Allure Live, January 27 to February 3. - Where my Beaches At?

A&L_Ont

Our plans for tonight. Giovanni’s and Mama Mia. 

Owen’s plans at home... dinner by Grandma Sharon. Owen said “This one is for dad since her takes good pictures”. 

1764B08E-7038-4AB4-88F8-C649B8AC313D.thumb.jpeg.3e72e5b24707f18b2c04e3811c9198e5.jpeg

I think he has it pretty darn good.

Chances are he might even have school due to heavy snow and cold. It’s bad enough hockey practice tonight has been cancelled for tonight.  

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Luv06012012 said:

I am super jealous of Owen!! Grandmom is making sure he is fed like a king! Too cute!!! For a second I thought that was a plate from Allure. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel the same way, was thinking the background could be the countertop in the suite, but then I saw the plate!

If you have a chance, I wouldn’t mind seeing the wines by the glass prices from Vintages.  Does anywhere on the ship offer Caymus by the glass? Thanks in advance!

Edited by inar

5 hours ago, Pratique said:

Suite boarding at POM Terminal A for Symphony was easy peasy. Enter the building, turn right immediately (don't make our mistake of attempting to take the escalator up - I was mesmerized in by the giant moving propeller art), take the elevator up to the separate suite security and check-in area, and walk directly onto the ship. Five minutes tops. This was at 11:30 am. The sail away is amazing, and also fun watching the other ships leave too. And the turnaround basin is very cool at 3:30 am, worth getting up early for, then going back to bed.

Thanks so much for that very valuable advice!

51 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

Formal night I see.

He’d fit in as a local on the Island with those sandals. 

41 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

very curious to know your thoughts on whether or no the show is "too long"    2h 45m including intermission.    May cut into my cognac and cigar smoking time.

It goes by fairly quickly. I’m tapping my toes and Lisa is singing along. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Allura_317 said:

Feel the same way, was thinking the background could be the countertop in the suite, but then I saw the plate!

The plate is the dead giveaway. It’s not our Wedding China. It’s the “we had children” China. 

5 hours ago, inar said:

If you have a chance, I wouldn’t mind seeing the wines by the glass prices from Vintages.  Does anywhere on the ship offer Caymus by the glass? Thanks in advance!

I’m not a wine drinker but, someone please chime if you know the answer. 

1 hour ago, krewzin said:

Your ankles still look ok. 

That made me laugh pretty hard, but not the hardest yet tonight. That story shortly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After dinner we headed back to our cabin to get into comfortable clothing. Up on deck 17 the artwork is a static display of didgeridoos. Well, that is should be. There was a man blowing on one and it worked, pretty well. 

1B0E0D48-C9E1-4480-85F0-DBBC5620E872.thumb.jpeg.96f7f8e75b0365c967a688171d88c33f.jpeg

The stewards were gone by 8:30pm. 

6F307DA9-E4B6-444A-A005-DB7D7CF8B6D0.thumb.jpeg.1d64b1e5388b81156c972d4a6fc2e47a.jpeg

E125C2CC-6A83-43D1-9D0E-33A64E62B632.thumb.jpeg.800a65c8ecd951a9a723d3f0df3e0f00.jpeg

Very little was in the hallway, well except for our neighbours breakfast hanger. Being curious I looked.  They must have a big day planned. 😉

1111F336-DF43-4A0C-B6A5-CADBA040084B.thumb.jpeg.b8800cafcaa2f9fb917cdee311ac7267.jpeg

So folks that’s it for tonite. I’m a bit beat and my feet are barking. Mama Mia was pretty amazing, Lisa says great. 

I have a couple things to share, but they can wait until tomorrow morning. Catch you then. 

Nite all. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Andrew to help with the imposing kankle problem, try to avoid the salty things at breakfast. Sausage and bacon. You know the alcohol also makes you swell, but I'd never suggest a cut down on that. 

Thanks for the tips. Sadly I’ve not had bacon or sausage.  

However, I’ve been drinking a ton of water. I also have natural diuretics, but I haven’t started at the maximum dosage per day. I figured I could work up to that.  I don’t want to be up all night going to the bathroom.

I also brought epson salts to soak my feet in the tub, which would have worked for Harmony but we forgot that Allure has two showers in this cabin and no tub. I could always put them, one at a time in the toilet, and soak my feet. 🤔 Imagine the other thread currently active on CC where people are worried about pre-pool showers. 🤣😱

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3