Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

2 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

I’m certainly permitted, as a non upper tier cruiser, to have an opinion on just about anything.  You’re free to totally disregard my opinion because I’m just part of steerage. I’ve not yet posted my own experience in these oh so uppity lounges, but I certainly DID and will continue to comment on adults complaining about the quality of their free drinks. 

This entire thread is a big reason why so many are reluctant to post anything here.  But hey, you have a wonderful day.  

Personally I only make comments on events that I have done and experienced because I know them to be fact.

In my nearly 8 years of being Diamond and Diamond+ the DL atmosphere has always been very cordial and people very friendly.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I can see folks wearing a lanyard to hold their card in.  On the other hand I don't know what reason a Pinnacle would wear their pin for  other than to show others what their status is.  Unless I am missing something

What do you care?  If they want to show their Pins it's their prerogative as we are still (so far) free to do as we please.  I saw a gentleman in the DL on Oasis a couple of years ago and he had a light blue polo shirt with a C&A with a Diamond + logo.  On one hand I said,  yeah he was showing off and at the same time I thought that he was proud of the achievement.

So I wear my 9.11 pin to honor my fallen brethren's  on the upper floors of the North Tower-I'm sure some folks will find something to b..tch about.

In conclusion, as the old great NY Yankee Phil Rizzuto would exclaim "Holy Cow" we're at 41 pages of whining & complaints.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

I am very torn about the lanyard issue.   For many,  my wife and kids included (not me as I always have a pocket being a guy) it is an easy way to have your card on you and not lose it.  I will admit that my wife and kids never loses theirs because of the lanyard,  unlike me that loses my card from my pocket 2-3 times a cruise.  On the other hand I totally understand that for some it is flashing status.   However,  again it is a very convenient way to not lose a card.

A lot of my light weight summer clothing does not have pockets or they are very shallow. When that is the case, I use a lanyard. I can HONESTLY say I have never thought about "showing off" my C&A level or cabin type and I don't think I've ever looked at anyone else's. I'm not quite sure that is the intention as often as people may assume. I'm not saying there aren't braggers out there but, I think it's fewer than it sounds like on many posts.

8 minutes ago, nelblu said:

What do you care?  If they want to show their Pins it's their prerogative as we are still (so far) free to do as we please.  I saw a gentleman in the DL on Oasis a couple of years ago and he had a light blue polo shirt with a C&A with a Diamond + logo.  On one hand I said,  yeah he was showing off and at the same time I thought that he was proud of the achievement.

So I wear my 9.11 pin to honor my fallen brethren's  on the upper floors of the North Tower-I'm sure some folks will find something to b..tch about.

In conclusion, as the old great NY Yankee Phil Rizzuto would exclaim "Holy Cow" we're at 41 pages of whining & complaints.

It isn't all whining and complaints, there is a good amount of mud slinging at each other in those 41 pages too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Where is my post that you quoted did I say that I cared one way or another.  Please don't read into things that are not there😇  I could care less who wears what pins, lanyards etc

Edited by molly361

1 hour ago, island lady said:

There is that silly statement again.  Are you saying that being on a cruise ship (even in an inside cabin) is cheaper to be on...than simply staying at home?  Do your utilities, mortgage/rent, upkeep, taxes, insurance go bye-bye..pooof!... when you cruise? 

A cruise is in addition to the costs of maintaining your home.  How could being on a cruise be cheaper than staying at home?  Do you actually know anyone that cruises without also having a home to pay somewhere?  Cruising is an added expense.  

Super Mario?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Where is my post that you quoted did I say that I cared one way or another.  Please don't read into things that are not there😇  I could care less who wears what pins, lanyards etc

What would I take from your comment of "On the other hand I don't know what reason a Pinnacle would wear their pin for  other than to show others what their status is."

To me it looks as though you're sniping at those unfortunate Ps.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

When I read these threads it really makes me happy that I’ve never set foot in any of these lounges.  

That’s going to change for us.  I cannot imagine, however, parking in a lounge to be given complimentary drinks containing liquor that I hate.  Is there a rule that you can’t actually purchase liquor of your choice and enter your exclusive lounges?   If the liquor, wine and beer is so horrible, why are so many of you crowding into a small space to drink it?

Truly mind boggling.  

We've only been on two ships as new diamonds, Anthem and Jewel. Anthem was nice enough but we only ventured in a couple of times, mainly because there was always something going on elsewhere. Jewel was fab, they used the overflow viking crown lounge. The sav blanc was fine. Hubs was OK with the beer. We really enjoyed meeting and chatting with people or just enjoying a drink in our favourite part of ship before dinner.  So try first before you decide, you may like it! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

What would I take from your comment of "On the other hand I don't know what reason a Pinnacle would wear their pin for  other than to show others what their status is."

To me it looks as though you're sniping at those unfortunate Ps.

Sailing in Europe and Arabia I have only ever seen 1 person wearing a Pinnacle Badge.

Whatever people wear,be it a Pinnacle Badge,shorts and vest tops in the MDR, service medals, a suit or an evening dress it really is down to the individual what they decide to wear.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Totally agree...and is one of the reasons I don't wear a lanyard to put my card on display for all to see.  Don't care to advertise what C&A level I am at, nor cabin cat I happen to be in.  😉  My card stays in my pocket.  

The lanyard wearers aren't so bad, unless they notice the card holder has spun around and they have to make a concerted effort to make sure the gold is facing outward.  I always have pockets, so that's where my card is.

It's the ones that walk around holding their Gold card out, then putting it away to grab an ice cream cone or something at the Windjammer, or the ones that stand in the elevator holding their gold card against their chest to make sure everyone else in the elevator can see it, that make me shake my head. 

On one cruise, we got paired at dinner with a couple that would sit down an lay their card face up on the table, just so everyone else could see it. One night of that, and them bragging about every cruise they had been on was all we could take. The Maitre D' earned his pay and found us another table.

6 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We've only been on two ships as new diamonds, Anthem and Jewel. Anthem was nice enough but we only ventured in a couple of times, mainly because there was always something going on elsewhere. Jewel was fab, they used the overflow viking crown lounge. The sav blanc was fine. Hubs was OK with the beer. We really enjoyed meeting and chatting with people or just enjoying a drink in our favourite part of ship before dinner.  So try first before you decide, you may like it! 

We will be trying a lounge for the first time on our upcoming Harmony cruise.  I suspect we will end up in a lounge somewhere else.  We’re not into free drinks.  We’re also not huge drinkers but purchase the drink package.  It’s just a budgeting issue.  We LOVE talking to and meeting all kinds of people. We eat in the MDR at a large table.  On our last cruise we had two days of wonderful conversations with a Pinnacle we had met in the Pub. He told us why he chose to cruise so much and how he manages personal life.   That was my biggest question.  How on earth do you manage doctors appointments on the four days between your six week cruise schedule.  For those of you young, you’ll understand that at a later date.  

This thread was about cutbacks in the loyalty program.  Everyone’s doing that.  First class upgrades have gone away since the airlines fly these small commuter jets everywhere.  Things change. You’ll survive.  

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Personally I only make comments on events that I have done and experienced because I know them to be fact.

In my nearly 8 years of being Diamond and Diamond+ the DL atmosphere has always been very cordial and people very friendly.

I don’t think I’ve ever claimed the DL atmosphere wasn’t cordial.  Several upper tier posters complained about the inferior liquor they receive as complimentary drinks.  Other upper tier cruisers have commented on the DL chair hogs. I’ve commented on that and other things that I may find interesting or ridiculous.  Or both.   

I’ve been cruising since 1983.  Just not all on Royal.  If you want to exclude ANYONE from commenting on a thread unless they have verifiable personal experience by an upper tier cruiser, just make the entire website only accessible by those with verifiable upper tier status. 

I dont care to review your posting history to make sure you’ve never commented on a situation on which you didn’t personally participate (others tend to do that) so good for you.   You don’t have to read anything I have to say.   

Some of you upper tiers need to seriously lighten up.  I mean that. 

11 hours ago, nelblu said:

Why?  Isn't the DL crowded enough sometimes.  Don't lower yourself and stay where you belong in either the SL or CL.:classic_biggrin:

I hope you are joking. I also was wondering if the crowd in the Dl is friendlier than the CL/SL.  As i have never been ther, i do not KNOW that the DL is crowded. 

4 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

It wasn’t Super Mario

I’m totally done with this website. 

Where I come from, MOST of you would be called jagoffs

Enjoy your free cheap liquor. 

I was responding to someone else.

No clue where you are coming from.🤔

5 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

I hope you are joking. I also was wondering if the crowd in the Dl is friendlier than the CL/SL.  As i have never been ther, i do not KNOW that the DL is crowded. 

Yes, as per my smiley :classic_biggrin: face.

9 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

It wasn’t Super Mario

I’m totally done with this website. 

Where I come from, MOST of you would be called jagoffs

Enjoy your free cheap liquor. 

Don't let the door hit you know where.:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Just finished reading all 40 pages of the review.  Thank you John for bringing it up to our attention.

Thank you Andy for writing a well-balanced review.   It was informative without being too wordy, it had drama and excitement with the potential conflict with P's on your cruise, it was heartwarming how your kids were treated, it provoked spirited debate.  All the hallmarks of great storytelling.  Is there an award I can nominate it for?

Most importantly, you gave praise where needed while not turning a blind eye to the deficiencies and in fact, taking steps to correct them, leaving the ship and crew better prepared the next time around.

Well done.

I found it trite and condescending 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I would add that how much people do, or don't, drink during a week of vacation time probably has close to zero impact on longevity.

But how about when those one weeks are repeated 15 times in 1 year?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I found it trite and condescending 

So far I have made it to page 25 and I was understanding some of the concerns. But it has turned into such a war on Pinnacles that I don't know if I'll get any further with it.