New boarding pass with zone number

Lottacruises

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Rosieangel said:

Just printed mine off for my cruise in May, and my boarding zone is A01. We have faster to the fun, so maybe that just means we get on quickly? My muster drill station on the Conquest is D.

Having FTTF means that you will get on about one minute before your original zone of A01. Og course there are still the tendering, GS and other benefits.

• 7 months later...
On 11/26/2019 at 1:28 AM, TAMMY400099 said:

So did anyone find out what the boarding zones actually mean? We are on Panorama in February. Arrival time 12:30-1:00 our  boarding zone is A01 no FTTF  no diamond or platinum. 

When it comes time to board the ship, the boarding zones will be called in order after the priority passengers (diamonds, platinums, suites, and Faster to the Fun), beginning with zone A01.  Then they will call A02, etc.

Edited by TNcruising02

31 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

When it comes time to board the ship, the boarding zones will be called in order after the priority passengers (diamonds, platinums, suites, and Faster to the Fun), beginning with zone A01.  Then they will call A02, etc.

not always the case. On my Sunrise cruise back in June, my boarding doc said A01 zone yet the port was still giving out the old fashion boarding zone cards and all of the boarding announcements was based on those zone cards . i guess not all ports support this new boarding zone on the edocs

19 minutes ago, shof515 said:

not always the case. On my Sunrise cruise back in June, my boarding doc said A01 zone yet the port was still giving out the old fashion boarding zone cards and all of the boarding announcements was based on those zone cards . i guess not all ports support this new boarding zone on the edocs

That is strange.  I wonder why they would even print the boarding zone on the boarding pass if they weren't going to use it.  On my cruises, when the zone wasn't on the boarding pass, they handed out the cards.  But my last two cruises had the boarding zones on the passes and that's the way they boarded.

11 hours ago, shof515 said:

Same with us on Horizon in April. Port Everglades

16 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Thank you! I think this will be the new procedure for the upcoming cruises, at least out of Long Beach! 

Well, when the boarding is done the new way, the boarding zone is supposed to replace the zone tickets people get when they arrive at the port.  When doing online check-in and choosing an arrival time, that's when a boarding zone may be assigned.  That's the way it worked on my cruise on the Magic and on the Breeze this year.  

For the Magic, I got a boarding zone B13 or something like that.  Then when I was able to purchase Faster to the Fun, I reprinted my boarding passes a few days later and  my boarding zone changed.  For my Breeze cruise, I checked in online at midnight, so I got boarding zone A01 and they definitely used the boarding zones on the boarding passes.  They did not hand out boarding zone tickets at the port.

Maybe it's just taking some time for all of the ports and cruises to change over to the new way.  The new way is much better, in my opinion.

On 11/28/2019 at 10:50 PM, Bgwest said:

Where do suites fit in the boarding hierarchy?

First time on Carnival so I’m a bit lost here. 

Typically, suite passengers board after the Diamond/Platinum passengers.  I'm not sure if they are right before or right after the FTTF.

Cheers!

Brad

On 12/17/2018 at 11:56 AM, Lottacruises said:

I have heard that the boarding passes are changing again, this time with the addition of a zone to wait in before boarding starts. This would be in lieu of the zone cards that some ports give out. I would expect no changes to the priority ones, but for non priority passengers yes.

Has anyone seen these yet? They are due out any day now.

I have priority boarding, so I don't know what it would look like with the zones, but attached is what it looks like for our cruise on 21 Dec.

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 3.58.05 PM.png