Allure Live, January 27 to February 3. - Where my Beaches At?

A&L_Ont

5 minutes ago, bigjcruiser said:

Following as we are on Allure in April doing the same route (not in a suite though!).

We are also staying in the same hotel, also booked with points, would you still recommend despite the wait? We are flying in from the UK that day so wouldn't want to be hanging around waiting for the room.

Hope you have a lovely trip, looking forward to hearing all about it!

The hotel is clean, in great condition and is in a good location. I have no idea what went on, so all I can say is book a room that they have a lot of.  That might have been our issue with a cover room suite. Still totally unacceptable when Che k out is noon and checkin is 4pm. We didn’t get our room until 7:30. 

Andrew and Lisa I hope you have a great cruise.

I’m glad you finally got into what looks like a beautiful room.  I was afraid to come back today to read that they “walked” you which is a term used when they oversell and send you to another hotel. I was anticipating reading a post from a very angry person this morning. 

Too bad bad about the rain but hey it’s better than here in snowy Ontario.

Wishing you a fantastic week!

P.S. the mention of Owen’s tears gave me a lump in the throat but I am pretty sure he and gramma are doing just fine by now.  

14 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Waiting to hear about Cruise Life Rick.  Retired from CC?  Say it isn’t so.  Thanks for doing the review, Andrew.

Hopefully Rick will be back now that Tapatalk works again.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

So my followers. 

We are currently sitting in the Concereige Lounge on the 36th floor waiting for our room to be ready. We arrived at 4:40 pm and check in is at 4pm. It is now 6:55pm and our room is still not ready. They also have no idea to when it will be ready. With the Marathon going on there is not availability of rooms either. This is our first visit to this highly rated hotel and needless to say we have not been impressed. 

We had to cancel a dinner reservation for the Yardbird at 6:30 pm and we have had to cancel another reservation we made for a different location for 7pm. Totally unacceptable.  

I really don’t know what else to say, than you take your chances if you book here. After all it’s not we showed up at noon looking for an early check in.

Andrew, you can always tell them your D+. Lol

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Wait, what? Tapatalk is back? Hooray! Will make Live on Symphony in two weeks much easier. 😀

Andrew you can make it the next hour before it’s time head to the ship, you can do it. 😀

55 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Tap a Talk working again???????????

I cannot get it to load on my smart phone 7--------------------and even had the DH try...................yup he actually does know how to work those new eeelectronic device thingies...........

Thanks  

Tap a Talk working again???????????

I cannot get it to load on my smart phone 7--------------------and even had the DH try...................yup he actually does know how to work those new eeelectronic device thingies...........

Thanks  

I got it to work for me with the actual Tapatalk ap, not the cruise critic version of tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, nashirak said:

Did you try waving your star class paperwork at the police to see if they’ll move the barricades for you?

You had me laughing. Lisa was going to send me out to kick them over but I like you suggestion more. 😂

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Never used this tapatalk thing. What makes it so much better than just logging onto CC?

Never used it either but from what I've read, you could post pics directly from within the app...something that you couldn't do in the previous version of CC.  Makes live threads much easier to do from a mobile device.

Lisa just laughed at me when I said this was a game changer. Loser City, or something like that.

Oh yah, but she said yes when I asked her. LOL

Now testing on my iPhone.

039909c4edc8b49c28832a3b5e5b8612.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably mostly Marathon Runners, they started at 6:00 am.  Leaders would have finished before 8:30

BBG

For sure not me. LOL.

We chatted with a 67 year old man who has done 17 in a row. His best best time would be 1:46, but this year he ran it in 2:15 with an injury. Incredible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Half marathon runners are coming in. 

5 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Probably mostly Marathon Runners, they started at 6:00 am.  Leaders would have finished before 8:30

BBG

Yes, but these are the other half.