Favorite cruise drinks

BigProc

8 hours ago, BigProc said:

I like a good Moscow Mule, and the Tomas sound tasty. Was it a specific bar you found those at or did they make them for you at the poolside bar? Also, did they serve your DH's Mules in a copper cup or a regular glass? Just curious. 

Regular glass for the Moscow Mule and i believe every time I have had a Toma, it has been at the atrium bar, but they are on the regular menu so I would think any bar would make them. I will check it out when we go to the So Car in about 5 weeks 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fluffybunny22 said:

What is a Mango Meltdown and where can I find it? I'm on the Escape.

It's rum, amaretto, mango puree and crushed ice blended into a frappe with strawberry puree floated on top. Any bar with the frozen drink machine will make it. its a very popular drink.

Edited by Paul Bogle
  • Like 1

Early in a cruise, especially a long one, it’s Classic Margaritas, salt on the rim, ALL NIGHT. 😎 Then about half way thru I think of the carbs. Then it’s Vodka and tonic for my first drink, then vodka and club soda for the rest of the night. Sometimes it’s a long night.  Thank God for the UBP!😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paul Bogle said:

the beverage package covers all alcoholic beverages up to $15. Beverages above that price you pay the difference.

Yea I get that; I was just hoping to mentally prepare for any that are above the $15 threshold. 

On 1/3/2019 at 4:47 PM, samiam0403 said:

I love the Mr. Worldwide (vodka, Pimms, strawberry purée, lemon juice and champagne)

This one is my favorite too. On my first NCL cruise, the bartender at the Skyline Bar and one of the servers in the Manhattan Room had gotten so used to my drink order that they would cheerily shout out "Mr. Worldwide" whenever they saw me!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/3/2019 at 9:55 PM, BigProc said:

A few people mentioned Bushwhackers. Any idea what's in that? Also, is the cherry limeade an adult drink or is it like a cherry limeade from Sonic? 

Bushwacker - Baileys, dark rum, dark creme de cacao, ice cream mix. Tastes like a frappuccino IMO

cherry limeade has Svedka citrus vodka and Bacardi limon rum, but it's refreshing.

• Like 1

Just off the Escape, and my consistent favorite was the Moscow Mule (which they do not serve in a copper mug, but do serve with a spear of candied ginger which is just fine by me!) and my boyfriend got many Old Fashioneds from Tobacco Road and said it was his favorite drink on the ship.

For the pool, as mentioned by many, you can't beat a Mango Meltdown. I flagged a bar server early on in Great Stirrup Cay and ordered 2 and gave him a cash tip, next time he came by we ordered 2 more. He came back with 4 - he said they were running out of the mango mix and he wanted to make sure we got another round! We followed with another cash tip. Every time we ordered the Mango Meltdowns, people would ask us what the drink was - it's that good! Just frozen mango mix, strawberries and rum but it's a killer concoction!

Finally, there's a drink called the Pineapple Rum Champ that I liked so much I took a picture of the menu. It apparently was a finalist for the Top Bartender's Competition and it contains Captain Morgan, cinnamon, pineapple juice, passionfruit puree, lime juice, bitters, and mint. My boyfriend is a former bartender and we're determined to recreate this at home. They serve it at all of the pool bars and in the comedy clubs/theaters, so it's a good drink to fall back on when you're not sure if the bar you're at has the proper ingredients for one of your other favorite drinks.

Also wanted to note that as of 12/28 the Escape was serving frozen drinks with paper straws, and I'm sure you could've gotten them for other drinks on request.

• Thanks 1

I get a Mango Meltdown with vodka instead of the spiced rum. There was also a lavender martini on the Gem that was delicious served at the champagne bar (I would think all ships would have it?) The Lychee martini at Teppanyaki was wonderful, as were all of the mojitos at Modernos.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 6:58 AM, newmexicoNita said:

In the morning after breakfast I love to have a Toma. It is a combination of vodka, champagne, lemon and line plus a little something else, but don't remember what. It is sorta like a Memosa but much better. Just don't drink too many. I will add, they aren't as strong as it sounds, and are super refreshing. Hubby like a Moscal Mule but I am not sure I have the spelling right. 

Would that be included in the UBP?? sounds delish!