El Loco Fresh

Anything Royal Caribbean serves is better than Taco Bell.

Most of the food at El Loco Fresh is prepared in advance and served buffet style. Even so, it's better than Taco Bell unless you are craving some sort of weird Taco Bell concoction. It's basic stuff (tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc.) that is good for between-meal snacks or maybe even lunch. I think it closes at 6:00 pm, it's not a place for a full dinner meal anyway. If you try it once you can form an opinion pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, lindalo5032 said:

Any word on how the food is at El Loco Fresh?  Would love opinions from those who have sailed on Symphony.  Is it comparable to Taco Bell, or better?

Had a pretty decent snack on Symphony, definitely a step up from Taco Bell.  Made myself a pretty awesome nacho plate, several meats, lots of condiments and good guacamole and sour cream.  And 20 feet away is the self serve ice cream. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Had a pretty decent snack on Symphony, definitely a step up from Taco Bell.  Made myself a pretty awesome nacho plate, several meats, lots of condiments and good guacamole and sour cream.  And 20 feet away is the self serve ice cream. 

Complementary?

2 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Probably, but we don't put beans in chili either.

Thank goodness, but it's almost impossible to get chili without beans in the Midwest.  I got spoiled when I lived out west.

I tried it once on the transatlantic Cruise last month. They had beef, pork and chicken fajita meat buffet style. The chicken was ok, but the beef and pork was so salty I couldnt eat it (and I’m not a low salt guy). Also pre made burritos that I did not try. You can make nachos with chips and cheese sauce and they have a decent salsa/condiment bar. 

I wasn’t impressed and did not eat there again. 

29 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Thank goodness, but it's almost impossible to get chili without beans in the Midwest.  I got spoiled when I lived out west.

DW always puts beans in chili. That is the only way I have ever had it. I did not know that chili was not supposed to have beans in it until a couple weeks ago I watched a re run of The Big Bang Theory.Sheldon pointed that out.

2 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

DW always puts beans in chili. That is the only way I have ever had it. I did not know that chili was not supposed to have beans in it until a couple weeks ago I watched a re run of The Big Bang Theory.Sheldon pointed that out.

Eh, make it how you like it.  🙂

Dan

30 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

And I thought it was only a western thing.

48 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Same (no beans) in California too.

OMG Chili is not chili without beans!  In fact, I put in extra chili beans in my chili.  I like spicy, bean filled chili.  Up north they put noodles in chili - YUK!!!  We use turkey hamburger since I don't eat red meat, but I spice it up with stewed tomatoes/peppers/onions and lots of chili spice, hot pepper and such. Oh so good!

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Try Hormel, they have chili with or without beans.:classic_biggrin: 

Ps.  Beans are a good source of roughage.  Blazing Saddles, anyone.:classic_smile:

Edited by nelblu

45 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Try Hormel, they have chili with or without beans.:classic_biggrin: 

Ps.  Beans are a good source of roughage.  Blazing Saddles, anyone.:classic_smile:

I always find it interesting to see how far afield these threads can go.:classic_smile:

• Like 1