Cases of water.

Deenkid

We usually sail RCI and take a case of water on board.  I thought I read that Carnival does not allow that but you can preorder a case to be in your cabin upon arrival.  Can anyone confirm that? I read the beverage package details but did not see any mention of this.

thanks!

Thanks for the info.  My daughter will relax now.  With 4 daughters who consume gallons of water, she will be relieved she doesn’t have to cart it on.  At least the price seems reasonable enough!

We do the same - refill the bottles if need be.  I have one in the cabin just for taking meds.  We always end up using the cabin glasses to put toiletries in - razors, toothpaste, etc.  Mostly though, we use them for going ashore.  The ship's water is fine for drinking, so we just drink it out of a glass wherever we happen to be hanging out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a reminder that if the OP wanted to bring water on board it would have to be in cans as no plastic bottles are allowed to be brought on board anymore. Better to pre-order the water to be in the cabin. It's cheap. If OP is Platinum there will be two free big bottles in the cabin.

1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

Just a reminder that if the OP wanted to bring water on board it would have to be in cans as no plastic bottles are allowed to be brought on board anymore. Better to pre-order the water to be in the cabin. It's cheap. If OP is Platinum there will be two free big bottles in the cabin.

GOLD also gets a 1 liter complimentary bottle of water per person....

• Like 2

Carnival is the first line to charge a reasonable amount for a case of water. I think that's great. Yes its cheaper at my local Target but $4.50 is a perfect price point to make lugging water around not worth it. Way to go Carnival.

• Like 8

I agree

12 minutes ago, Jenjer said:

Carnival is the first line to charge a reasonable amount for a case of water. I think that's great. Yes its cheaper at my local Target but $4.50 is a perfect price point to make lugging water around not worth it. Way to go Carnival.

We drink alot of water and we will purchase 3 cases for four of us when we cruise in 2020 (Blue distinction as it is our first cruise ever).  Sometimes the tap has a distinct taste and we prefer bottled when traveling.

13 hours ago, Jenjer said:

There is normally 24 to a case in my village anyway.i pay $2.25 a case(24).all day long..to each their own.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CoolOne56 said:

I'm just wondering, where can you buy canned water?  I know the soda companies send canned water to Flint, Michigan or hurricane hit areas.  Just wondering. 😕

I have only seen it for consumer sale on Amazon.  Priced very high but has a shelf life of 50 years.  I only see sparkling/seltzer water in cans at my local grocery store. 

Sidenote:  I love the Sparkling lemon water (found in cans and bottles) and mix it with lemonade and vodka for a spritzer:classic_biggrin:  

9 hours ago, CoolOne56 said:

I'm just wondering, where can you buy canned water?  I know the soda companies send canned water to Flint, Michigan or hurricane hit areas.  Just wondering. 😕

You can purchase canned sparkling water; however, I have seen flat water in cartons (which can also be carried on).  

Just a side note, though......it doesn't get delivered in case form; so you can't like pick it up and move it or stack it in your cabin.  It's 12 single bottles that they tear out of that 24 pack previously mentioned.  Thus, ours took up space on the table in our cabin.

1 hour ago, Crazy4Camping said:

Just a side note, though......it doesn't get delivered in case form; so you can't like pick it up and move it or stack it in your cabin.  It's 12 single bottles that they tear out of that 24 pack previously mentioned.  Thus, ours took up space on the table in our cabin.

Every time I have ordered it comes wrapped in plastic same as if I were to buy it in the store.

1 hour ago, Crazy4Camping said:

2 minutes ago, robc1972 said:

Every time I have ordered it comes wrapped in plastic same as if I were to buy it in the store.

I've had it delivered both ways.  I think it just depends on what the ship has available.

Which ship are you sailing on?  If you’ll have a fridge, just bring a Brita or ZeroWater pitcher.  They take up little room and you can filter your own water that way.  

Also, it’s nice to see people appreciate the reasonable charge for the water rather than complain that they can’t carry on their own bottles.  I feel like Carnival always gets trashed for their faults, but gets little recognition for the things they do right.  It’s just nice that this didn’t turn into another I-hate-Carnival-it’s-just-another-cutback thread.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy4Camping said:

Some people like to travel with those door organizers. You could always keep some bottles in that. 

30 minutes ago, NauticalNeophyte said:

Also, it’s nice to see people appreciate the reasonable charge for the water rather than complain that they can’t carry on their own bottles.  I feel like Carnival always gets trashed for their faults, but gets little recognition for the things they do right.  It’s just nice that this didn’t turn into another I-hate-Carnival-it’s-just-another-cutback thread.  

I so totally agree. I try to save anywhere I can regardless on amount. the carnival water will cost me about 2x per bottle what I could purchase locally BUT well worth me not having to carry any onto the ship. If I was buying mass quantity I might hesitate for a second but for less than $5 it's a no brainer...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robc1972 said:

2 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

I've had it delivered both ways.  I think it just depends on what the ship has available.

Wow ok sorry I stand corrected.  We were already in our room when they came with the water and I saw how they did it and figured that would be across the board cause cheaper for them to buy it in a 24-pack. I truly wish it had been wrapped as it would have been easier.....

12 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

The loose ones are probably leftover from passengers. :classic_biggrin:  I left several bottles of water.