Paradise Beach now offering an All Inclusive option.

imluvncruzn

Received an email from PB today saying they are now offering an AI option.  Appears that it is $63pp but they offered a 10% discount code in the email.  

INCLUDED

Free Entry
Drinks include Domestic Alcohol, Frozen Drinks, Margaritas, Piña Coladas, Sol, and XX Beer, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks, Sodas and Water (Yards, Shots, Wine, or drinks served in Coconuts or pineapples are not included)
Food is served a la Carte from our excellent Menu
Heated Pool and Fresh Water Showers
Lounge Chairs
Restrooms and Changing Rooms
Free High-Speed Wi-Fi
ALSO AVAILABLE (Surcharges Apply)

Premium and Top Shelf Liquor options
Fun Pass (Water Park + Kayaks + Paddleboards + Snorkeling Gear)
Wave Runners, Parasailing and Banana Boat
Massages and Braids
Henna Tattoos
Lockers

39 minutes ago, imluvncruzn said:

Received an email from PB today saying they are now offering an AI option.  Appears that it is $63pp but they offered a 10% discount code in the email.  

INCLUDED

Free Entry
Drinks include Domestic Alcohol, Frozen Drinks, Margaritas, Piña Coladas, Sol, and XX Beer, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks, Sodas and Water (Yards, Shots, Wine, or drinks served in Coconuts or pineapples are not included)
Food is served a la Carte from our excellent Menu
Heated Pool and Fresh Water Showers
Lounge Chairs
Restrooms and Changing Rooms
Free High-Speed Wi-Fi
ALSO AVAILABLE (Surcharges Apply)

Premium and Top Shelf Liquor options
Fun Pass (Water Park + Kayaks + Paddleboards + Snorkeling Gear)
Wave Runners, Parasailing and Banana Boat
Massages and Braids
Henna Tattoos
Lockers

Seems expensive for families especially with water park fees on top of that. Hope it remains optional. 

Does it say what age they start charging for children and what the child rate would be?

I wonder how they will police “sharing”.

It says all members of your group, family, or couples are required to participate in the all-inclusive option.  0-4 free, 5-11 $38, 12-17 $44 and adults $63.  It is optional. You can still pay as you go.  Its close to the Mr. Sanchos price of $55 if you use the discount code.  You have to pay extra for water park fees and Sanchos also.  

16 minutes ago, imluvncruzn said:

It says all members of your group, family, or couples are required to participate in the all-inclusive option.  0-4 free, 5-11 $38, 12-17 $44 and adults $63.  It is optional. You can still pay as you go.  Its close to the Mr. Sanchos price of $55 if you use the discount code.  You have to pay extra for water park fees and Sanchos also.  

I see the details on the website now.

i think the waterpark fee is less at Sanchos.

We will be there in 3 weeks and are going to give it a try.  PB has a much nicer pool and cleaner facilities than Sanchos.  We've went to Sanchos the last 3x we've visited Cozumel but I'm happy to try this new option at PB.  Will report here when I get back!  

Hi Imluvncruzn, Could you please let us know how it went when you come back. We are going at the end of March and we are not big drinkers so we wanted to pay as we go and pay for our two teenagers to use the beach package. 

Thanks

I hope it's an OPTION. Last Summer we went there twice during out now annual trip to Cozumel. We walked there from the condos we were staying at and they always admitted us for free if we told them we would buy food and drinks. Buying lunch and with several alcohol and non-alcohol drinks for each of 4 people in our immediate family never ran more than $80 total. That's with a generous tip.

On 1/19/2019 at 7:38 PM, imluvncruzn said:

We will be there in 3 weeks and are going to give it a try.  PB has a much nicer pool and cleaner facilities than Sanchos.  We've went to Sanchos the last 3x we've visited Cozumel but I'm happy to try this new option at PB.  Will report here when I get back!  

Eager to hear your feedback. We love Paradise beach and plan on going when we stop there March next year. We're not big drinkers, so I wouldn't do an all inclusive.

I'm interested in AI because I could probably eat my weight in chips/salsa/guacamole.  (And I'm a big guy....)

I emailed them to confirm their menu for AI and al a carte is the same and they replied this morning saying, yes the menu would be the same.  I know some AI places seem to dumb down the menu a bit.  

I'm definitely interested.

6 minutes ago, TNixon123 said:

I'm interested in AI because I could probably eat my weight in chips/salsa/guacamole.  (And I'm a big guy....)

I emailed them to confirm their menu for AI and al a carte is the same and they replied this morning saying, yes the menu would be the same.  I know some AI places seem to dumb down the menu a bit.  

I'm definitely interested.

Looking forward to your trip report.  Have a great cruise! 😎

On 1/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, Paula B said:

Hi Imluvncruzn, Could you please let us know how it went when you come back. We are going at the end of March and we are not big drinkers so we wanted to pay as we go and pay for our two teenagers to use the beach package. 

Thanks

Will do!  

1 hour ago, imluvncruzn said:

The discount code is SUNSHINE

I see there is a discount for the waterpark if you pre-book, which brings it more in line with Sanchos.

Does the email say if a deposit, or full payment is required? Also, I don't see a cancellation policy in the terms and conditions, is that stated in the email?

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I see there is a discount for the waterpark if you pre-book, which brings it more in line with Sanchos.

Does the email say if a deposit, or full payment is required? Also, I don't see a cancellation policy in the terms and conditions, is that stated in the email?

No cancellation policy in the email either.  I emailed them tonight about that so I'll let you know once I hear back from them.  The down payment is 1/2 due at time of booking and 1/2 payable upon arrival.  

I'm not sure what others have experienced but I've never paid anything for the waterpark at Paradise Beach. At the entrance, when they ask us what our plans are, we've just told them we'd like to enjoy the pool, beach and inflatables and buy lots of food and drinks. They haven't asked for any fee to use any of it. Just paid for our food and drinks. I'd be hesitant to buy a waterpark pass in advance even at a discount if there's a good chance they wouldn't charge you for it on site. Things could have changed since last June/July when we were there last though. Have fun!

We're booked for the all-inclusive at Paradise for next week. Hopefully I'll remember to come back and give a report.

Deposit was half now, half on arrival.  All communication has said same menu, all frozen drinks, some beers, mixed drinks, etc - no shots or Yards drinks, premiums booze at cost.   At $8.50 for frozen drink or $5 a beer, plus food at $8-15 or so, we'll easily hit $63 per person, without remotely getting drunk... 

Worth a try anyways... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Why would it be unsuccessful?  It sounds like a money maker.

It may be successful for them in generating additional revenue. If they made it all-inclusive period, that would be a bit more of a gamble that the majority of customers would be cruisers.

Many people like myself go there on a land-based vacation for 3-4 hours. During that time with lunch for 4, non-alcoholic drinks, and several buckets of beer and/or frozen cocktails for my wife and I, the total bill was always in that $70-$80 range the several times we went there. Looking at an old receipt (yes, I keep them in my vacation box sometimes, that was before tip actually). When we've been to PB, we've seen many local families enjoying a day there as well. It's an affordable, fun way to spend a day.

That's one of the many reasons people go to Cozumel for a land-based vacation. It's beautiful there, some of the best snorkeling and diving in the world, and relatively inexpensive. My half of a luxury 4 BR condo (beautiful pools and right on the ocean) for an 11 night stay this Summer is going to run $1,600. Two very full grocery carts of food and liquor (for 7 people) from Mega will likely run about $400 and last half the trip. Try renting a run down cabin or cottage in Minnesota or upstate NY or wherever for that for a week or less. 

I can't find the most recent numbers but those that are a few years old suggest about 4 million tourists visit Cozumel each year. The same numbers say 3/4 of them are on cruise ships. That said, those passengers are only there for a matter of hours not days, weeks or months. Cruisers have many beach clubs and other activities to choose from. And, also, this is not taking into account the many locals that like to go to PB in and outside of the main tourist season.

That's a long-winded response but just saying, going AI period is going to alienate a large crowd of people in all likelihood. AI for those who want it, why not?