Need help with choosing itineraries.

sunshine0

Hi every one, I’m looking at these 2 itineraries to pick, I’ve been to Grand Turk & Cozumel, I dont know anything about the other places, so I need your help to choose which one would suit us better.

We’ll bring our 3 years old daughter, so we prefer less hassel, we’d like to go to the nearby local market to buy souvenirs, and also have nice beach for the kid to play. Thank you very much for your time.

#1 Grand turk, St. Thomas, St. Juan, Amber Cove.

#2 Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel.

26 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Based on wanting less hassle, I would go with number 1. Number 2 requires tendering, which Carnival now calls water shuttles, at Belize and Grand Cayman. 

I agree for these same reasons.  Additionally, offhand I can't think of any excursions in Belize that would be fun and practical for a child that age.

Number 1 looks great. No tendering and a nice combo of souvenirs in San Juan and st Thomas and beach opportunities with all but San juan. Lots of unique shops in San juan. Water in grand turk is amazing. Amber cove has a great swimming pool area right in port.  

Definitely #1 for you. Grand Turk is a free beach right off the pier, and there’s also a free pool. At St Thomas you can easily take a taxi to Coki Beach, which I highly recommend. Coral World is right there, too, and your daughter would probably love it. (It’s a very nice aquarium/small zoo.) San Juan is a great place to walk around and shop. And Amber Cove has another free pool. 

• Like 1

Different opinion......best beaches are Tabayana on Roatan, 7 mile beach on GC,  and Paradise, Nachi or Mr Sanchos on Coz.  Belize is indeed a tender port, but one can find something to do with a 3 yr old in tow.  To me, tendering is not a negative, although I do prefer going from the ship straight to a small boat to take me directly to a nearby isle or beach, wish Carnival didn't do away with that option.  Other cruise lines bypass the tender port on some excursions as well.

First option has Amber Cove, which is a Carnival built port with no beach.  I saw no reason to get off the ship there as I had already spent a week in the nearby town of Puerto Plata and found it comparable to Brooklyn NY beaches, ugh!

On option one, GT has a beautiful beach, esp. if you wander past the crowds and rocky parts to Jacks Shack or thereabouts.  The San Juan beaches are meh, and as I said, Amber Cove has no beach at all..

If you want the most beach time #2 has the most.  If you choose #1 there are no close beaches in San Juan or amber cove.  

Tendering isn’t a big deal to us.  We tendered off the ship in Belize with our three year old and then hopped on another boat to Goff’s caye.   It was a fun day.  

I would chose the second crusie.  It’s so hot walking around San Juan.  And amber cove excursions are for older kids.   I can go to a nice pool at home 

10 hours ago, sunshine0 said:

#1 Grand turk, St. Thomas, St. Juan, Amber Cove.

#2 Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel.

#1 in a heartbeat

too many people giving you advice on what they would do rather than what’s best for a 3 year old

and as for San Juan, maybe stay on the ship and enjoy the pool while everyone else if in Port

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth

I would take option 1.

If you take an island tour, you should try to visit the Turks National museum with artifacts about John Glenn.

They upstairs has many interesting photos and things to look at.

And Amber Cover was built by Carnival so it would be interesting to see how nice it is.

Also revisiting San Juan to see how they have recovered from Hurricane.

good luck