“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

2 hours ago, CintiPam said:

I will raise you one city with a nice harbor, great sail away and fascinating sights to visit - Istanbul - but unlikely to return there soon due to the political situation.  Just happy that I spent time there in both 2008 and 2014.

Yeah - Istanbul would make my tot 10 :classic_biggrin:

I took the Sydney sights, Bondi, and Opera House tour.  We had a great tour guide who was both extremely knowledgeable, as well as having a great personality.  A real pro!

At the conclusion, we were offered the option of leaving in downtown, at the Queen Victoria Building, which I took.

I then walked through town along George Street to the central railway terminal for photo’s.  “Mission accomplished”.

After that, I took the light rail over to Darling Harbour, and took in part of the splendid maritime museum. Unfortunately, I got there too late for the full tours, so just saw the galleries,   Another reason to return to Sydney to see the rest of the exhibits.😉

After that, I caught the shuttle back to the ship.

Got back just in time for a bite at Waves, then dessert at the tea service in Horizon.

About 250 or so passengers “turned over” at Sydney.  It was fun seeing the looks on the faces of the newbies discovering the wonders of our great ship. We mustered at 1715, and then with the accompanyment,  of the band on the pool deck, a pair of tugs  

helped us slip away, in a fantastic sail-away.

Then social hostess Stephanie, and Trish, hosted a solo party in Horizon.   Only one new solo was introduced to about 20 or so of us.

1E9534E4-D63B-4732-A41F-2D565A443706.jpeg

F4025B37-FF3D-4E10-B934-F2D983B0DB91.jpeg

4B6A4364-105B-492F-A958-AF47C037B9C4.jpeg

DE261230-5E91-4735-A1FE-9B7AFDE75A11.jpeg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Paulchili said:

The only city in the world that might beat San Francisco if only it weren't in the middle of nowhere :classic_biggrin:

We've been there many times and have 2 more cruises booked visiting Sydney - can't get enough of a good thing like Sydney.

🤔🤔We Aussies say exactly the same thing - but in reverse 😂🤣😂🤣🤷🏼‍♀️ Hard not to love Ye olde Sydney town 😁

7 minutes ago, Skmar said:

🤔🤔We Aussies say exactly the same thing - but in reverse 😂🤣😂🤣🤷🏼‍♀️ Hard not to love Ye olde Sydney town 😁

The only trouble with Ye Olde Sydney town is that you have to hang and walk upside down in that “down under” world :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Paulchili

1 minute ago, Paulchili said:

The only trouble with Ye Olde Sydney town is that you have to hang and walk upside down :classic_biggrin:

I can see you’ve cottoned on to the Aussie sense of humour 👏🏻👏🏻😁and can give as good as you get.👍🏻 We’ll no doubt have some fun parlaying when we board in Dubai.

Bob..  Thanks for the great pics.  We love Sydney..one of the great cities!  Bondi beach is a fun place.  The day we were there a nice swell was coming in so good surfing.  Being a former surfer, I could watch this activity for hours..

I'm ALWAYS so sad when i leave Sydney.  Don't know what it is about that place but it speaks to me.  After we finish our active touring/cruising, I'd love to live there for 2-3 months. 

Insignia is in the Brisbane River.

They have just past Fishermans Island where larger ships dock, heading about 40 minutes up river to Portside.

This is a great berth if doing Brisbane DIY, as it's only a 10 minute walk to the wharf for the River Cat for a very scenic trip into town.

It's great arriving back to your ship via ferry.

Hi all

I’m just loving following you all around the world - the pictures are fantastic. Thanks for taking the time to entertain me - this is far more interesting than the book I’m reading 😉.

Just one question for a ‘worldie’ - what happens to your on-board account? Do you settle it after each segment or do you get a BIG bill at the end 🤭?

Lou

20 minutes ago, Louby-Lou said:

Hi all

I’m just loving following you all around the world - the pictures are fantastic. Thanks for taking the time to entertain me - this is far more interesting than the book I’m reading 😉.

Just one question for a ‘worldie’ - what happens to your on-board account? Do you settle it after each segment or do you get a BIG bill at the end 🤭?

Lou

At the end....in my case, I will be getting a BIG credit.😉😁

22 minutes ago, palakika said:

Bob..  Looks like the same place we docked 3 years ago.  Brisbane is a lovely city.  We went to the sanctuary to hold the Koalas....a highlight.  My koala, Chloe, was very sweet with sharp claws.

I just don’t think Bob sleeps at all...  he stays awake 24 seven so he doesn’t miss one single photo. We board in Singapore and I know I will recognize him. Thank you, Bob for all the gorgeous photos 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BabySis said:

I just don’t think Bob sleeps at all...  he stays awake 24 seven so he doesn’t miss one single photo. We board in Singapore and I know I will recognize him. Thank you, Bob for all the gorgeous photos 

Yes, thank you Bob, Lisa, and others for all the gorgeous photos. I am enjoying traveling with you and feel like I will recognize several of you when we board in Rome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1