2019 Platinum gift

crazy.cruzer

Just of Elation.  Got the crappy lanyard.  Tried to switch it at Guest Services and were told that they did not have any other gifts.  There were a LOT of Diamond and Platinum cruisers on this sailing.  Diamond folks got the Tervis cups.  Maybe we took too long in trying to swap as we waited a full day. 

• Haha 1

When we got lanyard on magic 2nd day I really thought how nice an additional little item.  Later on in the cruise when comparing notes with other platinum guests, I couldn't believe that this was the gift.  everybody pretty much agreed if this is the way they treat their frequent cruisers, we don't need to go anymore.  Along with poor service with drink servers.  They hook you on bubbles program and then make sure they drag out drink service because they know they already got your money by cutting down server numbers.  Years ago you couldn't get rid of those guys. Just venting.  2nd post on this subject but it really bugged me. Final Post

On 5/19/2019 at 5:23 PM, cbcruiser said:

Just got off magic.  Cheap  lanyards. Service poor. Have been with them since our sons were small and now grand children. Has been slowly going down hill. I think we are done.

I feel sad to say I agree. My recent  week on the Conquest made me miss the old days when staff smiled at you, your steward called you by name and the dining room staff didn't look so totally burned out.  Remember when the hostess that seated you would place your napkin in your lap? 

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2019 at 5:51 PM, cbcruiser said:

When we got lanyard on magic 2nd day I really thought how nice an additional little item.  Later on in the cruise when comparing notes with other platinum guests, I couldn't believe that this was the gift.  everybody pretty much agreed if this is the way they treat their frequent cruisers, we don't need to go anymore.  Along with poor service with drink servers.  They hook you on bubbles program and then make sure they drag out drink service because they know they already got your money by cutting down server numbers.  Years ago you couldn't get rid of those guys. Just venting.  2nd post on this subject but it really bugged me. Final Post

Yes, such a truism. Contact the Hotel Manager (HotMan) as it is his responsibilty.

on the pride in May we got the tevis tumbler there were not that many Platinum and diamonds that sailing.  we were very happy with our cruise and all the servers were great and remember our names.it was our 19th Carnival--6th time on the Pride---  Maybe you are sailing on  the wrong ship LOL

• Like 1

We will be turning Platinum on our journey cruise in November. I am excited for the strawberries, the laundry,, the pin and the gift. I would love to get a blanket, a towel, a cross-body bag, a tervis cup,or  a small back pack or tote, but I think even a nightlite or lanyard would be nice. A second free drink that could be redeemed anywhere/anytime would be nice if they are trying to cut back.I just think it is awesome that Carnival gives a little token to thank loyal cruisers.

18 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

We will be turning Platinum on our journey cruise in November. I am excited for the strawberries, the laundry,, the pin and the gift. I would love to get a blanket, a towel, a cross-body bag, a tervis cup,or  a small back pack or tote, but I think even a nightlite or lanyard would be nice. A second free drink that could be redeemed anywhere/anytime would be nice if they are trying to cut back.I just think it is awesome that Carnival gives a little token to thank loyal cruisers.

Welcome to the club! It really is nice with priority embarkation and debarkation, too! And, don't forget the Platinum/Diamond party on the last sea night where you play games, free drinks and hors d'oeuvre, meet the officers, band for dancing....on all 5 days or more sailings. We really enjoy the perks that come with being platinum and hope you will, too. Our favorite gifts are the packing cubes, amazing! Just pulling them out of your luggage and place them in a drawer or on a shelf....unpacking is done!! 

18 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

One word of caution concerning laundry. All laundry is washed in hot water, so be careful what you send out for cleaning once this perk is available to you (you can also pay to have laundry done if you are not a D/P). The only thing we use it for are underwear, bathing suits, and gym clothes. 

• Thanks 1

I'm not yet platinum, but I am getting envious of the lanyard- I use one at work and would love for it to one day be a Carnival one.  But I also understand how those of you who were used to nicer/more substantial gifts are a little shocked/annoyed/surprised about the lanyard.  

56 minutes ago, mzjan said:

Welcome to the club! It really is nice with priority embarkation and debarkation, too! And, don't forget the Platinum/Diamond party on the last sea night where you play games, free drinks and hors d'oeuvre, meet the officers, band for dancing....on all 5 days or more sailings. We really enjoy the perks that come with being platinum and hope you will, too. Our favorite gifts are the packing cubes, amazing! Just pulling them out of your luggage and place them in a drawer or on a shelf....unpacking is done!! 

This is the first post I've read where I've understood the use of packing cubes.  I've been under the impression that they were used to fit more things in your suitcase, and I was thinking "that's nice, but my suitcase is fine, I guess this tip isn't for me."  But now it makes sense- saving time on unpacking is definitely a plus.  So thank you.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been Platinum and now Diamond on Carnival for several years now.  Have received some very nice loyalty gifts, some not so nice that I passed on to other pax.  More important to me than the gift is the priority boarding/tendering/debarkation, the free laundry, and the priority line at GS.

For comparision, I just turned Platinum on NCL, and got 2 free specialty dinners for 2 - wish Carnival gave a free Steakhouse dinner to its loyal customers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2019 at 10:46 PM, Woodfaerie said:

I feel sad to say I agree. My recent  week on the Conquest made me miss the old days when staff smiled at you, your steward called you by name and the dining room staff didn't look so totally burned out.  Remember when the hostess that seated you would place your napkin in your lap? 

I remember it well. It was last month.

But maybe a little reminder would help them. Have you ever thrust out your lap and said, "Missed a spot!" 😄 

30 minutes ago, evandbob said:

For comparision, I just turned Platinum on NCL, and got 2 free specialty dinners for 2 - wish Carnival gave a free Steakhouse dinner to its loyal customers!

Carnival does but not until Diamond level.

55 minutes ago, Davey Wavey said:

Carnival does but not until Diamond level.

Carnival gives you one free dinner for 2 at the Steakhouse after Diamond (200 nights sailing).

NCL gives a Platinum (80 pts.) 2 free specialty dinners for 2 every cruise thereafter.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, evandbob said:

Carnival gives you one free dinner for 2 at the Steakhouse after Diamond (200 nights sailing).

NCL gives a Platinum (80 pts.) 2 free specialty dinners for 2 every cruise thereafter.

also a free bottle of wine on one of the free dinners.

4 hours ago, evandbob said:

I bet if you compare the cost to get to platinum on NCL vs the cost to get to platinum on Carnival you will see that you paid for those "free" meals. Nothing is "free".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, evandbob said:

I said Carnival does at Diamond in response to, "wish Carnival gave a free Steakhouse dinner to its loyal customers!" But your explanation is much better, thank you. My sister works for NCL corporate and offers me lots good deals. Maybe once I retire I will give them a go.

10 hours ago, purplephenom said:

This is the first post I've read where I've understood the use of packing cubes.  I've been under the impression that they were used to fit more things in your suitcase, and I was thinking "that's nice, but my suitcase is fine, I guess this tip isn't for me."  But now it makes sense- saving time on unpacking is definitely a plus.  So thank you.  

Packing cubes are great, you can easily purchase on Amazon, and definitely worth the price.  Once I started using them, I thought why did I wait until now??  It really helps organize things and keep stuff separated when packing for 2.  And I agree just pull out of suitcase and put in drawer or on a shelf. 😁

• Like 1

CCL :NYSE LSE CUK :NYSE gives Shareholder Benefit on every Cruise Line.

NCLH : OTC does nor even have a Dividend, the Shareholder Benefit is a socalled FREE Dinner which on a cost basis = $8.00 USD or an OBC. HINT: Take the OBC@! That is if you take the Nickel and Dime line.

15 hours ago, purplephenom said:

I'm not yet platinum, but I am getting envious of the lanyard- I use one at work and would love for it to one day be a Carnival one.  But I also understand how those of you who were used to nicer/more substantial gifts are a little shocked/annoyed/surprised about the lanyard.  

You're welcome! My sister has used them for years but I never saw the advantages until Carnival gave us a set of 4 and I used them on the next cruise.  Now they stay in your luggage and I've bought a few more! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AAAAmerican said:

CCL :NYSE LSE CUK :NYSE gives Shareholder Benefit on every Cruise Line.

NCLH : OTC does nor even have a Dividend, the Shareholder Benefit is a socalled FREE Dinner which on a cost basis = $8.00 USD or an OBC. HINT: Take the OBC@! That is if you take the Nickel and Dime line.

Our Shareholder Benefit has been $100 OBC or $250 on longer cruises.

gary

16 minutes ago, gtaylor said:

Our Shareholder Benefit has been $100 OBC or $250 on longer cruises.

gary

Dear gtaylor,

Yes as in the 10K ( Annual) . Carnival and all the lines owned do have a great advantage.