Travel from FLL airport to Miami?

klarson1027

I always fly in to FLL (I like Southwest) and then stay in South Beach for a Miami departure. We literally walk off the plane and order an Uber, usually around 45 dollars (for a normal Uber, an XL for 6 people would be more expensive) but it is WAYYYYYYYY more cost effective than any shuttle options I've seen, so I highly recommend it.

Edited by mwolever
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, klarson1027 said:

What is the best way to travel from FLL airport to Miami? We are staying a few minutes from the port. There will be 6 of us in our party. TIA.15 days out on the Bliss.

Since there are six of you in your party, a shared shuttle such as Jiffy Jeff Transportation, would run 90.00 (15 pp).  An Uber XL would be a cheaper bet and quicker too.  If you have never used Uber, do a google search for first time promo codes to save money.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Since there are six of you in your party, a shared shuttle such as Jiffy Jeff Transportation, would run 90.00 (15 pp).  An Uber XL would be a cheaper bet and quicker too.  If you have never used Uber, do a google search for first time promo codes to save money.

Totally agree 

1 hour ago, klarson1027 said:

What is the best way to travel from FLL airport to Miami? We are staying a few minutes from the port. There will be 6 of us in our party. TIA.15 days out on the Bliss.

We are renting a car through Costco (71.00), driving up to Miami, staying the night and then dropping it off at the port.  Same thing for the way back to the airport.

3 hours ago, mwolever said:

I always fly in to FLL (I like Southwest) and then stay in South Beach for a Miami departure. We literally walk off the plane and order an Uber, usually around 45 dollars (for a normal Uber, an XL for 6 people would be more expensive) but it is WAYYYYYYYY more cost effective than any shuttle options I've seen, so I highly recommend it.

Completely agree, flights into Miami are normally close to double what it is to Fort Lauderdale, we cruise NCL every year and do the same thing, fly in to FLL and stay in South Beach, Only difference is we have always hired a private driver and it has always only been just slightly higher than an Uber xl and they are already waiting for us when we get there. We also have the same driver pick us up when we get off the ship and he drives us in to South Beach to have breakfast/lunch and waits for us then takes us the the FLL airport

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Driberif1 said:

We also have the same driver pick us up when we get off the ship and he drives us in to South Beach to have breakfast/lunch and waits for us then takes us the the FLL airport

we usually have breakfast on the ship, since it's included, and then head over to FLL. :

We also always fly into FLL (Southwest) as it is much cheaper than flying in to Miami, stay overnight in FLL and then uber/lyft to the port.  On the way home we uber/lyft to the airport from the port.  We find it much easier and quicker than waiting for a shuttle with a million other people, and it's fairly cost-effective.  So for 6 - UberXL would definitely work for you.

Edited by kfnesq
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, klarson1027 said:

Depends...do you have kids that require a car seat? Do you have a lot of luggage? UberXL says it’s designed for 6 passengers, but it probably won’t have room for everyones luggage if everyone is bringing a suitcase. 

I’m using QLS the day of cruise ($13pp, 5 of us, shared shuttle) to pick us up at hotel near FLL and take us to the Port of Miami. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

It seems like Uber has a less expensive fair from FLL airport to Miami than Lyft. We always use Lyft when we travel but wondered if anyone has used them and the cost.

Check out http://www.whatsthefare.com

You plug in starting and ending addresses and you get cost comparison between Uber, Lyft and taxi.

41 minutes ago, 100th Meridian said:

Depends...do you have kids that require a car seat? Do you have a lot of luggage? UberXL says it’s designed for 6 passengers, but it probably won’t have room for everyones luggage if everyone is bringing a suitcase. 

I’m using QLS the day of cruise ($13pp, 5 of us, shared shuttle) to pick us up at hotel near FLL and take us to the Port of Miami. 

It will be 6 adults and probably each person will have a suitcase. Do you think we can pack in? What kind of vehicles do they consider uber XL?

We always use SAS Transportation from FLL to Miami. They not only drop us off at our hotel in Miami, but also pick us up after our cruise in Miami and take us back to the FLL airport. Very dependable and very reasonably priced.

• Like 1

We used MJS Transport last year and have booked again this year.  If you use them before one pm and have more than five in your party you pay 13 dollars a person (15 regular) from FLL to the port or port to FLL.  Great trip, no complaints at all, driver was great.  Using them the night before to a hotel you pay a bit more (18) per direction.

1 hour ago, n8botting said:

Take the train from fll to mia, then Uber or taxi etc. To final destination. Train was approx. $4/person

Why go through the hassle of the two step process having to shlep your bags when you can pay 15pp for a shared shuttle from SAS or Jiffy Jeff or just use Uber. Why complicate things?

We always prebook Super Shuttle for our group cruises thru their website and book a private shuttle. That way they are waiting right there on the curb when we arrive. Cost from FLL to Miami hotel is around 100 including tip. that's appr. 17$pp. Great drivers, had never had to wait, no stops at other hotels... go straight to your hotel. You can also google and they always have a 10% off coupon code to use while booking. supershuttle. com

By the way we're on that cruise!!! Can't wait!!!

Edited by kayjay76
  • Like 1