Allure Live, January 27 to February 3. - Where my Beaches At?

A&L_Ont

4 hours ago, aring75 said:

Yay! Got my coffee and settled in. Chilly in Florida this morning, but NOTHING like your temps. And will be downright reasonable by this afternoon. Looks like a drizzle down south, but not too bad. Here's hoping for a great sailaway!!

I agree on all accords. 

4 hours ago, eileen226 said:

Safe flight.  Looking forward to another of your entertaining reviews.

❤️

3 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

Looking forward to tour review as always. Weather is not good in South Florida this weekend. Hopefully you can sail away from bad weather into good times!

LOL, not good to you, is paradise to me. 

3 hours ago, LincolnLegend said:

Yay, another great review to follow! Following from a town in Australia that topped out at 48.3 C (or I believe 118 F) on Thursday, the snow photos are almost incomprehensible, I hope you get to enjoy much warmer weather on your cruise!

You want incomprehensible. We got this overnight last year. Oh, and I’m standing.  We have extremes here, from cold to 35C weather in the summer.

I did read about the woman in Australia who had a snake bite her, from inside the toilet at night.  If I ever come to Australia I’m turning the light on at night before  I go to the bathroom in the dark. 

9CB31833-3C91-4F63-A45A-C8B4044FFBEC.thumb.jpeg.69bcdc65fd1bc49d0471dbaf13f3701f.jpeg

3 hours ago, NSnewcruiser said:

Awesome,good to see you are doing a live review of your cruise Andrew.Hopefully CC doesn't crap out on you.Hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful cruise.Enjoy the warmer weather as it has been chilly here in Canada this winter.Flying from Toronto and not Detroit?

Flight were almost the same price and they have better departure times. We actually get home 2 hours early, but that enough about getting home. 

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Wow, Andrew, I was afraid you'll skip the review this time... Usually, you're starting much earlier, luggage, Lucy giving you the "s...gn eye", the works...

Glad you're back.

Wishing you and Lisa a wonderful weather and an enjoyable cruise, safe travels.😀

Owen gave us the stink eye this morning with a few crocodile tears. 

2 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

We’re getting off when you get on. It’s been a great week. Dexter just returned this sailing and he and Junior have been great concierges. Only disappointment is Allure has not yet been approved by CBP for luggage valet in Miami so we’ll have to claim our bags and get them to the airport. Enjoy yoy trip!

Cindy

Flying back to Canada LV won’t work for us, but it will be nice to see Dexter and Junior again. 

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

Following along Andrew.  I am curious as to the SL/CK set up on this ship - please post some good pics of these areas.  Thanks!

Will do. 

40 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

Andrew, thanks for deciding to do a live review!  Can't wait for more.  BTW, is Owen playing hockey this season? If so, how's his team doing?

Yes he is. He is first year Peewee and they are top of their division. Final regular season game is Sunday so expect a final score. He has around 20 goals and 20 assists this season. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

During Christmas there was a CSI Miami Marathon on TV of all the episodes. We watched almost all of it, while laughing at Horatio’s sideways stances as he looked over his sunglasses. 

This view however always caught my attention. I see a RC ship and our hotel. 

FF87D4D5-53F0-4B19-94CE-3120982EA0DE.thumb.jpeg.4e51e7e30c56c9cbc672fa4e77ef52fa.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eileen226 said:

Andrew, if you don’t mind me asking, which hotel are you staying at?

so excited to travel along with you this week.  We sail on Symphony one week from today.

JW Marriott Marquis.  It has come well recommended by a good cruise friend. We have never been before and we’re able to book it on points.  We have it booked for March as well, so hopefully it will be good.

As for Symphony that’s awesome. We board Symphony March 9th... I’m really looking forward to Playmakers and Hooked. I will admit, I’m jealous. 

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

Have a great cruise Andrew.  Way to many negative numbers in that weather forecast.  Love the WT F screen shots.  Always entertaining, although not always safe for posting.

Yes, I used the one with no profanity even though they are so much funnier. 

• Thanks 1

Boarding is shortly. We are off to get a bottle of water and we will see you in MIA. 

I have 4 episodes downloaded of The Grand Tour from Amazon TV ready to go. For those interested, Lisa has downloaded the first season of Orange is the New Black. She is sad to miss the last episode of Outlander while we are away. Thank goodness for PVR. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

We’re getting off when you get on. It’s been a great week. Dexter just returned this sailing and he and Junior have been great concierges. Only disappointment is Allure has not yet been approved by CBP for luggage valet in Miami so we’ll have to claim our bags and get them to the airport. Enjoy yoy trip!

Cindy

No problem.  Getting off last week was a breeze.  Facial recognition helps speed the process.  The taxi situation was much improved (in spite of the drenching downpour) from November and Symphony.

• Like 2

Photo  at the end of  April on walking trail off Icefields Parkway Canadian Rockies. Loved the snow but not a good idea to go off trail!! Travel is about new experiences, I love to visit Canada, but not sure I could  endure the months of winter snow.

FYI, tomorrow is the Miami marathon so there may be congestion in downtown Miami.

looking forward to virtually travelling with you.

image.thumb.png.4930e56ab7ef389e1cf83d1257dc00de.png

• Haha 1

Following along as always.  Thank you SO much for helping us survive the final week of January.  Right now, a week on Allure with Dexter sounds like heaven.  We'll be leaving for our Harmony cruise in exactly 40 days, but who's counting?  Glad you're able to escape the snow and ice, and I hope you enjoy the night in Miami.

Mal

• Like 1

Yay!!!  Good to see you back on with another review!  We leave next Friday for our Oasis cruise.  Not looking forward one bit to this weeks weather here in Michigan so it cannot come soon enough.  I am glad you were weather today was decent for your departure.  Have a wonderful time!

• Like 1