San Diego Airports to HAL Port?

whitford

How far and what is the hassle level of flying into the San Diego Airport and the transferring (Taxi)  to the HAL departure port? How long does it take in off traffic hours (10am -2pm) and during the rush.

Thanks

How far and what is the hassle level of flying into the San Diego Airport and the transferring (Taxi)  to the HAL departure port? How long does it take in off traffic hours (10am -2pm) and during the rush. Thanks

2.4 miles from airport to port. San Diego transfer to port is probably one of easiest and hassle free operations anywhere.

10-15 minutes

San Diego Taxi rates

Getting in: $2.80

Each mile: $3

Waiting: $24/hr.

From Airport add: $2.00

$14-16

Uber avail outside baggage claim and a few dollars cheaper.

You could take a city bus. Number 922 for $2.25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There may be more traffic than what you're used to in Bozeman, but as others have stated, one of the easiest ports to get to.  I walk to the terminal from my hotel.  

Roz

13 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Uber avail outside baggage claim and a few dollars cheaper.

Or Lyft. I have both on my phone and Lyft is always sending me "coupons" so it's usually cheaper than Uber. 

42 minutes ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

For uber, what address do i put in for the cruise terminal, ( is there more then one?)

Depends on who you're flying inbound;

Terminal 1 is mostly domestic with some exceptions (San Jose del Cabo) incl. Allegiant, Frontier, Southwest, Spirit Airlines and Sun Country

Terminal 2 (International Arrivals) Air Canada,  British Airways, Japan Airlines, Lufthansa, Edelweiss and Westjet plus (U.S.) Alaska, American, Delta, Hawaiian, JetBlue and United

And there's also a commuter terminal for flights to/from LAX and elsewhere

There are two terminals, but unless there are three ships in port (a rarity) they only use B-Street.  In Downtown SD the streets go in alphabetical order, so B Street Pier is unsurprisingly at the foot of B Street.  🙂 

https://goo.gl/maps/CjQojhKdEXE2

I happen to know for a fact that your cruise leaves from B Street.  See you in 19 days!

Also, if you're hearty, know that it is entirely possible to walk from the airport to the cruise terminal (and back).  It's all on the waterfront and there are sidewalks the whole way.

Edited by photomikey

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

Depends on who you're flying inbound;

Terminal 1 is mostly domestic with some exceptions (San Jose del Cabo) incl. Allegiant, Frontier, Southwest, Spirit Airlines and Sun Country

Terminal 2 (International Arrivals) Air Canada,  British Airways, Japan Airlines, Lufthansa, Edelweiss and Westjet plus (U.S.) Alaska, American, Delta, Hawaiian, JetBlue and United

And there's also a commuter terminal for flights to/from LAX and elsewhere

Sorry, read your question wrong

Cruise terminal address is 

1140 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101

10 minutes ago, photomikey said:

Also, if you're hearty, know that it is entirely possible to walk from the airport to the cruise terminal (and back).  It's all on the waterfront and there are sidewalks the whole way.

We have done this a couple times.  Lovely walk!  I should add that both times were after short Pacific Coastal cruises and we didn't have a lot of luggage 😉  But with a couple rolling bags I wouldn't hesitate to do it anytime.

The OP should be please to know that as soon as your plane lands,  you are really only a shuttle-bus away.   You can  probably see your ship from the Starboard side of the airplane on your approach.   

You are so close that the Captain of your ship could probably tee-off with his driver from the shipboard helipad and reach you in 6 or 7.  From the airport ground transportation curb,  it's a dogleg right over the hazard.

Others posters are absolutely correct that this is a beautiful walk, jog, ride, stroll or smart-phone scooter rental along the bayfront to your destination which is affectionately known as "The Embarcardero" .   

The Cadillac way to go would be if you and yours owned one of those state-of-the-art motorized 22" carry-ons that you see in the SkyMall magazine.    

Edited by JRG