Allure Live, January 27 to February 3. - Where my Beaches At?

A&L_Ont

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I am a Miami guy having been born there. We didn’t particularly care for the Port in Miami. We haven’t sailed out of the new terminal yet but driving to Miami from Ormond Beach (Daytona) adds about an hour and stresses the boss out because of traffic. We found the SunPass lane on our last excursion to Miami over New Years weekend. 

We absolutely loath Miami...filthiest place on the planet.  Course that is just our opinion.  We wouldn't return there if we didn't have to get to Symphony.  We loved Ft. Lauderdale, so clean and friendly.  Don't know what the angst is about it.  And don't say we do not know Miami, been there for 4 cruises.  Isch!

• Like 2

So let’s get this back on track. I go riding for a few hours and it now looks like I need to build a wall. LOL

Small lines at the wave and an old familiar face. KC Steve is on board. He saw our flag before he saw us. I rode for a couple hours and all is good. As always, good people in line. 

Lisa reports back that one set of towels had been “adiosed” by the pool deck crew. Other wise it’s all good. Flaked out at the beach pool with a Bahama Mama. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I am a Miami guy having been born there. We didn’t particularly care for the Port in Miami. We haven’t sailed out of the new terminal yet but driving to Miami from Ormond Beach (Daytona) adds about an hour and stresses the boss out because of traffic. We found the SunPass lane on our last excursion to Miami over New Years weekend. 

Ft. Lauderdale has certainly been smoother and more organized.  I give them that. Have not sailed out of the Crown of Miami yet - will do so when we board Symphony in 11 months.  HOWEVER, the sail away from Miami is breathtaking.  

Edited by Andy C
  • Like 2

A few while out looking for food. Man it’s hard to find here. 😉

A7F53006-E9C7-4A16-AC4D-7BDEB99E7797.thumb.jpeg.e9e19ae327ab4b843a6d685ef4aeb828.jpeg

D7612D4E-0808-48CC-B15B-802FD8FC07E8.thumb.jpeg.ae69b5047f19183b4191cbdc1cf2b32d.jpeg

Progressive Trivia. Missed the first one, I’m out. 

7A65709A-7E95-4C5E-AC92-1B1EA0D3C2A5.thumb.jpeg.1fff5dd731e357cbea26e0a59a5be5ed.jpeg

3903D02B-2943-41B5-AE6B-8B6EBDB3A6B9.thumb.jpeg.860b52180bb229ea4154f801e8165413.jpeg

Miss the horses on Harmony. It’s nice to see they are back on Symphony. 

6363CB70-FB27-4220-80ED-9DD6A2A0F0B7.thumb.jpeg.2a41560cd7ebebd49d6eda694ea95a36.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Andrew, who is the CK MGR? 

I will ask. 

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Ugh, that Flowrider line looks looong.

Agreed. If it shortens I will head back to it. 

30 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Ft. Lauderdale has certainly been smoother and more organized.  I give them that. Have not sailed out of the Crown of Miami yet - will do so when we board Symphony in 11 months.  HOWEVER, the sail away from Miami is breathtaking.  

Suite boarding at POM Terminal A for Symphony was easy peasy. Enter the building, turn right immediately (don't make our mistake of attempting to take the escalator up - I was mesmerized in by the giant moving propeller art), take the elevator up to the separate suite security and check-in area, and walk directly onto the ship. Five minutes tops. This was at 11:30 am. The sail away is amazing, and also fun watching the other ships leave too. And the turnaround basin is very cool at 3:30 am, worth getting up early for, then going back to bed.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 12:39 PM, 216Cruiser said:

This is great so far, thanks. 2 weeks from today - going on the same ship, same ports, staying very near your same hotel, leaving the same extreme cold weather (just a little south of you), definitely staying in a different room though hahaha. Looking forward to the rest of your review. 

We will be there too!  can't wait!

48 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Miss the horses on Harmony. It’s nice to see they are back on Symphony.

Agreed on the horses. IMHO Symphony is the most elegant and beautiful ship of the four, except for the weird VW Beetle art on the Promenade. Unfortunately, the cabanas on the Suite Sundeck were eliminated, though. Can't have everything I guess. We'll be on Allure again this year and also next year for the westbound TA, so we'll get to see her pre- and post-drydock. She's still looking good in your photos though.

40 minutes ago, Biker19 said:
Did you notice a Key session on the other Flowrider in the morning? How many on it?

They had it prior to Advanced on the port side. There were maybe 4 keyhole-riders. They already have a nickname, just like the class-holes. [emoji6]

Guess where I’m going shortly.

0e902763d5a53b453a4177293d5dea04.jpg

40 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

I prefer hairless kankle pics.

Next report tomorrow at noon or two or whenever I get there.  Who knows, maybe I’ll shave them for you. 

33 minutes ago, Pratique said:
Suite boarding at POM Terminal A for Symphony was easy peasy. Enter the building, turn right immediately (don't make our mistake of attempting to take the escalator up - I was mesmerized in by the giant moving propeller art), take the elevator up to the separate suite security and check-in area, and walk directly onto the ship. Five minutes tops. This was at 11:30 am. The sail away is amazing, and also fun watching the other ships leave too. And the turnaround basin is very cool at 3:30 am, worth getting up early for, then going back to bed.

We took the right path but you are right the props are mesmerizing. Moth meet candle. Just uploading a video of sail away right now on the balcony.

25 minutes ago, createmem said:
We will be there too!  can't wait!

You’ll have a blast.

14 minutes ago, Pratique said:
Agreed on the horses. IMHO Symphony is the most elegant and beautiful ship of the four, except for the weird VW Beetle art on the Promenade. Unfortunately, the cabanas on the Suite Sundeck were eliminated, though. Can't have everything I guess. We'll be on Allure again this year and also next year for the westbound TA, so we'll get to see her pre- and post-drydock. She's still looking good in your photos though.

The before and after will very interesting. She is showing some signs if age here and there but no worse than August of last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

Turn up your volume.  If you don’t like the music, The Foo Fighters, just imagine it’s The Flower Duet. It would work as well. 

Side note, if I was at home I’d change the video tile not to feature the Carnival Ship. Don’t worry though, we passed it immediately after we left the harbour channel.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1