carnival miracle

Is there anything exclusive about the carnival miracle ship? I will be sailing sept 2019 and am curious about this ship. i am reading that they did a 2.o maintenance upgrade ship but ship does not have guys burgers. i thought this was included in upgrade of ship. I am wondering what they did when they refurbished her. And what i expect from this cruise

Thoroughly enjoyed out Miracle cruise last April.  Ship was easy to get around and I liked the food.  Ours was an 8-day with only three ports so lots of nice sea-day brunches in the MDR.  We did our first ever Chef's Table and the steak house on Miracle was the coolest one I've seen yet (still haven't been on any of the really new ships yet). 

We had a balcony near the back and it was a great location to get straight down to MDR or straight up for some late night pizza.  Quiet room, and the AC worked great (I like to sleep as cool as I can).  Service was great from everyone we encountered and I wouldn't hesitate to cruise on her again but I think she'll be heading west before I get another chance.  Maybe some day we'll get to go to Alaska on her.

I thought I would miss Guy's but the burgers at the grill were great and I ate way more fried flour tortillas with cheese sauce than I should have.

If this post seems a little heavily food-oriented, well, yeah.  lol.  But we had some good drinks too!  

Edited by originalgeek
  • Like 1

We sailed on Miracle last April and are booked again this April. I really liked the ship itself. It is still a good size but never feels too crowded, with the exception of the Lido buffet at lunch on Sea Days as usual. Getting on and off the ship was super fast in the ports. Food was fine. I did miss the Dive In movies. They played movies one night in the comedy club (3 movies in a row) but they interfered with dinner times so we only watched one. 

Edited by Doggielover68

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 12:28 PM, originalgeek said:

Thoroughly enjoyed out Miracle cruise last April.  Ship was easy to get around and I liked the food.  Ours was an 8-day with only three ports so lots of nice sea-day brunches in the MDR.  We did our first ever Chef's Table and the steak house on Miracle was the coolest one I've seen yet (still haven't been on any of the really new ships yet). 

We had a balcony near the back and it was a great location to get straight down to MDR or straight up for some late night pizza.  Quiet room, and the AC worked great (I like to sleep as cool as I can).  Service was great from everyone we encountered and I wouldn't hesitate to cruise on her again but I think she'll be heading west before I get another chance.  Maybe some day we'll get to go to Alaska on her.

I thought I would miss Guy's but the burgers at the grill were great and I ate way more fried flour tortillas with cheese sauce than I should have.

If this post seems a little heavily food-oriented, well, yeah.  lol.  But we had some good drinks too!  

can you tell me if there were blow dryers in the room???  I've looked everywhere but can't find an answer!

thanks.

34 minutes ago, ethel813 said:

can you tell me if there were blow dryers in the room???  I've looked everywhere but can't find an answer!

thanks.

Hi Ethel, yes, there has been a blow dryer in every carnival cabin we've been in.  They are in a drawer by the big mirror in the room and the cord isn't very long and a lot of folks seem to think they are under-powered but they get the job done even if it takes a little longer.  At least, they do well enough that I'll be content with it rather than pack another blow dryer. One less thing for me to forget lol.

3 hours ago, originalgeek said:

Hi Ethel, yes, there has been a blow dryer in every carnival cabin we've been in.  They are in a drawer by the big mirror in the room and the cord isn't very long and a lot of folks seem to think they are under-powered but they get the job done even if it takes a little longer.  At least, they do well enough that I'll be content with it rather than pack another blow dryer. One less thing for me to forget lol.

thank you!   absolutely more room for shoes!!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 1:38 PM, the mistral wind said:

Is there anything exclusive about the carnival miracle ship? I will be sailing sept 2019 and am curious about this ship. i am reading that they did a 2.o maintenance upgrade ship but ship does not have guys burgers. i thought this was included in upgrade of ship. I am wondering what they did when they refurbished her. And what i expect from this cruise

I’m also sailing on Miracle in September. This will be my 3rd cruise so I’m still a newbie. Kinda disappointed it doesn’t have Guys but I can’t miss (too much) something I haven’t had. LOL

3 hours ago, katstoy said:

With the latest update do the bedside lamps have USB ports now?  Or is there still only one outlet on the desk?

My room on the Miracle in March just had the one desk outlet, and the older style lamps

The best part about the Miracle is the "feel". The staff makes you feel like family! Also, not feeling crowded is a great perk. I have been on her twice and plan on two more times when she comes back to the west coast.

• Like 2

It has actual pub for the Red Frog Pub with traditional bar games and really good pub type bands in the evenings.  The comedy club is very comfortable (get there a bit early) and decorated like Alice in Wonderland.  Also Serenity has a pool and very good bar service.  As others have said, not feeling lost is a huge bonus!  On our cruise they played movies in the afternoons in the main theater.  There was never anyone there and it was pretty cool to have the place almost to ourselves.  There was literally one other couple the day we went.  Of course, they were playing Pitch Perfect 3 and, at 50, I think I was about the 5th youngest person on the cruise.  So that might have had something to do with it!

Almost forgot, make steakhouse reservations.  It is really good and a nice experience.  I actually wished I had made like 3 reservations for it!

Edited by Nevada Jen

One of our favorite Carnival ships-----we were last on in 2015, if some older pictures would help you're welcome to check out our Hawaiian cruise album, link below. Just click on any of the smaller pix to see them larger, the Miracle starts at picture 47 (earlier are our stay at the Queen Mary).

MIRACLE HAWAIIAN CRUISE

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chocolate melting cake said:

One of our favorite Carnival ships-----we were last on in 2015, if some older pictures would help you're welcome to check out our Hawaiian cruise album, link below. Just click on any of the smaller pix to see them larger, the Miracle starts at picture 47 (earlier are our stay at the Queen Mary).

MIRACLE HAWAIIAN CRUISE

We sail on the Miracle the day after it comes out of dry dock ! I hope a crane doesn't fall on it!  LOL One day to do a turn around they are good

• Like 1

14 hours ago, katstoy said:

With the latest update do the bedside lamps have USB ports now?  Or is there still only one outlet on the desk?

They had them in our suite cabin 4228. There were two on each bedside lamp.

• 3 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 1:40 PM, chocolate melting cake said:

MIRACLE HAWAIIAN CRUISE

Great photos! We loved the Miracle, and DH sometimes retreated to Gatsby's garden to sit and read while I was enjoying the hot sunshine on the deck. Chloe was our CD on our last cruise, and she was so fun and pretty that we named our ragdoll kitten after het. LOL

We are not fond of Guy's burgers so we didn't miss it at all. There are lots of other delicious foods to choose from on the Lido deck.

• Like 1