New boarding pass with zone number

Lottacruises

I have heard that the boarding passes are changing again, this time with the addition of a zone to wait in before boarding starts. This would be in lieu of the zone cards that some ports give out. I would expect no changes to the priority ones, but for non priority passengers yes.

Has anyone seen these yet? They are due out any day now.

Completed my 2-28-19 Panama check-in yesterday and noticed I had a D-1 Boarding Zone. This was NOT on the boarding pass I had for the Freedom two weeks ago. I guess it's like the arrival appointment time. We Plat's have to pick one, and they CCl have to give us a zone number. I'm hopeful we'll still have to priority board without any unforeseen delay.

My boarding zone is empty-   we are platinum    and I expect to be boarding when we arrive so no boarding zone should be required for us    

Muster stations-- you can know when you board-   its not really necessary to know that before you board.     THe location will be listed on the cabin door

2 minutes ago, serene56 said:

My boarding zone is empty-   we are platinum    and I expect to be boarding when we arrive so no boarding zone should be required for us    

Muster stations-- you can know when you board-   its not really necessary to know that before you board.     THe location will be listed on the cabin door

Yeah, well we're platinum as well and got D-1. We still plan on walking right in.

1 hour ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

I checked mine as well and no number.  I'm platinum so I get to board first.  It also shows muster station A5.  This is for the Dream.  Does anyone know where this is?

Just off the Dream a few weeks ago. 

A-5 is main theater 5th floor.  (A-3, A-4 are main theater 3rd floor, main theater 4th floor).

B-3 is the mid-ship restaurant 3rd floor.  B-4 is the mid-ship restaurant 4th floor.

Not sure where C and D were.  (I think they are some of the lounges or night clubs).

E-3 and E-4 were the aft restaurant 3rd and 4th floor.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Maybe they're shifting to the airline boarding paradigm.  Board by Decks starting with 12 forward and working down to deck 1 aft.:classic_ohmy:

Maybe? I was wondering about the correlation between check in time and boarding zone. It will be interesting to see If it corresponds to the deck instead. With rooms not being ready until 130 though I don't see why.

1 hour ago, Lottacruises said:

Hopefully a non priority passenger will post a pic of one with a number.

I'm non-priority, vifp red. Have not paid for the FTTF. Chose 11:30 boarding.

It said lower on the pass that I am in Muster E.

pass.jpg

Edited by KristiK
pic didn't show

21 minutes ago, KristiK said:

I'm non-priority, vifp red. Have not paid for the FTTF. Chose 11:30 boarding.

It said lower on the pass that I am in Muster E.

pass.jpg

Thanks for posting. A1 sounds like an early zone but by 1130 the numbers should be on up there. Maybe that's the equivalent of 27 but that's high....

I know the zone cards they currently use there  are about 25 per zone, one card per cabin.

Edited by Lottacruises

6 minutes ago, Ehpride said:

I'm non-priority gold status with an arrival appt of 11:30-12:00. Boarding zone is currently blank.

The plot thickens, lol.

I've heard that they won't begin using the boarding pass zones immediately, but will tell us to ignore that and go by the zone card they give us. Talk about confusion! 

7 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

The plot thickens, lol.

I've heard that they won't begin using the boarding pass zones immediately, but will tell us to ignore that and go by the zone card they give us. Talk about confusion! 

I wonder if it depends on the port and/or sail date. I'll check back later and see if it updates I guess.