Transfers lax San Pedro

BCCRUSINGCOUPLE

At LAX I simply asked where the Uber pickup area is. They pointed it out and that's where I got picked up. Same at the port in San Pedro. I used the Uber app on my phone to get a car. Be sure to enter your actual pickup location as some Uber drivers don't do some of the routes while others do them frequently.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

How do you do it from an airport? And do they even pick up at Long Beach? I've heard that some airports don't allow Uber pick up, only drop off. 

Do I just order an Uber on my app and then find a designated Uber pick up area? 

You load the app on your phone so it works wherever you are. 

Yes it works at LGB. We have used it several times there both to and from.

Yes just order on your phone and find the designated spot. Love Long Beach because it is so small!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

At LAX I simply asked where the Uber pickup area is. They pointed it out and that's where I got picked up. Same at the port in San Pedro. I used the Uber app on my phone to get a car. Be sure to enter your actual pickup location as some Uber drivers don't do some of the routes while others do them frequently.

It also prompts you where at LAX to get picked up on the APP as well as signage along the curb on that upper level.

We had 1 bad experience on Princess shuttle a few years back and I swore never again.  On our Panama cruise DH insisted we take the Princess shuttle and I gave in.  We had no trouble whatsoever there and back to LAX.  I would never take Uber or Lyft, to me it's like getting into a car with a stranger.  May as well hitch hike to the ship.

5 minutes ago, elliair said:

I would never take Uber or Lyft, to me it's like getting into a car with a stranger.  May as well hitch hike to the ship.

And a cab/taxi is not?

Just because a taxi has Yellow Cab stickers in the side does not mean it is legit.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Be sure to enter your actual pickup location as some Uber drivers don't do some of the routes while others do them frequently.

A little confused by telling them where my location is.  If I come out of Term 3 at LAX and order Uber do they not see where I am on GPS ??

18 minutes ago, Pstcrik said:

A little confused by telling them where my location is.  If I come out of Term 3 at LAX and order Uber do they not see where I am on GPS ??

They have to go to the Uber pickup area on the upper level.

They will see that you are at LAX.

IMHO, It seems that this topic (transportation) is right up there with the food topic. Everyone has different likes and dislikes.

Some prefer Uber or Lift

Some prefer Super Shuttle

Some prefer Taxi

Some prefer Princess bus

I think that whatever floats your boat and you feel comfortable with is what you should choose.

There are designated Lyft/Uber pick up locations at airports across the country. 

All you need do is ask where that is and go there. 

You’ll have a vehicle description and LP along with name and photo of the driver who will be picking you up. 

Of the two, Lyft is my first choice. But I’ve never had a problem with either. 

On 2/28/2019 at 9:17 PM, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

Every time we cruise out of San Pedro we usually take a taxi to the port. Just wondering how has your experience been taking the princess transfer from the airport to the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take Uber or Lyft.  So easy.  And cheap.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

We never fly in the day of a cruise.  We always rent a car for (I believe it was $36 dollars for the day) and we then drop it off at the location closest to San Pedro (right beside I believe the Crown Plaza) and they then shuttle us to the pier. Easy peasy and we have the car to go out to dinner and shopping.    The drive between the airport and San Pedro is one straight line.  No issues.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 9:17 PM, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

Every time we cruise out of San Pedro we usually take a taxi to the port. Just wondering how has your experience been taking the princess transfer from the airport to the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I have used the Princess transfer from LAX to San Pedro twice and both times it's been very easy and had no problems either time.  Would definitely recommend it.

Tom

1 hour ago, Cruisercl said:

Can you share what company you use?

Prefer a town car.

Thx.☺

We always us ontime1.com.  Good rate for a town car and very reliable with clean vehicles.  Cost between $55 and $65.

Update: They may have increase their rates  recently.

Edited by Husky61
new info
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Husky61 said:

We always us ontime1.com.  Good rate for a town car and very reliable with clean vehicles.  Cost between $55 and $65.

great company. A + service 

55 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

Update: They may have increase their rates  recently.

Great, thanks! 

I realize everything is more expensive now. I like to use companies that are recommended even if it is a bit more $$. I like reliability. ☺