Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, tangogulf said:

I should also say the layout had its quirks some we could fix some we couldn’t. If someone is sitting at the table in the chair near the bedroom door you cant get into or out of the bedroom. We had to move some of the little tables into the hallway entry to ensure we didnt have to wind around the room to get from point A to point B. There are a number of live plants in the rooms too and by the end of the cruise they weren’t looking too healthy so not sure how they are being cared for. Also we found the drawers in the wardrobe a weird shape with not enough width to stack things like T-shirts or shorts so they sit flat. Plenty of hanging space though and lots of storage shelving behind the bathroom door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pictures and review of the CS! We have only cruised in a CS on M Class twice when we could get one at a reasonable price and loved it (and even figured out how to get into the tub safely since I am vertically challenged). I loved the elegance of the old CS, except for the tattered couch and chairs, worn carpet and old shades. I'm sure if we were offered a Move Up at a reasonable price, I would love the new CS - I'm sure it looks better in person.

Maybe those little tables and plant holders will end up in the warehouse with the Kelly Hoppen rockers and pillows from the Edge. 😉

Edited by vtcruising

On 3/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, sippican said:

The logo looks like the gluten free labeling, which I've heard is being discontinued. Lol!

What's this about gluten free labeling? I know someone who has Celiac and will be cruising in June... any changes to gluten labeling will be of great importance to them.

Does anyone know the ceiling height in cabins?  Love the photos of the CS! However, got me wondering about the ceiling height - almost looks flush with the top of the doorways. 

Sailing Millennium in a couple of months and one of our guests is 6’6”. 

Finally! Photos of the Revolutionized CS! Thanks tangogulf! We've done CS on S-class but our Summit cruise in Feb will be our first one on M-class. I think the darker colors and traditional furniture added a feel of eloquence (albeit "worn" eloquence) to the older version, and I'm not a big fan of the minimalist Scandinavian style, but this update looks fine to me and even roomier than those on S-class. Wish they had found a way to add a second bath entrance like the S-class--works better when one of us is an early riser--but we'll somehow survive that. We'll just reflect on our early cruising days in the 80's when we thought of the small cabin as cozy and were impressed by the view through the porthole...we were fortunate then and remain so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newbie2006 said:

What's this about gluten free labeling? I know someone who has Celiac and will be cruising in June... any changes to gluten labeling will be of great importance to them.

Celebrity prides themselves on their Dine Aware program. In the past, menus have been labeled with little symbols denoting some ingredients that may cause allergic reactions in cruisers, for example a wheat symbol for gluten. These symbols can be found on the MDR menu and the buffet labels, but not in Luminae. (not sure about the other dining venues). There have been reports that they are discontinuing the buffet labeling. I cannot verify this. Many say that they have had great experiences eating onboard with dietary restrictions. Since diagnosis, I have had one very positive cruise, and two unacceptable - foods mislabeled as safe, when they in fact contained gluten, cross-contamination, lack of knowledge by waitstaff, limited options, etc.

Your friend should contact the Special Needs Departmenty prior to cruising to inform them of his/her needs. Then upon boarding, meet with the head waiter/chef to discuss food options.

After many, many converstation with X, I am giving it one more try in a couple of weeks.  Fingers crossed. The last thing anyone wants is to be sick on their cruise, especailly when its completely preventable.

• Like 2

Hi

I dont know where the search button for the thread is at - trying to find out if Millenium after dry dock now has the basic internet package offered now reportedly on Reflection and Edge.

Has anybody known the internet pricing on the Millie for a 14 days cruise?

13 hours ago, tangogulf said:

We did the 14 day Hong Kong to Singapore starting 16th Feb. Pics of Celebrity Suite. Balcony furniture a bit meh for a premium suite and too many nicnacs which could be an issue in heavy seas. Bath/shower still a bit difficult to get in and out of.

Thanks for posting.    Curious about the Sofa being moved from against the wall.    What is behind the Sofa?   Just Open Space?

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for posting.    Curious about the Sofa being moved from against the wall.    What is behind the Sofa?   Just Open Space?

Looks like it IS open space leading to the door to the balcony, although the little desk area is back there too.  I'm quite happy seeing these images.  I think the CS looks perfect for my needs, just 2 adults.  I'd been offered a RS but I just don't care for the layout of the RS cabin and small "windows/doors" to the balcony.  RS definitely has a bigger balcony but I don't use the balcony so much so its the wall of floor to ceiling windows in the CS for the win.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jchipgcs said:

Looks like it IS open space leading to the door to the balcony, although the little desk area is back there too.  I'm quite happy seeing these images.  I think the CS looks perfect for my needs, just 2 adults.  I'd been offered a RS but I just don't care for the layout of the RS cabin and small "windows/doors" to the balcony.  RS definitely has a bigger balcony but I don't use the balcony so much so its the wall of floor to ceiling windows in the CS for the win.

When looking it wasn't really familiar but then I believe I figured it out.   I believe they moved the TV to the opposite wall where the Sofa use to sit.    Just saw the original post of the pictures which has more pictures.   I can now see behind the sofa.    Thanks

Edited by Jim_Iain

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

When looking it wasn't really familiar but then I believe I figured it out.   I believe they moved the TV to the opposite wall where the Sofa use to sit.     It also looks (if you look at picture of the dining table) like there is a chair or something in that space behind sofa  and some type of plant. 

Exactly.  Entertainment center is where the sofa is.  That chair you see with the plant is in front of the little desk area shown in another picture if you go back and look at those original images by the first poster of them.   

I apologize for not having followed along on this thread.  We board the new Millennium in June.  We usually sail Solstice Class, so not too familiar with the differences in this ship vs those.  Can someone tell me if the there is a Persian Garden, with all of the amenities?  We love the option of the saunas and steam....

Thanks so much!

T in FL

11 hours ago, Toronto Guy said:

I'm not sure how you could fit 4 people around that table comfortably - there wouldn't be any elbow room.  The round table was much better IMHO.  I also don't get that big chair in the living room - is it missing a back cushion?  How could you sit comfortably on that?  I guess one always leans forward with their elbows on their knees.  Like the colours - except I don't understand the bathroom floor tiles....the geometric pattern is interesting but why is the marble tile surrounding it different than the tile colours on the walls?  Looks beige not grey to match.  Is that just the lighting?   Bedroom looks nice.  Don't like the bedside mushroom lamps though.  

That big chair doesn't have a cushion and it's very deep so you need to grab one or two of the small cushions from the sofa to use it - which we didn't much. 

Yes the floor tiles are an "off white" colour for some reason. 

I'm disappointed in the table and chairs in the CS. First thing that came to mind was a Homewoods Suites. Now don't get me wrong I love staying at a Homewoods when I'm on the road. It's my first pick. But not in a Celebrity Suite. It's looks like a plastic picnic table.

Yep table was heavy plastic as was the vanity in the bathroom.

• Like 1

Not sure if the Millennium Retreat Sundeck has been shown on this thread yet. The Luminae Maitre’d is also responsible for the food and beverage service here snd as its 8 decks up and at the other end of the ship from Luminae it keeps Tanya very busy. Full bar service as per the Retreat Lounge is available as well as “bites” from 11am to 2pm. These are simple dishes like wraps and sandwiches. Small helpings if you wish to eat whilst relaxing on a lounger or a larger size if you wish to be seated at a table.

You will notice there is absolutely no way to escape the sun unless you grab one if the little “cocoon” seats. So it can get pretty uncomfortable up there in warm days. Can be pretty windy too as this is deck 12 forward above the Cosmos lounge.

2ec5d4dfd9aa87190847f6e65313998c.jpg

513580d0760de6271a0d4ef16681837b.jpg

a5e88dc616fa7172e81e2147781c18d2.jpg

066f14c26f2d1b91b4523f53e52e7a61.jpg

322d7825153d3c7e87e45f792230def2.jpg

8a661cb3a55c5452d4c1ac76cd93e354.jpg

Escape the sun in one of these.....

d61f980fb0ff0285d860c6c7af5f0f94.jpg

8 hours ago, tangogulf said:

The Luminae Maitre’d is also responsible for the food and beverage service here snd as its 8 decks up and at the other end of the ship from Luminae it keeps Tanya very busy. Full bar service as per the Retreat Lounge is available as well as “bites” from 11am to 2pm. These are simple dishes like wraps and sandwiches. Small helpings if you wish to eat whilst relaxing on a lounger or a larger size if you wish to be seated at a table. 

Thanks for the great pictures!  I am assuming, since there isn't a picture of one, that there is no free-standing bar on the Retreat Sundeck and it has roving servers instead? Are the drinks complimentary on the Retreat Sundeck (they take your Sea Pass card on the Edge for the Retreat Sundeck - not in the Retreat Lounge, though almost everyone has the premium package so not an issue)?  Do you think there were enough loungers up there?

Thanks!

Edited by vtcruising

9 hours ago, tangogulf said:

Yep table was heavy plastic as was the vanity in the bathroom.

Sounds like a trend with Kelly Hoppen. The chair in the vanity of the Penthouse on the Edge is also plastic. At least it wasn’t that obvious as there was a linen and velvet cover over it.

• Like 1

After reviewing the posted balcony cabin photos (as well as those sent by a friend cruising on the Millie), I do have concerns. We're not "suite" people. But we have graduated to appreciating Aqua Class.

Regardless of the balcony category, the full length sofa is a feature that we fully utilize. The sofa with coffee table is the ideal seating/setting for early morning coffee. So now, we have to lie on the bed with our coffee and toast? Furthermore, my husband stakes out that sofa for his afternoon naps. He absolutely loves it. While on a recent Reflection sailing, we noticed that the sofa was a little worse for wear, it still served us well.

I don't like that the sofa has been removed and replaced with an oversized "chair." I don't like the removal of the coffee table. True,  the renovated cabins are freshened (in a sterile kinda way). But as many have already commented, I wonder if the designer has actually ever cruised! As I've said many times, the new cabins appear to resemble lovely Euro-style hotel rooms, but for me, it appears that something has been lost. A ship's stateroom is not a hotel room, it's a" home away from home."

I'm not overly concerned about the paint colour of the ship's exterior, or even changes to interior public spaces. What's important for me, is a comfortable, functional cabin with sufficient closet and drawer stowage. Some folks like the new arrangement, others do not. I guess I'll have to see how it all works for us, but from the photos, I'm disappointed.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

I'm disappointed in the table and chairs in the CS. First thing that came to mind was a Homewoods Suites. Now don't get me wrong I love staying at a Homewoods when I'm on the road. It's my first pick. But not in a Celebrity Suite. It's looks like a plastic picnic table.

First thing that came to mind to me was a fast food restaurant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just cannot believe that after many years of passengers complaining about the awkward bathroom in the CS that Celebrity did not change it on the major cabin makeover!  There are only a few CS suites per ship on M-Class so why not fix them? Wow talk about ignoring your customers.  Sometime you scratch your head and just wonder !

• Like 3

HI will be in a CS on the transpacific crossing leaving April 27 from Tokyo. I am not really that concerned about the CS since I have stayed in one before on the M class ship. Love all the windows mid ship and the amount of space in the living room area is so nice. At least everything is nice and new. A good friend of mine had one of these suites a month prior to the dry dock and said it was filthy. Torn fabric on the sofa and stains everywhere on the carpet.  My friends were new to sailing Celebrity and told me they would never sail on them again.  I am happy everything is now new.  The question you have to ask is with all the light colors of the furniture how long in the future will it take to look stained, dirty and trashed?   My guess it will start showing the dirt in less then a years time.  Even if it is considered clean it looks dirty when stained from coffee and food over time and will just look gross.  I will be happy to enjoy the experience staying in the CS before it starts looking bad.