroni.  And pasta sauce is called gravy.  How does that sound ! 😀

18 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Many New Yorkers call pasta macaroni.  And pasta sauce is called gravy.  How does that sound ! 😀

I am a native New Yorker....and the only pasta called macaroni was 'elbows'....all the rest were called pasta.  I never grew up calling pasta sauce, gravy either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

I am a native New Yorker....and the only pasta called macaroni was 'elbows'....all the rest were called pasta.  I never grew up calling pasta sauce, gravy either.

I had never heard of it either until an episode of Property Brothers where a young couple from New York were talking about making macaroni and gravy every Sunday for dinner.  Said that's what they call pasta and sauce.  The girl who cuts my hair is a native New Yorker and she confirmed that's what her family called it as well. Maybe it's an Italian thing as they are all Italian (so am I but we never called it that either in New England!)

19 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

... Maybe it's an Italian thing as they are all Italian (so am I but we never called it that either in New England!)

My Italian family in Chicago also called it gravy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glitterati said:

Problem I have here is with garlic.

Even the smell kills me. They now put it in everything.

1 hour ago, Paulette3028 said:

Elbows is macaroni in Scotland as well. Pasta is the rest apart from spaghetti.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

I had never heard of it either until an episode of Property Brothers where a young couple from New York were talking about making macaroni and gravy every Sunday for dinner.  Said that's what they call pasta and sauce.  The girl who cuts my hair is a native New Yorker and she confirmed that's what her family called it as well. Maybe it's an Italian thing as they are all Italian (so am I but we never called it that either in New England!)

Exactly.  

They also pronounce Capicoloa as Gabagooh.