Booking on website vs calling RCI

I always look at their website and know exactly what I want...then call RCI directly with the deck plan in front of me to make the booking. Once you make the booking you will have a certain number of days to transfer it to a TA if you choose to go that route. 

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bee Guy said:

Will I get the same deal if I book on the website as I would get calling RCI?  Is there any advantage that one method has over the other?

Much less frustration to book over the phone vs using Royal's glitchy website.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Agree...I only use it for checking on things and cruise planner purchase's...would never trust it to book or make the final payment.

G'Day Guys,

I browse the website looking for the cruise i want, deck, room etc & check all prices & discounts.

My PC at work has "issues" & crashes when trying to book a cruise when logged into C&A.

I gave them a call & all booked within 10 min on the phone.

All good

😎

I have booked through several TAs and now choose to book directly with RCCL Vacation Planners or use the C&A Diamond Plus call desk.  The benefits are that you can easily book your cruise, make payments and discuss the discounts available to include using your Mycruise points with other discounts, etc.   They have been exceptional at helping us get the cabin (location and/or category) we want, even if it does not appear on the website or through a TA.  Then when you need help with your existing reservation you can call them seven days a week and do not have to wait for a TA to get back to you.  RCCL has fantastic vacation planners.

20 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Found out the hard way. First time booking on-line for B2B shorties. Wanted the same cabin but the website wouldn't take payment for the 2nd leg. Backed out twice and reentered the cruise and info but no go. Finally closed the website, cleared cookies, and logged back in before it would take the same card. It's just easier to call.

Almost forgot, I had to call anyway because I never received the second invoice email.

Edited by Big_G

I always book online.  I want to be in control, not a travel agent, and I hate to spend the time on the phone.  That being said, when I tried to book my last cruise the cruise "disappeared" and I panicked and called.  The person I spoke with at RCI offered me the choice of different, and better in my opinion, rooms that had not appeared when I was booking online.

Suggest you use an online booking agency. Ive booked all our cruises online (thru a 3rd party agency since 2000) You will get more OBC and/or prepaid gratuitys.... However if your a newbie...you may be more comfortable booking directly thru RCL